Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pre-order Sharn tonight! (Read 6948 times)
Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Pre-order Sharn tonight!
Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:09am
Print Post  
https://gc.digitalriver.com/store?Action=custom&CustomPageEnv=DESIGN&Locale=en_U...

Looks like the expansion will be released on April 30th.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:12am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Re: Pre-order Sharn tonight!
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
A Dimensional Augment Bag**
Holds 500 unique items

There's the interesting part.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Universal Enhancement Point Tome

I guess.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Here's a side by side comparison in a pretty bad format
Ultimate Collector's Standard
$129.99 $79.99 $39.99
Masterminds of Sharn Expansion *  Experience 9 new quests, New Raid, New Wilderness Area, New Saga and more! Masterminds of SharnExpansion *  Experience 9 new quests, New Raid, New Wilderness Area, New Saga and more! Masterminds of Sharn Expansion *  Experience 9 new quests, New Raid, New Wilderness Area, New Saga and more!
Tiefling race and character slot  Tiefling Scoundrel Iconic Hero Tiefling race and character slot Tiefling race
An Ultimate Sharn Supplies **  140 Astral Shards  3 Major Guild Renown Elixirs  20 Greater Treasure Hunter's Potions  5 Mirrors of Glamering Improved Sharn Supplies **  50 Astral Shards  2 Major Guild Renown Elixirs  10 Greater Treasure Hunter's Potions Sharn Supplies **  20 Astral Shards  1 Major Guild Renown Elixir
Universal Tree: Inquisitive Universal Tree: Inquisitive
Shield Guardian Hireling: Heroic and Legendary Shield Guardian Hireling: Heroic
Cosmetics  Inquisitive Cosmetics  Inquisitive's Robe, mask, & cloak  Cosmetic Pet: Bloodhound  High Society Cosmetics  High society outfit, hat, & cloak  Cosmetic Pet: Warforged Peacock Cosmetics  Inquisitive Cosmetics  Inquisitive's Robe, mask, & cloak  Cosmetic Pet: Bloodhound
A Dimensional Augment Bag**  Holds 500 unique items A Dimensional Augment Bag**  Holds 500 unique items
Misc  Weapon Aura: Forgewraith  A Universal Enhancement Point Tome for every character  A Boarding Pass – Teleport to Sharn!*

Here's a better format: https://ddowiki.com/page/Masterminds_of_Sharn#Available_bundles
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2019 at 2:12am by crunch »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:36am:
There's the interesting part.

thats what i have been thinking...expect lot of downtimes after people realize the potential of new bags. Grin

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Are they really that bad at coding/testing that the new bags will allow duping again?

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:52am:
I guess.

This could be interesting if it is universal as in can be used for any enhancement slot. But I'm guessing it means universal trees only. Which would be a super big disappointment.

Harper was genuinely universal. Anyone could make use of it. Vistani really is a melee dagger tree (throwing daggers need more than vistani to make them viable throwers). Falconry is the cop-out for not making Warpriest/Soul viable. And Inquisitor is even more exclusive than Vistani or Falconry with its extreme focus on crossbows.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Cocomajobo Today at 12:31 AM: Do not purchase any of those bundles tonight.

Cocomajobo Today at 1:09 AM: Alright then. You should no longer be able to purchase the erroneously listed DDO Market offerings. For anyone who did purchase one: Do not redeem the code until after we patch. For anyone who purchased one and redeemed the code: We've identified all the accounts that redeemed stuff. We'll get you  sorted after the patch.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Fuck em. $130 for just an expansion and some gimmicks?

Pass on the shards, thanks. You dipshits let shard duping go so long shards are like plat now.

Some cosmetics? Oh goodie! Not like that hasn’t been one of the main focus in the game for several years now.

A new everything bag? That would have been useful before sentient stuff came out, but by now we’ve learned to deal with the piss-poor inventory management systems with bank toons and alt accounts. Then you gave a reason for the hoarders to crunch their named useless crap, freeing up a lot of space. Nice try but, thanks I’m good on storage.

So where’s the value vs the lag? What makes 7 quests and a new race worth more than going all in on a newer game like Guild Wars 2? News flash Turbine....Your shit does stink and you don’t even have in game support now. You don’t deserve $130 for a dry handjob. That’s more than a good hooker charges for all night any hole.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 9:27am
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 9:24am:
So where’s the value vs the lag? What makes 7 quests and a new race worth more than going all in on a newer game like Guild Wars 2? News flash Turbine....Your shit does stink and you don’t even have in game support now. You don’t deserve $130 for a dry handjob. That’s more than a good hooker charges for all night any hole.

16 quests actually, or so it seems. 9 in Sharn and 7 in the cogs.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Fuck em. $130 for just an expansion and some gimmicks?

The three Sharn bundles are identical to the Ravenloft bundles.  So you can expect to wait six months to purchase the expansion and races ala carte with DDO Points.  Either way, SSG knows they have you by the short hairs.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Fuck em. $130 for just an expansion and some gimmicks? That’s more than a good hooker charges for all night any hole.

I’m betting that your keen ability to determine the best value for your mmo dollar reduces the likelihood that you’d know a good hooker if you fell into it.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Did they say if this will be like RL where you can get the quests with points in a few months? What was RL, 2500?

I'm assuming it will be about the same points wise.

« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2019 at 10:22am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 8:14am:
Cocomajobo Today at 12:31 AM: Do not purchase any of those bundles tonight.

Cocomajobo Today at 1:09 AM: Alright then. You should no longer be able to purchase the erroneously listed DDO Market offerings. For anyone who did purchase one: Do not redeem the code until after we patch. For anyone who purchased one and redeemed the code: We've identified all the accounts that redeemed stuff. We'll get you  sorted after the patch.

Sounds a lot like SSG...

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Why do we think the bag will just hold any item? It sounds like its just an augment bag with a stupid name.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 11:02am:
Why do we think the bag will just hold any item? It sounds like its just an augment bag with a stupid name.

They just confirmed on forums it is just a fucking augment bag.  Only thing that was a big value add to me....fuck.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:07pm:
They just confirmed on forums it is just a fucking augment bag.  Only thing that was a big value add to me....fuck.

I dunno why anyone thought it was going to be anything else. It's been confirmed several times by devs that they can't make bags that hold regular items. And it said "augment bag" right there in the name.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Same shitty expansion pack paradigm... I've got a mist bottle so I don't need a  level 1 teleport clicky anymore.  well Borderlands 3 announcement at Pax starts in 40 mins...
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:22pm by Tspoon »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I like my teleport clickies but it's getting out of hand. One for eveningstar, one for ravenloft, one for sharn... its like they don't think ahead at all with these things.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:24pm:
I like my teleport clickies but it's getting out of hand. One for eveningstar, one for ravenloft, one for sharn... its like they don't think ahead at all with these things.

Well the timer on the eveningstar one makes it much less useful versus the bottle....  but yeah, that's 3 pack slots that should only be 1

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Masterminds of Sharn™ expansion will be purchasable in September 2019 for points in the DDO Store.
Race: Teifling 1595
Masterminds of Sharn Expansion Content: 2495
Tiefling Scoundrel Iconic: 1395
Universal Tome: 3495
Extra Dimensional Bag: 1595

https://www.ddo.com/en/masterminds-sharn-faqs

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
It literally takes like 10 seconds to run from the airship to House J RL portal.

Unless they put the entrance to Sharn next to Ghola Fans crib, I give zero fucks about a teleport there.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:35pm:
Masterminds of Sharn™ expansion will be purchasable in September 2019 for points in the DDO Store.
Race: Teifling 1595
Masterminds of Sharn Expansion Content: 2495
Tiefling Scoundrel Iconic: 1395
Universal Tome: 3495
Extra Dimensional Bag: 1595

https://www.ddo.com/en/masterminds-sharn-faqs

Plenty of time to run 3 racial trs and get 3000+ points from favor to buy the pack!
(If you aren't already sitting on 5000+ points from running trs like most people!)

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:38pm:
It literally takes like 10 seconds to run from the airship to House J RL portal.

Unless they put the entrance to Sharn next to Ghola Fans crib, I give zero fucks about a teleport there.

And it takes 10 seconds to run from the RL portal to your airship, and less than that from the RL tavern and once you unlock eveningstar the bottle take you there in 2 hops as well....
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:45pm by Tspoon »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
No information on the new class yet?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint