Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How useful are the teleport to xpac/other items (Read 1174 times)
Tene
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

How useful are the teleport to xpac/other items
May 15th, 2019 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
For example, I really like the teleport to evening star key, cause it lets me skip quest chains when I don't feel like doing them, but since I don't have the two new xpacs yet, I have no idea how useful those items are.

Guessing the hirelings are just bank space fodder, and no clue on how much of a pain it is to unlock the enhancement trees/racial ap tome/universal ap tome
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2019 at 3:57pm by Tene »  

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: How useful are the teleport to xpac/other items
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2019 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I haven't had a chance to check the new transport clickie, but the mist bottle from RL is amazingly useful. Neither that nor the Sharn one have the 30min cool down, only 1 minute.  It takes you to house J, until you start the chain, but after that it's just 2 steps from anywhere to your guild ship as there is a guildship option from the tavern.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2019 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
They are all very useful.  Just having one is the most marginal use and then adding more is just for convenience.

I find the d12 from the anniversary event to be the most useful as it takes you right to the market which is useful all the way from 1 to 30.

Heads up-  The do not get interrupted with damage.  This is big time in some quests.  Delera's part 1?  Just hit the die and head to the market even if surrounded by 20 ghostly skeletons.  Stealthy Reposession level 2 in harbor?  Kill 10 mobs, sprint to end, take your free Reaper xp then port out while 10 kobold prophets beat on you, et cetera.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2019 at 4:59pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2019 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
Stealthy Reposession

You can't run that in reaper when you're 28 levels over, sadly.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
Heads up-  The do not get interrupted with damage.  This is big time in some quests.  Delera's part 1?  Just hit the die and head to the market even if surrounded by 20 ghostly skeletons.  Stealthy Reposession level 2 in harbor?  Kill 10 mobs, sprint to end, take your free Reaper xp then port out while 10 kobold prophets beat on you, et cetera.

Don't need that to get out of quests instantly  Wink

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #5 - May 16th, 2019 at 2:15am
Print Post  
The teleport item for Sharn is quite useless, IMHO, as you might as well use the option to teleport from the ship.

Still, I don't have to go from bottom cargo room to the top and run to the farshifter... so I guess it saves at least a couple of seconds. Wink

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2019 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 2:15am:
The teleport item for Sharn is quite useless, IMHO, as you might as well use the option to teleport from the ship.

Still, I don't have to go from bottom cargo room to the top and run to the farshifter... so I guess it saves at least a couple of seconds. Wink

Yeah, I didn't realize Sharn is on the guildship list.  Lynabell said that they were going to add some additional functionality to the sharn clickie, like direct porting to your guild ship...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint