Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lam has new gear... (Read 5977 times)
yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Re: Lam has new gear...
Reply #25 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 5:26pm:
I gave you 3-4 ways to get there.  Beast Mantle was only one of them.  But I get that you have to try to find something to defend your initial knee jerk reaction.  Can't admit you were wrong on the internet.

You can get +5 MP and +1 Stat and + 10 Nat Armor in addition to the +10 AP.   It's not a bad use of 3 of your 11 filigree slots.   I'm not sure what 4 or 5 piece set you are passing on that does more.  Keep in mind that you are getting 25 MP with the new set that you don't get with Silent Avenger and extra helpless damage as well.   And the overall stats on the items are better.  The stuff you are missing (parrying, etc) is easily replaceable with other items in open slots.

The overall build, once you maximize the slotting, has the same AP, Double strike with more MP, more deadly, better stats, more accuracy.   With better defenses.   If you can't see it then, just try to slot in a minor artifact on your lame 18 month old RL gear set (hint it isn't going to be that easy) and enjoy being worse than people running with mostly sharn gear.   

You are wong and Silent avenger is a better set with better set items too.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 4:47pm:
What would be the 35% AP item? Only one with that bonus is a Thunderforged weapon. Beacon of Night for 31. (weapons)

New set has a conflict on necklace slot because  regular item has  AP (33) and raid item has the Insightful AP (17).

Then the other AP items are raid gloves, from RL (32) and Sharn (34), so you can't use new set gloves if you want to fit those 17  from raid neck to have both, so no set bonus.

So what else? Vulkoor mask from RL for 31, maybe Knife Toed boot for 28

You are right.  I mistakenly typed 35 instead of 31.   I was thinking of the Vulkoor Mask.   It is 4 lower.  88%.  So you need to come up with 12% with a bunch of options to make up the gap.   Rangers and Rogues, especially, are getting that super easily.  A fighter just twists Grim and calls it a day.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #27 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 5:32pm:
You are wong and Silent avenger is a better set with better set items too.

Ok.   We can agree to disagree.   Bookmark this thread and in 4 months, let's see what end game build threads have for gearing.   I doubt highly it will be Silent Avenger.   I think there is a lot of day 1 bias based on emotional attachment to your current build.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 4:12pm:
It's not that hard to get to 100% AP/Fort Bypass.

35% Armor Piercing item
17% Insight AP - Raid Necklace
25% Precision
10% Beasts mantle set 3 piece set (don't forget about he minor artifacts)
5%  Trapsmith's Workshop guild buff

92%

And then you are either a fighter with Improved Sunder, A ranger with Advanced Sneak Attack, or a Monk with the Dark Dark Dark ToD, or a Rogue with Opportunist or with Assassins trick. 

Keep in mind ToD, Mark of the Hunted, and Assassin's Tick help the party.  So even one ranger, rogue, or Monk in the party and you are good to go.

If you don't like that, twist Grim Precision (SD - 15% Tier 3) or Clarity (GMoF - 10%, Tier 4) in.   

If you don't like the filigrees, use the twist.   

Hell, you can even get there without Precision.   

Especially against Constructs.  (Which Sharn is probably heavy on)  Slot a Deconstructor for an additional 10% from Destruction.

The Fort Bypass on Silent Avenger is no big deal anymore.   Stop knee jerk reacting and do the builds people. 

It actually seems pretty hard given all the hoops and contortions you're going through trying to prove it.

35% is only on Thunderforged weapons.  So that means you think every melee DPS should be rolling w/ a Thunderforged weapon for every fight with undead, constructs, and bosses? 

If we apply a common sense filter to this, the best realistic option for most DPS melee builds would be the Molten Silver Gloves with 32%.  Second best option would be the House J Dex hat with 31%.  Options gets shitty fast beyond those.

The main issue is that the Part of the Family set bonus requires the armor slot + necklace slot + gloves.  That means you give up the Molten Silver Gloves.   So if you're rolling a dex melee, the House J dex hat would be ok and give you 31%.  You're screwed if you're rolling a str build though.

The rest of your suggestions completely neglect to factor in the opportunity cost of those options versus what has to be given up to use them.

Seems like a fairly high opportunity cost to burn 3 filigree slots for 10 Fort Bypass and 10 Nat AC given what you could get from other 3-piece sets.

There are similar somewhat questionable opportunity costs in your class enhancement and twists suggestions.

Last but not least, giving up the armor, neck and glove slots makes it much more difficult to retain the Adherents of the Mist set bonus.  So there's that to take into account, too.

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that it seems like you just hurriedly pulled numbers out of your ass without considering the comprehensive picture. 

I suspect that when all factors are considered, the difference isn't going to be that large between the Sharn equipment and the RL gear.  The biggest advantage will likely be that we gain some flexibility and options on how we gear that can be better tailored to our individual builds and playstyles.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2019 at 8:53pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #29 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Not saying you're wrong, just saying that it seems like you just hurriedly pulled numbers out of your ass without considering the comprehensive picture. 

This is where I"m at.

Like I said. 5-10% dps increase for people who use precision. Everyone else should stick with silent avenger.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #30 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 1:14pm:
It looks like the power creep will come from the minor artifacts system mostly.

I kind of find it funny that there wasn't a PM based minor artifact in this first batch. I'm guessing they're waiting for the update after Sharn's release with the new Sharn pack and possibly the PM/Sorc tweaks.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #31 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 8:48pm:

Lol.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 8:35am
Print Post  
The main issue is that the Part of the Family set bonus requires the armor slot + necklace slot + gloves.  That means you give up the Molten Silver Gloves.   So if you're rolling a dex melee, the House J dex hat would be ok and give you 31%.  You're screwed if you're rolling a str build though.

Really?   There are several options for Str in the new gear.  Maybe you didn't look through it closely enough.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 8:35am:
Really?   There are several options for Str in the new gear.  Maybe you didn't look through it closely enough.

you will also loose the knockdown feat from fleetfoot...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 10:49am
Print Post  
New set is much more exciting for builds that prefer heavy or medium armor.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #35 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:00am
Print Post  
The biggest advantage will likely be that we gain some flexibility and options on how we gear that can be better tailored to our individual builds and playstyles.

This is probably the most important thing.

"Best" can always have a "...but."

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #36 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:55am
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 9:32am:
you will also loose the knockdown feat from fleetfoot...

Which helps with which scenario?  The one where you are beating on the back of a raid boss or the the one where you are DoD'ing and sneak attacking a bunch of helpless/CC'd trash mobs?

Or are we talking about when you solo/shortman R4 and lower without CC and have aggro of mobs you can't self CC or kill super fast?   Cause that's not what I'm most concerned about in my build.  Spending a build slot on a 1 in 20 chance to CC a mob once every 12 seconds when running trivial, non-challenging content.   

The necklace was more useful for the Wisdom with HH and saves and the membership in the Adherent Set.   Wind Thru the Trees is neat, but I'm not that affected by its loss. 

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:58am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:55am:
Which helps with which scenario?  The one where you are beating on the back of a raid boss or the the one where you are DoD'ing and sneak attacking a bunch of helpless/CC'd trash mobs?

Or are we talking about when you solo/shortman R4 and lower without CC and have aggro of mobs you can't self CC or kill super fast?   Cause that's not what I'm most concerned about in my build.  Spending a build slot on a 1 in 20 chance to CC a mob once every 12 seconds when running trivial, non-challenging content.   

The necklace was more useful for the Wisdom with HH and saves and the membership in the Adherent Set.   Wind Thru the Trees is neat, but I'm not that affected by its loss. 

Are you trolling ? It's a no save knockdown on a hit/miss and can easily save your life in reaper.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 12:02pm:
Are you trolling ? It's a no save knockdown on a hit/miss and can easily save your life in reaper.

Yea but you don’t build or play high reaper based on a very low chance occurance.  That said, unless they change the gear up somewhat, avenger set is still the way to go

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #39 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 8:35am:

Or maybe you just had a serious reading comprehension failure in your frenzy to blindly debate your position without actually reading what I said?  Hell, I even tried to be somewhat courteous in my response to specifically to avoid triggering exactly this sort of stupid.

I'll simplify it for you since you're struggling.

Please list which item you'd use for 30% or better Armor Piercing given this criteria
  • Build = strength-based melee DPS
  • Current Items Worn = Part of the Family 3-piece set (armor, neck, gloves)

I'm well-aware that a strength-based melee build can wear the Legendary Mask of the Vulkoorim for 31% armor piercing but the point on that being that aside from the armor-piercing, the effects on it are fairly useless or redundant with gear you'd have in other slots on such a build, thus giving that helmet a fairly high opportunity cost.

Maybe I'm wrong and you'd actually need the dodge, reflex saves, and trace of madness from that helmet if you're wearing all the other Sharn gear, but that seems unlikely.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #40 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
Maybe I'm wrong

No maybe about it.   

You see the gear on day one and don't take the time to analyze the options.  Just spout off.   Take more time, padawan.   Or just wait for someone like Rubbinns.  Someone who knows what they are doing.   You don't.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
The biggest advantage will likely be that we gain some flexibility and options on how we gear that can be better tailored to our individual builds and playstyles.

Wait. That sounds like SSG finally added gear the right way, instead of going with more mindless power creep?

How the fuck can that be right?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
It's a trap!

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #43 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 3:44pm:
No maybe about it.   

You see the gear on day one and don't take the time to analyze the options.  Just spout off.   Take more time, padawan.   Or just wait for someone like Rubbinns.  Someone who knows what they are doing.   You don't.

And yet, you offer no supporting evidence, so nope, there's still a maybe in there.  Spouting off?  Yeah, sure.  You seem awfully defensive when all I've done is ask some questions about your statements.

I'm just questioning whether or not you've based your opinion on the full picture rather than just tunnelvisioned in on a few specific portions that fit your SSG fanboi narrative.

Sure, I don't mind waiting for Rubbinns to figure it out.  Clearly we can't depend on you to offer up thorough, well-reasoned statements that have considered all the angles.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #44 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 5:35pm:
Wait. That sounds like SSG finally added gear the right way, instead of going with more mindless power creep?

How the fuck can that be right?

Have faith.  This is early beta.  There's still plenty of time for them to fuck it up.

Jokes aside though, yes, if they don't manage to screw it up and nerf things into oblivion, it looks like they might have not gone crazy on the powercreep and instead just offered up some interesting alternatives for gearsets and various builds.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Just want to add that any Falconer can keep a perma 50% fort reduction going.  Since I have a real boner for Wis based builds right now that is something to keep in mind.

I already abandoned Silent Avenger set on my Wolf build as I already had max fort bypass.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Fuck it, other than my weapon and 30% striders, I run naked all the time, all this math is for losers

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #47 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 6:38pm:
You seem awfully defensive when all I've done is ask some questions about your statements.

Fair enough.   You did start by asking questions without being abrasive for the first 2 posts.   

At this point, I'm going to wait for a revised lama gear list to be posed to really speak to anything.  Too many changes.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #48 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
TornadoJoe wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 4:38pm:
Fuck it, other than my weapon and 30% striders, I run naked all the time, all this math is for losers

Rock out with your cock out, thats what I always say.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 11:11am
Print Post  
If the quests are fun, then I'll be happy to have ml 15 gear to wear from level 15 to 28 instead of using pretty much all cannith crafted stuff for epic leveling.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint