Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Sharn gear locations (Read 15197 times)
Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Re: Sharn gear locations
Reply #25 - May 16th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
From Lynn post today:

Hey, all! We've been reading your feedback pretty avidly, I've got a small update for you to keep you guys in the loop. Next patch (currently targeting next week, but things can always change!), you can expect the following changes:

Each end chest in Sharn will have a small chance to drop one of the Minor Artifacts available in the Masterminds of Sharn Expansion Pack. This is an independent chance than your chance to find Named Loot, but will still be affected by Ransack penalties. The Saga will continue to have a chance to drop 3 Artifacts, but it will randomly determine which three are available (this is done via 3 independent rolls, so it may show you more than one of the same Artifact, but it will always show three total).

Hope you guys have a wonderful Thursday, and thanks for your feedback

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/505627-Minor-Artifacts-Query?p=6212832...

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - May 16th, 2019 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
She either thought that having the cloak be the only endgame doublestrike item is a "hard choice". or she cant fucking gear and forgot that the only other doublestrike item is a fucking cloak.

Occam and Hanlon would both like to have a word with you.

IP Logged

Makk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 16th, 2019 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 11:55am:
Has anyone seen the Soldier's Outfit drop? Where?

A Sharn Welcome

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 16th, 2019 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 2:03pm:
Occam and Hanlon would both like to have a word with you.

It is done intentionally. The old bis doublestrike item belonged to the adherent set, and they were so good that the only way to beat that set and its items is to make it that the armor slot takes out the other DPS set bonus, and use up the doublestrike item slot to challenge the other.

The doublestrike issue is huge at this time. There is only one cloak now. GG all cloaks in game for 95% of melee builds. The glove slot is not contested by anything because they dictate the set bonus Lyn-ch pins ( see what did there ). There are roughly around 3 thousand gloves in this expansion, and 20 sets. Like, it really should have been a glove swap fiesta flying around. Instead they're anchors now. Like the cloak and the armor. It is not a set bonus problem because they had enough items made to where they could have made more set bonus items for the same slots.

The devs have simply removed some bis items for others. Sharn could have been the chance to make it so that one item in every slot could be rivaled. In its wide scope of an immense amount of items and set bonuses, it failed to deliver.

Where this failed was, if it were to be drafted into a cohesive set up for each individual build archetype, and its damage stat variants, it would become easier to see where the items and their sets fall short, and which ones will never see the light of day, ever.   

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - May 16th, 2019 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 2:49pm:
Oh, and an alleyway. They gave me an alleyway. Am super at home in those, at least, I guess...

Gunga wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 11:42pm:
Scavenger Hunt: Garbage Can Lid

BIS.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #30 - May 16th, 2019 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
A big fuck you to Worker Drone Actuators!

Grands Superhero IRL

EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - May 17th, 2019 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 3:03pm:
It is done intentionally. The old bis doublestrike item belonged to the adherent set, and they were so good that the only way to beat that set and its items is to make it that the armor slot takes out the other DPS set bonus, and use up the doublestrike item slot to challenge the other.

The doublestrike issue is huge at this time. There is only one cloak now. GG all cloaks in game for 95% of melee builds. The glove slot is not contested by anything because they dictate the set bonus Lyn-ch pins ( see what did there ). There are roughly around 3 thousand gloves in this expansion, and 20 sets. Like, it really should have been a glove swap fiesta flying around. Instead they're anchors now. Like the cloak and the armor. It is not a set bonus problem because they had enough items made to where they could have made more set bonus items for the same slots.

The devs have simply removed some bis items for others. Sharn could have been the chance to make it so that one item in every slot could be rivaled. In its wide scope of an immense amount of items and set bonuses, it failed to deliver.

Where this failed was, if it were to be drafted into a cohesive set up for each individual build archetype, and its damage stat variants, it would become easier to see where the items and their sets fall short, and which ones will never see the light of day, ever.   

You could be correct about it being intentional. 

If so, Occam's and Hanlon's still apply because what she fails to realize in her ignorance is, the *harder* she makes the choices for the new crap, the more appealing it makes the option of staying with the RL sets. 

Essentially, she's devaluing her own work by making the compromises on slots and effects too costly.

I'm still not convinced though.   I've seen her gameplay videos and she's only a half step above Cordoboob.  It has to be challenging to design useful gear when that's the level of understanding you have of the gameplay.  Then when you factor in the feedback from the dipshits on the mobos, she's at a significant disadvantage before she ever starts.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2019 at 12:13am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 17th, 2019 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 17th, 2019 at 12:08am:
It has to be challenging to design useful gear when that's the level of understanding you have of the gameplay.  Then when you factor in the feedback from the dipshits on the mobos, she's at a significant disadvantage before she ever starts

I think what needed to be done was to put on multiple set bonus flags on one item, the gloves should have been interchangeable for many sets. Same for the armors and necks. Let it run wild. And maybe allow artifacts to have a crafting upgrade to count for any 1 item in any set bonus in the game.

What we have know is a clusterfuck that is going to need multiple doublestrike items on different slots that are not already occupied by family set, and not the cloak slot. And we need another few for insightful doublestrike that is not on the family set or bracers.

Ranged is perfect. You can tell what builds the devs play because the loot fits amazingly well with minor overlap and covers a wide variety of offenses and defenses. Someone must love crossbows and artys

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - May 17th, 2019 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Looks like the Masterminds saga quests drop six items each, which means there's a handful of items left that are still missing.  If we assume Cogs quests drop three items each, then all the items from the Cogs have been identified.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2019 at 7:54am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #34 - May 18th, 2019 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
Yep, so she managed to make Packbanner not best in slot, but she now placed that same bis gear failure on the ravenloft cloak. She either thought that having the cloak be the only endgame doublestrike item is a "hard choice". or she cant fucking gear and forgot that the only other doublestrike item is a fucking cloak.

GJ, Lyn. You exchanged the bracers from taking us hostage to the cloak taking us hostage.

"IT'S MA'AM, IT IS MA'AM!"

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2019 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Its been a few days now and I can safely say Sharn isn't/wasn't worth $40
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2019 at 5:40am by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #36 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:36am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 9:13pm:
WHO'S MY SOCK!?!?!!

I don't wear socks.  I'm on the beach.  Posting from the poolside bar at the hotel.  #Gambler.

SHIT!  Wrong account.  Ignore that.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 5:40am:
Its been a few days now and I can safely say Sharn isn't/wasn't worth $40

I disagree.  It may not be as good as Ravenloft, but it isn't on the level of Shadowfail.

Aside from Just Business, the quests are short.  The first time reaper XP is about on par with Ravenloft, and two 276k/+3 tome sagas for 17 quests is way better than other sagas.  The first raid is also short: You're done or you're dead in about 12 minutes and is a welcomed change from Strahd or Baba in that regard.  I wiped a bunch on the raid. Assuming the upcoming patch addresses how overtuned it is (pugs will fail on LN as is), it's something else to add to the raid rotations.

Itemization for ranged and DC casters is great, and I'd rather ransack Sharn than farm another Slavers ingredient.  As a melee, I'll continue to bitch and gnash my teeth about being held hostage to the DStrike on the Mantle of the Fury though.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #38 - May 20th, 2019 at 11:26am
Print Post  
I pulled a +5 skill tome from the end chest in Sharn Welcome.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #39 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 10:36am:
I don't wear socks.  I'm on the beach.  Posting from the poolside bar at the hotel.  #Gambler.

SHIT!  Wrong account.  Ignore that.

That was funny!!!  Grin What happened with KNN?  Huh

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 10:48am:
As a melee, I'll continue to bitch and gnash my teeth about being held hostage to the DStrike on the Mantle of the Fury though.

Issues aren't only for melees.

If you need more reasons to gnash teeth, then consider that every single gear set that anyone can draft for ranged and melee will all have at least the following overlapping abilities, sometimes more than twice :

Dodge
Accuracy
Deadly
Physical Sheltering
Stunning

Is Distant Diversion really on two items of the Ranged DPS set?

Loot is trash right now. There are no hard choices, just shitty overlapping abilities and too little variety in items for Doublestrike and Insightful Doublestrike. Too few in variety and quantity for Ghostly and Resistance.

Path of Exile manages to overlap less and they have approximately 1 million more items than ddo.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #41 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
This gear puzzle is giving me a tumor.

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #42 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
It looks like they added Ghostly to the Ruby Ring (and dropped ins phys sheltering.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #43 - May 20th, 2019 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:56pm:
Issues aren't only for melees.

If you need more reasons to gnash teeth, then consider that every single gear set that anyone can draft for ranged and melee will all have at least the following overlapping abilities, sometimes more than twice :

Dodge
Accuracy
Deadly
Physical Sheltering
Stunning

Is Distant Diversion really on two items of the Ranged DPS set?

Loot is trash right now. There are no hard choices, just shitty overlapping abilities and too little variety in items for Doublestrike and Insightful Doublestrike. Too few in variety and quantity for Ghostly and Resistance.

Path of Exile manages to overlap less and they have approximately 1 million more items than ddo.

Yeah the idiocy of the loot tetris with multiple effect redundancies and gaps is making it really hard for me to give any fucks about 90% of the loot in Sharn.  At this point, I'm leaning towards just swapping in an artifact on a non-essential slot for the extra three filigree and calling it done rather than have to completely rework my entire gear set of mythic+reaper bonus RL gear for an extra 5% or something stupid.

Oddly, one thing they got correct with itemization is that it seems to be mostly minimal power creep, at least for melee.  Seems like casters and ranged might have gotten slightly more power creep or at least more convenient gearing options than melee but given the gravy train melee have had with RL gear, even that's not bad.

The problem is, minimal powercreep in the new gear means that a full set of RL gear is still good enough.  Since RL gear isn't completely obsoleted by raw power creep on the Sharn gear, Sharn itemization needs to add value in other ways, which it seems to do only marginally.

At this point, I think SSG/Lynn are victims of their own intentional, but needless complexity.  They've completely lost sight of the KISS principle when designing stuff.

They've made which effects go on which slots and which possible combination of effects can be had with a gear set so random and inconsistent, they can't even design full gearsets for various build archetypes that give a comprehensive set of the essential effects.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2019 at 2:22pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #44 - May 20th, 2019 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:56pm:

That's a rough comparison for any game though.  PoE is pretty brilliant in all kinds of ways, gameplay or not (ever file a bug?  That's how you do it).

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #45 - May 20th, 2019 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
I disagree.  It may not be as good as Ravenloft, but it isn't on the level of Shadowfail.

Aside from Just Business, the quests are short.  The first time reaper XP is about on par with Ravenloft, and two 276k/+3 tome sagas for 17 quests is way better than other sagas.  The first raid is also short: You're done or you're dead in about 12 minutes and is a welcomed change from Strahd or Baba in that regard.  I wiped a bunch on the raid. Assuming the upcoming patch addresses how overtuned it is (pugs will fail on LN as is), it's something else to add to the raid rotations.

Itemization for ranged and DC casters is great, and I'd rather ransack Sharn than farm another Slavers ingredient.  As a melee, I'll continue to bitch and gnash my teeth about being held hostage to the DStrike on the Mantle of the Fury though.

+.8

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #46 - May 21st, 2019 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Anyone find named loot in side chests?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - May 21st, 2019 at 3:56pm
Print Post  

Well I thought ravenloft was terrible value too so no arguments that it’s nearly as good as ravenloft. You guys can continue to be happy at being overcharged for mediocre content but I like to think they could do better.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #48 - May 21st, 2019 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 3:56pm:
Well I thought ravenloft was terrible value too so no arguments that it’s nearly as good as ravenloft. You guys can continue to be happy at being overcharged for mediocre content but I like to think they could do better.

Ravenloft was a great expansion for SSG, your opinion is invalid.

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #49 - May 21st, 2019 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 4:26pm:
Justanotherlurker wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 3:56pm:

Ravenloft was a great expansion for SSG, your opinion is invalid.

Absolutely.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint