Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A few sense weakness questions (Read 1770 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

A few sense weakness questions
Jul 24th, 2019 at 10:28am
Print Post  
If I'm in Fotw I obviously use sense weakness since it's there (and with the up coming changes I may be using it more), but normally I'm in LD and I don't usually twist sense weakness.

I may be way off base with this but in EE and lower reaper I have 0 difficulty with trash mobs.  My builds are usually designed to destroy mobs and I get as much AOE and knockdown in there as I can.  I honestly can destroy a mob quicker than I can a single target.

Mid reaper it seems to me a moot point.  Yeah the mobs are being held and yeah, sense weakness would do some extra damage...if the fucking mobs lasted more than a second.  More often than not the casters who hold mobs can destroy them just as quickly.

So sense weakness might be more for R8+ (and totally correct me if I'm wrong, that's why I'm asking), but my goal isn't upper reaper yet (eventually).

I normally twist Primal Scream, Wild and Malicious weapons because (and again, correct me if I'm missing something) my line of reasoning is I need to be bringing as much DPS as I can to the bosses, not the trash mobs - and with the exception of the occasional mini-bosses, the main bosses never get CCed where sense weakness would be worth it.

If there's a solid reason I should be using it that I'm overlooking and not factoring in, fill me in please.

Second question - do any of the bonuses to helpless victims work with casters?  As a caster I CC like crazy and would love to get that boost to my DPS.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: A few sense weakness questions
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2019 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Do wild and malicious weapons help much on bosses? Doesn't it just increase glancing blow damage? Malicious and wild ARE for trash mobs, no? Seems like all of those twists are primarily for trash, SW, Willd and Malicious. I guess it adds a little bit. If I was focused mostly on boss dps I might roll with grim precision (unless you're at 100% bypass already). Primal is solid, adds a little bit.

I like to twist SW on builds that have built in CC (like a tactics fighter with SB, trip, etc.) or when I know I will have good CC when grouping.

I don't tend to twist malicious or wild, and I do have several 2hf toons,  but that's because I like some defense with meld, heals with cocoon, gp and other stuff instead and don't have enough twists and or fate points for wild and malicious.

If you are just roflstomping trash then I think your plan is asolid to skip SW for the other ones though overall. SW doesn't really do jack for bosses.

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2019 at 12:11pm by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 3:46am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jul 24th, 2019 at 11:58am:
I might roll with grim precision

I'll be honest, I really haven't spent a ton of time in epics as a melee, so this is basically the type of suggestion I was looking for since I'm not as familiar with the melee destinies.  Looks solid and giving it a test run.  Thanks  Smiley

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 3:46am:
I'll be honest, I really haven't spent a ton of time in epics as a melee, so this is basically the type of suggestion I was looking for since I'm not as familiar with the melee destinies.  Looks solid and giving it a test run.  Thanks  Smiley

Another one you might look at ONLY  IF you are centered is A Dance of Flowers in  GOF (though I think they might be nerfing that one soon?). Adds some extra  +W. And only tier one, so cheap to get. I usually get this on any melee with T5 kensei that makes focus weapons centered.

My usual setup for melees running in LD is:
Grim Precision - all
Meld Into Darkness - All
Cocoon - All except raging barb (primal scream instead)
DWF - Anyone centered (which is anyone except raging barb usually. SW usually instead)

Others I use sometimes: Sense Weakness, Wild, Malicious

Obviously cocoon and meld dont incease DPS except to keep you alive so you can DPS.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:53am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 24th, 2019 at 10:28am:
So sense weakness might be more for R8+ (and totally correct me if I'm wrong, that's why I'm asking), but my goal isn't upper reaper yet (eventually).

You talk a lot of shit for being a shitter. You should just roll up Crippey's Merciless Bloodbath build and git gud.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Sense Weakness is worth it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 8:37am:
You talk a lot of shit for being a shitter. You should just roll up Crippey's Merciless Bloodbath build and git gud.

You got me.  I do talk a lot of shit about 'tards that just cut and paste the flavor of the month builds than pat each other on the asses and call themselves uber.

So, thanks for pointing me in the direction of a flavor of the month build as being an answer for tightening up my game Wink

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 4:08pm:
You got me.  I do talk a lot of shit about 'tards that just cut and paste the flavor of the month builds than pat each other on the asses and call themselves uber.

So, thanks for pointing me in the direction of a flavor of the month build as being an answer for tightening up my game Wink

Good luck upping your game to r5. We're rooting for you. And by rooting, we mean drilling your mom.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 5:37pm:
Good luck upping your game to r5.

Thank you Cheesy  I aim high, the goal is to not completely suck in R8 Wink

we mean drilling your mom.

Might want to wash the ash off when you're done.  It's not very sanitary.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 8:25am
Print Post  
1) if you are fine on lower skulls without sense weakness, ignore it. Its a solid dps boost (and gonna be almost musthave after update) but if you just 2-3 cleave all trash, you dont need it.

2) yes, everything with +helpless damage works on casters. You may roll horc warlock, wear sa set, run in ld and twist sense weakness to become king of r1 trash :-D the issue is most helpless bonuses on dps trees/eds

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Good luck upping your game to r5. We're rooting for you. And by rooting, we mean drilling your mom.

In a couple of weeks, we’ll be doing R5 either 3 levels I’ve (heroic) or 8 levels over (epic), so that won’t matter quite as much.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #11 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Yeah. It’s a shame. I’ve had the best time I’ve ever had in the game recently zerging R10s with other 90+ RP toons. Making end game easier for everyone is definitely going take the fun out of it for me, which is fine I guess because there are other great games launching this year. Might be time for another break.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint