Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Amber farm is over with the next update (Read 38012 times)
wolff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Amber farm is over with the next update
Reply #75 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
so, basically all mmos? K....

Not just MMOs.   What about board games?   Settlers, Risk, Ticket to ride.  Trying to get the most resources/best score in the least amount of time/effort/risk?   Apparently, you're "bad"!   

What about life?  Trying to get a good salary without working too many hours a week?   You suck!

Education - trying to get a degree without paying the absolute most amount of money you can?   Definitely a loser.

It really makes me wonder what kind of life Gramh came from, exactly.  Apparently the kind where something is only good if you paid more money for it than everyone else.  Brat.

That idiot lost me when he said that running Amber for rxp and farming goggles for sentient xp was the same as duping ingredients.   Playing the game by the rules set down by the devs in a way that makes sense is literally the same as cheating. 

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 5:18pm:
We all tolerate small bugs like this. We are aware of the budget of the company and the lack of resources. But usually we rant about stupid game decision the DEVs take, like this one, or other idiotic stuff like thinking quartestaff monk is top DPS, and many other things the whole community disagrees with them but they go foward and implement for some weird reason. And nerfing Amber actually is against QoL. Major sections of the playerbase will be hurt by this, even those who don't care about rxp.

30 people screaming over eachother on the mobos every design decision is almost customary at this point, I'd get tone deaf to the noise after a while myself. I didn't pay attention to the reasoning but I know the monk henshin changes were definitely not aimed at bringing staff monks down to reasonable dps.

Nerfing amber is a two fold benefit. one, people stop grinding one point of content to death so they don't get burnt out on the game thinking thats the only way to acquire their goals. second people won't judge new content based on what they get from amber, like everyone always does when new content comes out "the xp per min isn't awesome so bad pack" from the 30 screaming people on the mobos and the 10 screaming people on the vault.

If they cared about the rxp they will just have more active participants, if they didn't care what is really getting hurt? Oh no 30 more mobs strewn out across the place on elite+ so it doesn't feel empty as fuck. If that's killing your gaming experience having the exact same quest mechanics + more mobs then you're brain damaged.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
wolff wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 7:43pm:
Not just MMOs.   What about board games?   Settlers, Risk, Ticket to ride.  Trying to get the most resources/best score in the least amount of time/effort/risk?   Apparently, you're "bad"!   

What about life?  Trying to get a good salary without working too many hours a week?   You suck!

Education - trying to get a degree without paying the absolute most amount of money you can?   Definitely a loser.

It really makes me wonder what kind of life Gramh came from, exactly.  Apparently the kind where something is only good if you paid more money for it than everyone else.  Brat.

That idiot lost me when he said that running Amber for rxp and farming goggles for sentient xp was the same as duping ingredients.   Playing the game by the rules set down by the devs in a way that makes sense is literally the same as cheating. 

They changed all those things you fucktard, so obviously they weren't super stoked about people utilizing them in that fashion. So yeah they are equivalent. The only difference is that amber and goggles were their mistake, so no mass bans. But no, playing in a way that makes sense with the rules set down by the devs, sure take that shit defense.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #78 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 1:53pm:
Honestly, this is a lot of bitching about nothing.   The meta for XP earn is always changing.   I remember when it was Rusted Blades for ED farming.  If this one becomes less efficient, something else will show up that replaces it.

The very first xp meta for ED's was the House C challenge Lava caves. Where you have to collect a bunch of crystals. It wasnt a crazy farm, just beat out questing. It was nerfed like a month after MotU launched. I managed to max out about five trees but quit due to pure boredom. Luckily the xp saga exploit with 'Dont Drink the Water' was found a few months later so people maxed out all destines with no repercussions.

Ironically Amber farm wasnt even the best after the first nerf. I talk to the Chinese on Sarlona often. They finally came back about a year ago. They said Amber was only worth with buddy xp bonus week with a 50% pot. So R10 dailies and HoX R10 every 3 days was superior. Until reaper HoX got nuked as well.

Endgame switched from items to xp with MotU. Seeing them constantly pull this bullshit is just the unfortunate side effect of the endgame system they built. Gotta keep people on the treadmill.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

wolff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
They changed all those things

Wait, did they change the part of life where you want to get more money without working more hours?  I missed that.

Sorta like you missed the entire point of my post, you poor, unintelligent twit.

Quote:
so obviously they weren't super stoked about people utilizing them in that fashion ...their mistake,

It's almost incomprehensible that you can say something like this and still not understand that the problem was on the dev side, not the players' side.  It requires a level of doublethink that would impress George Orwell.  But I've probably lost you at this point.

ok, no more feeding the pigeon...   

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #80 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
wolff wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 11:24pm:
Wait, did they change the part of life where you want to get more money without working more hours?  I missed that.

Sorta like you missed the entire point of my post, you poor, unintelligent twit.

It's almost incomprehensible that you can say something like this and still not understand that the problem was on the dev side, not the players' side.  It requires a level of doublethink that would impress George Orwell.  But I've probably lost you at this point.

ok, no more feeding the pigeon...   

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/90/82/239082b47592d94a70eacef5c57490dc.jpg

oh no i got the point of your retarded post, people don't want to do shit to have shit and will look for any way to do less shit to get more shit. the problem is it doesn't work out that way and if you're getting more than the effort you're putting in there's clearly an issue and if you can't see that you're a lazy ass retard.

If you think you can always prevent every unintended consequence from occurring you're a fuckin stupid arrogant piece of shit. So they decided to fix the problem, and now you bitches are squealing like stuck pigs like the world is gonna end now that the gravy train is gone, like always happens when they clean up their own mess.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
Endgame switched from items to xp with MotU. Seeing them constantly pull this bullshit is just the unfortunate side effect of the endgame system they built. Gotta keep people on the treadmill.

Is this your first MMORPG? You act surprised that they would create a system to increase your playtime. Just this one offers xp, rxp, and gear chasing as viable options to circumvent not being able to come out with 3 months of content each quarter >.>
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2019 at 11:45pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
So they decided to fix the problem, and now you bitches are squealing like stuck pigs like the world is gonna end now that the gravy train is gone, like always happens when they clean up their own mess.

You're such a fucking pussy, nigga. You really think they decided to "fix" it this time, randomly? And not the last time they slowed it down? They had the chance to permanently fix it the first time, you fucking cuck. They "fixed" it now because the new expansion is coming and they sold enough xp potions for amber. Now STFU and kill your self, bitchass

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:01am:
You're such a fucking pussy, nigga. You really think they decided to "fix" it this time, randomly? And not the last time they slowed it down? They had the chance to permanently fix it the first time, you fucking cuck. They "fixed" it now because the new expansion is coming and they sold enough xp potions for amber. Now STFU and kill your self, bitchass

Tinfoil hat harder fuckwad.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Quote:

continue to be more gullible, fucking puss

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Gullible? fuck i don't even care about amber temple, you all are the angry cucks getting pissed about shit in a videogame.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Yeah I'm with Rubbins, this has nothing to do with closing a sploit or rxp, it is all about Sharn.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #87 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 3:18am:
Yeah I'm with Rubbins, this has nothing to do with closing a sploit or rxp, it is all about Sharn.

While I disagree with the xp potion part (they sell more from people TRing), I'm going to have to agree that the change is related to Sharn. We've had the devs repeating that they are working on nothing but Sharn until it's released. A raid is being delayed until after release because it's not going to be done, but suddenly a content dev has the time to make changes to Amber.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #88 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
Is this your first MMORPG? You act surprised that they would create a system to increase your playtime. Just this one offers xp, rxp, and gear chasing as viable options to circumvent not being able to come out with 3 months of content each quarter >.>

I'm not surprised they created a new grind system. I was surprised the focus went from endgame loot to farming xp.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry but you can't buy wings, you have to earn them. You are a bad if you need amber temple to get reaper xp, point blank. Just like you're a bad if you needed rose colored goggles to fill up sentient weapons, just like you're a bad if you needed to dupe to get thunderforged ings. Cry more for being bad please.

The solution to stop people running the same quest 400 times in a weekend isn't to nerf Amber, it's to change the ransack mechanism to ransack to 0.

Of course the devs can barely code, so that's out.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
imanoob wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:43am:
The solution to stop people running the same quest 400 times in a weekend isn't to nerf Amber, it's to change the ransack mechanism to ransack to 0.

Of course the devs can barely code, so that's out.

Never happen, that would represent a level of understanding of game design that would lead to Steelstar collecting unemployment checks.  Fortunately for him, we have Sev and his job is safe.  You can be sure the next change to reaper is going to be a collosal shitshow.

IP Logged

noobane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I'm under the opinion that there are many features that are not wai that they have left in place because they were able to monetize.  It is just good business sense and once it is no long profitable then you fix the problem. 
This was a design problem on their part and just like any opportunity people will look to maximize it.  You should look to your new guild first as every one of those with wings in there used this method to get their wings.
Perhaps the issue is SSG didn't realize what they were doing when they made it.  Maybe they really thought it qualified as a "very long" quest.  But, to many people's point, it is also very possible that they just didn't care as those that were getting rich off of it were also the ones that were giving them lots of money every month.  It's fair to say they knew it was still too easy but there was no rush due to cash flowing in.
I've done very little amber farming so I'm not invested in the grind, but for those that have the time and patience to go do it you really can't hold it against them since they are working with what they are given.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
noobane wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
I'm under the opinion that there are many features that are not wai that they have left in place because they were able to monetize.  It is just good business sense and once it is no long profitable then you fix the problem. 
This was a design problem on their part and just like any opportunity people will look to maximize it.  You should look to your new guild first as every one of those with wings in there used this method to get their wings.
Perhaps the issue is SSG didn't realize what they were doing when they made it.  Maybe they really thought it qualified as a "very long" quest.  But, to many people's point, it is also very possible that they just didn't care as those that were getting rich off of it were also the ones that were giving them lots of money every month.  It's fair to say they knew it was still too easy but there was no rush due to cash flowing in.
I've done very little amber farming so I'm not invested in the grind, but for those that have the time and patience to go do it you really can't hold it against them since they are working with what they are given.

Yep, I don't see any problem with SSG killing off an easy reaper farm.  How they did this one just shows how little they consider these changes before spending the dev time to implement them.  If it turns out to be a PITA in my racial lives I'll just skip it and use my vip freebie to collect the saga.  I've already got everything that drops in that quest...

IP Logged

noobane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:48pm:
Yep, I don't see any problem with SSG killing off an easy reaper farm.  How they did this one just shows how little they consider these changes before spending the dev time to implement them.  If it turns out to be a PITA in my racial lives I'll just skip it and use my vip freebie to collect the saga.  I've already got everything that drops in that quest...

I'm not convinced it will kill it.   It will just focus the builds that will do it.  I do understand the frustration though as this hasn't been a priority for a long time but now it is so players once again will question why are things only being fixed when they hurt players when 100% of dev focus is supposed to be on sharn. 
I also am amused by the hypocrisy of a bard calling out all his new guildies who farmed that harder than anyone i've ever seen.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
noobane wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:56pm:
I'm not convinced it will kill it.   It will just focus the builds that will do it.  I do understand the frustration though as this hasn't been a priority for a long time but now it is so players once again will question why are things only being fixed when they hurt players when 100% of dev focus is supposed to be on sharn. 
I also am amused by the hypocrisy of a bard calling out all his new guildies who farmed that harder than anyone i've ever seen.

Hey now, it took me 8 hard days to get reaper wings. 😂

IP Logged

noobane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 1:33pm:
Hey now, it took me 8 hard days to get reaper wings. 😂

Ha!  This is true.  Just think if you wouldn't have wasted time sleeping or eating.  Your efficiency rating is dropping.

Anyone willing to do this, more power to you!  Within the rules and legit rxp.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Haha. I'm not saying players shouldn't do what the devs allow them to do but reaper wings in 8 days only happened for those lucky enough to be around when the storm horns exploit was active.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
imanoob wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:43am:

+1
but back to Rubbinns point, SSG would not have sold all those XP pots, if people could only run it 6 times a day.  many got sold for people farming it 3 to 6 hours, at a time.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
pinkpuff wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 2:16pm:
Haha. I'm not saying players shouldn't do what the devs allow them to do but reaper wings in 8 days only happened for those lucky enough to be around when the storm horns exploit was active.

Can 100% confirm xp weekends in amber will net you wings in 8 days

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #99 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 3:57pm:
Can 100% confirm xp weekends in amber will net you wings in 8 days

Fuck.   Wish you could have box piked one of my toons for those 8 days.    Angry

Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2019 at 4:13pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Send TopicPrint