Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Not sure how long i'm staying but... (Read 3953 times)
Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Not sure how long i'm staying but...
May 1st, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Lets see the most painless way to obtain the following:

36 Racial Lives (Likely Warlocks, cuz why not right?)

Artificer - 2 Lives required
Barbarian - 2 Lives required
Bard - 2 Lives required
Cleric - 3 Lives required
Druid - 3 Lives required
Favored Soul - 3 Lives required
Fighter - 1 Lives required
Monk - 0 Lives required - Will be final build though, cuz going back to star tossing
Paladin - 2 Lives required
Ranger - 2 Lives required
Rogue - 2 Lives required
Sorcerer - 2 Lives required
Warlock - 3 Lives required - Just finished the first of three
Wizard - 3 Lives required

Total of 30 lives required there.

As Iconics do not have a thing for doing them all, that I know of, just knocking out the beneficial ones instead of all of them.

Sun Elf - This nets 3 cleric lives as well as 3 Iconics in one go, the passive 9 heal power is questionable of worth it. Might be better just doing 0-20 for clerics? Thats why I come here for yalls wisdom! ^-^

Purple Dragon - For sure one with primary of Fighter, just to net the last fighter life. All three for the PRR passive, last two as?

Shadar Kai - 2 as Rogue Primary splits, last one as.. uh.. *shrug*

Deep Gnome - This is where I shall pick up my Wizard Lives.

Scourge - Grab 2 rangers here, last one as? Resistance to being fingered is always a bonus

Scoundrel - Dont have access to it yet, but will need 3 of these down the line.

Can knock out some ETRs with the Iconics as well, though not sure if it will be painless on them to grind that 8m from 20 to 30 twice or not.

Which builds should I go with that mostly utilize the same gear set up for the least amount of TR Cache being emptied XD

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Not sure how long i'm staying but...
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2019 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
If you don't have plans to play long term, what is the point in getting those lives?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2019 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on May 1st, 2019 at 4:12pm:
If you don't have plans to play long term, what is the point in getting those lives?

Eventually will have them all, this is like, the third time ive come back now. slowly widdling away at them before the insanity of repetitiveness drives me away once more.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
I might go a little tilo on you.

I have been having great luck banging out lives on a 2 clr 6 ranger rest whatever. I have been sharing the exact gear each time.

2 cleric along with cleric past lives and a decent charisma will allow the turning of undead all the way through heroics with some easily crafted or obtained gear. This also gives you access to divine might and the str domain for an extra couple str.

6 ranger gets you a few nice feats for free and access to the dance of death t5 enh. Gear up for high str con and Cha, grab a couple of night forge avenger blades with the knights training feat at level 6 and swing those bad boys till level 20.

Alternative way is adding soudburst via the third level of cleric and going wisdom based with the falconry tree. Instakill undead, sound burst the living and aoe twf dps your way to victory. Only do this if you are going 1-20… DC's in epics will not work.

Cherry pick undead heavy quests and watch everything melt.

Most caster lives I recommend staying pure. Sorc is easy to level as is warlock, they can share the same gear.

Cleric and fvs and druid caster share the same gear, or use Cha gear from sorc/warlock on fvs as well.

Arti and rog lives can be leveled up as ranged crossbow builds using the same gear, I recommend at least 4 arti for fusilade, int based is a good option here.

Making the iconics work is a little more tricky, as you need lots of heroic lives I would get what you need to make iconics do double duty as much as possible. Without +1 hearts of wood I would do the following in your situation. I would also get these done before you go back to just heroic 1-20 as the iconic stance/passive will help.

3 morninglord as pure cleric. This nets the three cleric past lives for the heroic turning. Ride the coattails of R1 epic saga groups to level this up. They always welcome a healer.

Shadar Kai I would play these as the great xbow build with primary rog or primary arti depending on what you want.

Deep gnome wiz, I wish you luck. If you have the gear thease can be great, if you don't, ek isn't so bad anymore.

Scourge: 2 ranger is probably one of the worst passive past lives but a look through the my shitty tempest thread will tell you have powerful these bad boys are right now. I would have fun with these. get some nice mace's and run them str or Wis based great self healing and great dps. Last one run as a ranger 6 pally 14. Those heal amp lives are great

3 pdk. I might pick up my druid lives here via sylvanus wolf 8/6/6 If you don't like playing casters an have a drow maul. That or fighter lives via 2 cleric 6 ranger 12 fighter. Oathblades are amazing at level 20

Scoundrel does not seem like an appealing iconic life to me but bards are in a good spot for leveling, they can dps fine and self heals and splash well into many things. Seen lots of 1 bard 19 warlocks just to get them over and done with. Maybe save a warlock life for when you are done with your third bard. 12 bard 6 fighter 2 rog with hadaxes is a fun build too.

Hope you got some ideas

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2019 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
1st lifer for the win!

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 1st, 2019 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Racials: 20 Sorcerer, start as fire.  At 12 I swap to electric because I'm addicted to wings, and use ice as a secondary tree.  IMO it's a better option than warlock which I ran for several lives.

I wouldn't prioritize heroics over racials.  If you're going to do them at all, then pair them with an iconic PL.  You can do 10 heroic PL/9 rogue/1 iconic class Inquisitive as a template which also allows you to grab trap bonuses.  Farm a Ratcatcher from Threnal.  It's the only xbow you'll need from 14-30.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #6 - May 1st, 2019 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on May 1st, 2019 at 8:54pm:
Racials: 20 Sorcerer, start as fire.  At 12 I swap to electric because I'm addicted to wings, and use ice as a secondary tree.  IMO it's a better option than warlock which I ran for several lives.

I wouldn't prioritize heroics over racials.  If you're going to do them at all, then pair them with an iconic PL.  You can do 10 heroic PL/9 rogue/1 iconic class Inquisitive as a template which also allows you to grab trap bonuses.  Farm a Ratcatcher from Threnal.  It's the only xbow you'll need from 14-30.

I dont have Inquisitive yet, but I should probably just buy the pack, ive apparently bought all the other fan ones.. XD

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2019 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
this is the stupid shit that gets you "why they kill alts" threads. You don't need all those lives especially if you're going to wind up a thrower. Your only real bang for the buck is getting maybe completionist since you're close ish, racials if you really want to get the most out of your TRing. most of the class past lives aren't going to help your build at fuck all, so unless you just hate yourself or have alot of time i wouldn't bother, same with the iconics outside of maybe pdk. ETRS get all your divine and primal, then unless you're severely starved for fate points hang it up.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #8 - May 1st, 2019 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
this is the stupid shit that gets you "why they kill alts" threads. You don't need all those lives especially if you're going to wind up a thrower. Your only real bang for the buck is getting maybe completionist since you're close ish, racials if you really want to get the most out of your TRing. most of the class past lives aren't going to help your build at fuck all, so unless you just hate yourself or have alot of time i wouldn't bother, same with the iconics outside of maybe pdk. ETRS get all your divine and primal, then unless you're severely starved for fate points hang it up.

Yeah, I plan to mostly knock out the ones I "Need" for throwing, and see how I feel after that, which means the Dex, Con, and Wis racials. From there, not sure really. Iconics are a nice lil boost of 9s, but that 9 doesnt really add up to much in the large scheme of things once you have 80 (the arbitrary number is arbitrary) of something.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 1st, 2019 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
I like Sharad Kai iconic for "I fucked up and pulled more than I can handle" moments on low reaper, but I'm a shitty player who pulls more than I can handle sometimes on low reaper...

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 2nd, 2019 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Wont do it again..

Im on last scoundrel thiefling. After that im ultimate completionist again. All i need are some reaper points... rank 68 immo  Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 2nd, 2019 at 7:57am
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on May 1st, 2019 at 5:13pm:
I might go a little tilo on you.

If you're going to go a little Tilo then you have to make up your own advanced, cherry picked metric. And then use its niche application as the basis for why your build is the best at whatever the fuck scenario Tilo imagines his builds work in.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - May 2nd, 2019 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 7:57am:
If you're going to go a little Tilo then you have to make up your own advanced, cherry picked metric. And then use its niche application as the basis for why your build is the best at whatever the fuck scenario Tilo imagines his builds work in. 

Heh, I saw this couple days ago.
Ultimate allpletionist build in action : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ews5hs49Ybc&t=455s
I know fuckall about Cannith but seems to be "let's invite someone so bad for comical effect" case.

Vaultaccount wrote on May 1st, 2019 at 4:12pm:

You just described 99% of playerbase. Obsessive compulsive hamster wheel.

« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2019 at 1:38pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #13 - May 2nd, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 1st, 2019 at 3:40pm:
Lets see the most painless way to obtain the following:

36 Racial Lives (Likely Warlocks, cuz why not right?)

Sorcerer

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #14 - May 2nd, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Sorcerer

Any prefered savant in your opinion? I used to favor Air+ ice as secondary but havent played sorc in years

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - May 2nd, 2019 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Air+Water+Wave+Thrummingspark

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #16 - May 2nd, 2019 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 3:09pm:

Nice thing about the gear I just farmed up, it works for both Warlock and Sorcerer, so will likely bounce between the two when I get sick of tentacles. Any special gear I should be looking out for other than the super boost belts at 10? Here is current breakdown once 10 hits, and thereafter with the cannith crafted altering every 5 levels:

Level 10 Setup - Adherent Set
Goggles: (ML 10) Necromancy Focus 3, Insightful Necromancy 2, Insightful Penetration 2
Head: 
Necklace: (ML 10) Reflective Bloodstone - Illusion Focus 3, Insightful Illusion 2, Spell Penetration 3, Magical Sheltering 14, Blue Slot - Adherent of Mist
Trinket: (ML 10) Radiance 77, Insightful Radiance 38, Healing Amp 22
Cloak: (ML 10) Silverthread Cloak - Wisdom 6, Insightful Evocation 2, Fortification 77, Physical Sheltering 14, Yellow Slot  - Adherent of Mist
Belt: (ML 10) Burnscar Sash - Enhanced Corrosion/Combustion 77, Acid/Fire Lore 11, Green Slot - Beacon of Magic
Ring 1: (ML 10) Charisma 6, Insightful Charisma 2, False Life 21
Gloves: (ML 10) Gauntlets of Innate Arcanum - Charisma 6, Evocation Focus 3, Quality Charisma 1, Wizardry 112, Yellow Slot - Adherent of Mist
Boots: (ML 10) Flightfoot Greaves - Freedom of Movement, Speed 15, Natural Armor 6, Reflex Save 5, Yellow Slot  - Adherent of Mist
Ring 2: (ML 10) Constitution 6, Insightful Constitution 2, Protection 5
Bracers: (ML 10) Resistance 5, Spellsight 12, Insightful Spellsight 6
Chest: (ML 10) Barovian Regalia - Exceptional Spell Lore 3, Exceptional USP 8, Fortification 77, Shield 6, Green Slot - Beacon of Magic
Weapon 1: {ML 10) Corrosion 77, Insightful Corrosion 38, Insightful Balance 6
Weapon 2: (ML 10) The Mistfallen - +5 Orb Bonus to Saves/Resistances, Insightful Mystic Diversion 4, Insightful Spell Focus 1, Efficient Meta Empower 2, Illusory Death 1, Purple Slot - Adherent of Mist

The Adherent of the Mists - 5 Profane PRR, 10 Profane Healing Amp, 5 Profane MP/RP, 10 Profane SP

Helm is currently planned for Greensteel hp, but can be anything. Naturally replace Corrosion/Light with w/e two spell powers the build demands, this setup is simply for GooLock with Utterdark stance for evil orbs.

Necromancy for, well, fingers/wails. Illusion for PKs, and Evocation for blasts. Think that covers both classes without need for more?
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2019 at 4:09pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #17 - May 2nd, 2019 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 3:09pm:

Yes, that and other Ravenloft gear. I just put that stuff on at 10 and don't bother changing anything until reincarnation.

Might be better off going other savants before that though, but it still works fine 1-10.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #18 - May 2nd, 2019 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 5:53pm:
Might be better off going other savants before that though, but it still works fine 1-10.

Will most definately be going Fire Savant until 10, cuz Necro 2... fuck those shadows with a firewall n stuff.. XD after that, will swap to another.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 2nd, 2019 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 11:49am:
Heh, I saw this couple days ago.
Ultimate allpletionist build in action : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ews5hs49Ybc&t=455s
I know fuckall about Cannith but seems to be "let's invite someone so bad for comical effect" case.

Ahaha. I feel bad that you had to witness the full glory of Tilo in action.

That is exactly what Tilo does. Tells people how his build is the best and goes around invading every thread to tell you how op it is. And then you see him in a high skull pug and he can't contribute a fucking thing. It isn't due to a lack of gear, or character power, he has most, if not every relevant past life and reaper wings.

It's not even the low amount of kills, because the group in that vid is ridiculous and most players won't be matching them, but what you're seeing there is Tilo's entire contribution to a quest. He does that every time in high skulls, no matter what build he is on.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #20 - May 2nd, 2019 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 9:09pm:
Ahaha. I feel bad that you had to witness the full glory of Tilo in action.

That is exactly what Tilo does. Tells people how his build is the best and goes around invading every thread to tell you how op it is. And then you see him in a high skull pug and he can't contribute a fucking thing. It isn't due to a lack of gear, or character power, he has most, if not every relevant past life and reaper wings.

It's not even the low amount of kills, because the group in that vid is ridiculous and most players won't be matching them, but what you're seeing there is Tilo's entire contribution to a quest. He does that every time in high skulls, no matter what build he is on.

Speaking of, I needs a break down of those triple+ digit stars.. not even breaking doubles on my gimp XD

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #21 - May 3rd, 2019 at 12:04am
Print Post  
So, collectable farming sucks... I hate this. Only like, 200 more Mortar to go before I try and find Femurs... Yay? Cheesy

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 3rd, 2019 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 12:04am:
So, collectable farming sucks... I hate this. Only like, 200 more Mortar to go before I try and find Femurs... Yay? Cheesy

Agreed. Really sucks.

I wonder if there’s a better way haha

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #23 - May 3rd, 2019 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 9:24am:
Agreed. Really sucks.

I wonder if there’s a better way haha

There is, find somone who has a bunch through various methods, and take them! Cheesy

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - May 3rd, 2019 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 10:53am:
There is, find somone who has a bunch through various methods, and take them! Cheesy

I was gonna say this one.   Announce what server you are on.  I'm sure someone can hook you up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint