Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Favored Soul Inquisitive Build (Read 5393 times)
Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Favored Soul Inquisitive Build
Apr 29th, 2019 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Concept: Pretty simple concept, I want to use the Favored Soul's Cha or Wisdom to hit and Damage given feat coupled with Inquisitive.

It uses heavy crossbows, rune arms and a heavy investment into Inquisitive, while still allowing heal spells to keep my reaper TR group alive. 

I have +6 Tomes, Heroic Completionist, Below is a snip of the build planner, I inserted Aasimar because I needed a race to proceed, but it's going to be a Racial TR template.

I'm open to going Cleric and using Falconry if you think it'd be better.

I've been experimenting with Inquisitive as a 2 Arti/18 Ranger, and so far I've enjoyed it. I've been consistently dealing a lot of damage and I can fairly easily clear rooms with the Inquisitive 'Endless Fusillade' on Reaper 2.

I'm not trying to take down content at Reaper 10 or anything grand, just have something that can deal decent damage while providing heal support to some of my newer TR partners in Reaper 1-2, and then take into some epic leveling if the urge strikes us.

I posted on the DDO Forums, but I'm not getting much feedback.

FavoredShooter
17/2/1 Favored Soul/Artificer/Fighter
True Neutral Aasimar

Level Order

1. Artificer       6. Favored Soul   11. Favored Soul   16. Favored Soul
2. Artificer       7. Favored Soul   12. Favored Soul   17. Favored Soul
3. Fighter         8. Favored Soul   13. Favored Soul   18. Favored Soul
4. Favored Soul    9. Favored Soul   14. Favored Soul   19. Favored Soul
5. Favored Soul   10. Favored Soul   15. Favored Soul   20. Favored Soul

Stats
               36pt     Tome     Level Up
               ----     ----     --------
Strength        10       +6       4: WIS
Dexterity       14       +6       8: WIS
Constitution    16       +6      12: WIS
Intelligence    10       +6      16: WIS
Wisdom          20       +6      20: WIS
Charisma         8       +6      24: WIS
                                 28: WIS

1        : Point Blank Shot
3        : Completionist
3 Fighter: Precise Shot
6        : Rapid Shot
9        : Empower Healing Spell
12        : Improved Critical: Ranged
15        : Improved Precise Shot
18        : Precision

War Soul (32 AP)
    • Smite Foe: Ranged
         1. Toughness III, Righteous Weapons, Sacred Touch III
         2. Smite Weakness, Wall of Steel III, Righteous Weapons
         3. Radiant Flourish: Ranged III, Righteous Weapons, Wisdom
         4. Ameliorating Strike, Righteous Weapons, Holy Striker: Doubleshot III, Wisdom

I plan on spending 41 pts into Inquisitive, but I'm still playing around with the usefulness of the diplomacy proc stuff while I finish the last of ranger lives. Anyone had good experiences with the Diplomacy enhancements?

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Favored Soul Inquisitive Build
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Did it, loved it.

I did not do a Fighter level as I wanted Implosion.  Since you are wis based it's a gear swap away from being useful.

Had barely anything in WarSoul and instead had most extras in Falconer.  Borderline no fail helpless dmg at range (birdstrikes), Killer Instinct and extra helpless dmg too good to pass up.  Can use the 4 points you save for wis hit/dmg for 5%hp and run boost.  Oh don't forget you get 50% fort shred from tier 4 Falconer.  This is too good to pass up IMO.  This alone brings about as much dps to a raid as a bard does.

Damage was quite high and leveled in heroics quite well.  A A- character in heroics and B+ in epics.

Regarding diplomacy stuff yes I found it quite useful.  Hit Ask Questions First and then have the auto diplo stuff on and you get 10 stacking dodge for a minute. Not to mention the 10prr/10ac that is pretty much permanent and the armor piercing.

Combine uncanny dodge with the 10 dodge from Ask Questions and you can get a pretty nice 60 stacking dodge.  For this reason I went robes and had a base 27 dodge taking me up to 87 when my clickies were active.  This allows you to stand still once you've drawn agro and not have to kite around while melee dps gets pissed at you.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2019 at 3:21pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint