Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Broken Enhancement Trees (Read 1360 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Broken Enhancement Trees
May 12th, 2019 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Has anyone ever encountered this?

I stepped into LShroud on R1 last night and hung REALLY bad for a good 45 seconds. When it cleared I saw the little "you are not proficient" icon was active. Ima  Lock, Enlightened Tiefling with Vistany... Its effective and I like it.

Unfortunately every one of my enhancement trees were broken and not giving anything. Suddenly wasnt proficient with my armor, so was failing most of my casts. all my MRR and PRR from Enlightened gone, my Vistani for my daggers gone.. none of my Tiefling enhancements were working... I was well and truly fucked.

Nothing I did could fix it, and I started dying left and right.

I kept getting raises, but instead of resurrection they were using raise dead, so I got to spend the next 3 minutes trying to heal back up (reaper 1). 

But as soon as I was alive, the spinning blades would descend on me en-mass.. it was fucking nuts. Not only that but one of the Caster mobs was following me around, hitting me for 800-900 per cast, forcing me to start all over again. It was fucking exhausting...

After I died for like the 10th time 5 minutes in, all my gear was starting to break and I was too fucking tired to fight with this shit. I couldn't get my enhancements back, couldn't stay alive, and wasn't contributing so I dropped and dragged my exhausted ass to bed.

Today I logged in and still couldn't fix my trees, so I wiped them and redid the points. Everything seems ok now.. but have no clue what caused it.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2019 at 9:25pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Broken Enhancement Trees
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2019 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
REKT

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2019 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 9:25pm:
Has anyone ever encountered this?

...Its effective and I like it.

No, I have never seen an effective melee warlock.

Unfortunately every one of my enhancement trees were broken and not giving anything. Suddenly wasnt proficient with my armor, so was failing most of my casts. all my MRR and PRR from Enlightened gone, my Vistani for my daggers gone.. none of my Tiefling enhancements were working... I was well and truly fucked.

Nothing I did could fix it, and I started dying left and right.

Sounds like your toon got out of sync with the server.  A simple relog, as you discovered later, would likely have fixed it right then.

I kept getting raises, but instead of resurrection they were using raise dead, so I got to spend the next 3 minutes trying to heal back up (reaper 1). 

But as soon as I was alive, the spinning blades would descend on me en-mass.. it was fucking nuts. Not only that but one of the Caster mobs was following me around, hitting me for 800-900 per cast, forcing me to start all over again. It was fucking exhausting...

After I died for like the 10th time 5 minutes in, all my gear was starting to break and I was too fucking tired to fight with this shit. I couldn't get my enhancements back, couldn't stay alive, and wasn't contributing so I dropped and dragged my exhausted ass to bed.

Today I logged in and still couldn't fix my trees, so I wiped them and redid the points. Everything seems ok now.. but have no clue what caused it.

It takes you 3 minutes to heal to full from a raise dead in R1?  Are you certain that your build is effective?  Did you ask your party members for heals before spending three minutes ineffectively healing yourself?

You didn't cancel the Raise Dead and ask for a proper res?  You continued to go through the cycle 10 times without changing anything and expected the outcome to magically improve while the death penalties increased and your gear broke?

Everything seems ok now.. but have no clue what caused it.

Even SSG knows a melee DPS warlock is an abomination and is trying to give you a hint?

Sarcasm aside, it seems like you encountered a fairly simple bug that would have been fixed by a relog and proceeded to compound it by your actions afterwards.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2019 at 1:57pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 1:54pm:
Sarcasm aside, it seems like you encountered a fairly simple bug that would have been fixed by a relog and proceeded to compound it by your actions afterwards.

Except it didn't... as I stated above I logged in the next day and it was still actively happening. It was only fixed till after I cleared my enhancement trees and re-assigned the points.

Also, you may have missed the point that dying and then raising wasn't freeing me of the agro I had, the Dancing Blade clouds just sat and waited for me, as did the caster mobs..

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2019 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 3:54pm:
Except it didn't... as I stated above I logged in the next day and it was still actively happening. It was only fixed till after I cleared my enhancement trees and re-assigned the points.

Also, you may have missed the point that dying and then raising wasn't freeing me of the agro I had, the Dancing Blade clouds just sat and waited for me, as did the caster mobs..

I missed that it took a reset of the trees to fix.   My mistake on that.  That sucks but given SSG's recent history, you should consider yourself lucky that all it took was a reset of the trees and that your gear wasn't deleted along with your ability and skill tomes and past lives

Which phase of Shroud are you talking about?  The first part?  Blades have always done weird things in regards to who they chase. There are plenty of places to stand that are safe from the blades though.  I'd have run to one of those before accepting the res. 

I players do this sort of thing all the time.  They get a res and accept it while standing in a trap, AoE, or a pack of mobs and die again.  The best is when they die to a trap and take the res on the wrong side of the trap that just killed them rather than running past it and ressing on the other side.

Regarding the caster mobs aggro, were the other people in the raid attacking them when you ressed and they just nuked you anyway?  I suppose it's possible their aggro was stuck on you even if you were dead, but that seems unlikely. 

I'm pretty sure that if mobs were ignoring the live players beating on them and staying aggro'd on your ghost for an extended period, the party would have told you to dead tank those mobs like a pro.

« Last Edit: May 13th, 2019 at 5:17pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2019 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
I missed that it took a reset of the trees to fix.   My mistake on that.  That sucks but given SSG's recent history, you should consider yourself lucky that all it took was a reset of the trees and that your gear wasn't deleted along with your ability and skill tomes and past lives

Which phase of Shroud are you talking about?  The first part?  Blades have always done weird things in regards to who they chase. There are plenty of places to stand that are safe from the blades though.  I'd have run to one of those before accepting the res. 

I players do this sort of thing all the time.  They get a res and accept it while standing in a trap, AoE, or a pack of mobs and die again.  The best is when they die to a trap and take the res on the wrong side of the trap that just killed them rather than running past it and ressing on the other side.

Regarding the caster mobs aggro, were the other people in the raid attacking them when you ressed and they just nuked you anyway?  I suppose it's possible their aggro was stuck on you even if you were dead, but that seems unlikely. 

I'm pretty sure that if mobs were ignoring the live players beating on them and staying aggro'd on your ghost for an extended period, the party would have told you to dead tank those mobs like a pro.

Was all kind of hectic.. was in the very 1st stage, and I was trying to find ANY way to fix my problem that didn't include leaving the quest as I would be locked out.

I was SO damn tired i just kinda stopped giving a shit as to why it was happening and just turned off my computer and crawled into bed.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #6 - May 14th, 2019 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
I figured this thread was about the trees being so buggy you can spend points in universal enhancements you've not bought.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint