Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New Permadeath server (Read 16787 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: New Permadeath server
Reply #75 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 2:53pm:
100% P2C

ftfy

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Is Daily Dice enabled on Lam?  If so, let the hilarity ensue for the Season Pass holders.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #77 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Season pass dice won't make that much of a difference.   Not over a 90 day span.   Sure you will get a free 300-350k regular XP.   But that's not going to help much with getting a PL, earning favor, or reaper AP.   The other stuff you get will be minor as well.   You might bag a +1 or +2 tome here or there.  maybe a +4 or +5 if you get a lucky roll.   Not more than 1 though.   Someone investing $20-30 worth of DDO Points in a high end supreme tome has a bigger advantage.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 4:53pm:
Season pass dice won't make that much of a difference.   Not over a 90 day span.   Sure you will get a free 300-350k regular XP.   But that's not going to help much with getting a PL, earning favor, or reaper AP.   The other stuff you get will be minor as well.   You might bag a +1 or +2 tome here or there.  maybe a +4 or +5 if you get a lucky roll.   Not more than 1 though.   Someone investing $20-30 worth of DDO Points in a high end supreme tome has a bigger advantage.

This whole server idea is going to end up bad for SSG.  People are going to buy these things and then at some point after they become over confident, the deaths are going to occur and the loss of tomes and other paid for improvements are going to sour a lot of people.  Of course, they will have no one else to blame but themselves, but they'll find a way to blame SSG.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #79 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 2:53pm:
Meh, full store is on Lama, tomes, etc...  No reason to do this unless you really want the cosmetics.  100% P2W.

WHALE WARS

GOLD ROLL TO 20 SO YOU CAN DIE ON THE LEADERBOARD

IMMORTALITY FOR THOSE WHO SPEND THE MOST MAHNUY

Tspoon wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:00pm:
This whole server idea is going to end up bad for SSG.  People are going to buy these things and then at some point after they become over confident, the deaths are going to occur and the loss of tomes and other paid for improvements are going to sour a lot of people.  Of course, they will have no one else to blame but themselves, but they'll find a way to blame SSG.

Man I totally fucking agree.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:26pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:27pm
Print Post  

1st day there WILL be at least one "I bought a supreme +8 tome and then fell and died in Misery's Peak and I want my money back" post.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
No one can slit the throat of a good idea as quickly as SSG

You can see that some people on the forum were actually interested in in it for the challenge, interested because they thought it would be difficult and an even playing field again.

SSG had some people excited again but couldnt manage not to fuck it up

This is so far over the greedy monetization line I wonder if everyone at SSG is on board with it? Surely there must be some devs who are watching their beloved D&D setting get turned into a mobile app and wonder why they bother

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:30pm by goldgolem »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #82 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:42pm
Print Post  

The characters that die aren't "lost'.  You just have to transfer them to one of the other servers to keep playing it.  But I get your point.  They will see it as "lost" because they acquired those resources to accomplish the goals/rewards of the league.

A lot of players with no permadeath experience, and/or players who have not run a 1st life toon with no twink gear in a long time, will have a bit of an adaptation/learning curve.   

Even players with a lot of PL's and reaper AP die due to lag, bad luck with champs or reapers, a failed save at the wrong time, etc.   Most players who run higher skulls kinda accept that it is gonna happen every so often.  They don't die every quest or anything, but they don't really play to not die.   They play the content the way that gets the best rewards/min and if they die due to an outlier event, so be it.  Outlier events are just a part of the game.  So don't sweat them.  They don't stop completion and death costs you nothing tangible besides a little ding to the ego.  (Losing 10% xp is not a huge cost, really)

Changing your play to actively mitigate the risk of outlier events is a different mindset.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:42pm:
Changing your play to actively mitigate the risk of outlier events is a different mindset.   

This is probably the most interesting aspect of the entire idea.  If I do this I won't be buying store stuff.  But there are going to be a lot of people that will buy tomes to overcome stat restrictions for int based ranged toons and the like, thinking they'll be fine.  When they die they'll realize they don't want or need another 1st life toon on their current server and that money they spent is gone...

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
There are servers that should be merged, the crappy used server machines they bought off ebay are maxed out and beyond capacity.  The fact that these twits are devoting time and resources to cause an even greater fracture to the server population is just beyond out of touch. 

I've never been much to troll in game, but this one will push me over the top.  There's so much broken in this game, so many half-assed things that are STILL waiting to be finished.  I can't wait to show people what a stupid idea this is.

Roll a cleric, forget to heal people at an important time.

Roll a bard with sprint boost, gather mobs, bring them back.

Roll a ranged toon, piss off everything in line-of-sight.

Make use of dispel magic and then grease.

Get banned, roll another f2p account. Rinse, repeat, then laugh as I read the bitch fest on the forums.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #85 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 8:52pm:
Get banned, roll another f2p account. Rinse, repeat, then laugh as I read the bitch fest on the forums.

FYI, Only ViP can access this.  It is going to cost you a 1 month sub for every troll account you want to burn.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:13pm:
FYI, Only ViP can access this.  It is going to cost you a 1 month sub for every troll account you want to burn.

lol, ok that's off the table then. There is nothing they can do at this point to get money out of me.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #87 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Personally, I would have gone with:

- The DDO Store has been disabled on this server.
- Daily Dice has been disabled on this server.
- Prepurchase stuff has been disabled on this server.
- Guild Buffs have been disabled on this server.
- All Scroll and Potion vendors have been disabled on this server.
- Resurrection Shrines have been disabled on this server.
- All Soul Stones are made of rare Uru metal and by your very nature, you and your pet aren't worthy enough to pick them up.  (Alternatively, Soul Stones weigh as much as you were carrying when you died.)
- All quests lock after 1 minute.
- After the quest has locked, leaving before quest completion (release button, recalling or teleporting) results in an XP penalty of (Character level * 1,000)
- After the quest has locked, leaving before reaper quest completion (release button, recalling or teleporting) results in a rXP penalty of (Character level * 100)

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #88 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 4:55am
Print Post  
This server is dumb, it is funny watching the poor people cry about whales and ddo store. I'm a whale and there is nothing interesting about that server that I've seen yet. Cosmetics? no thanks.

Nothing on that server will make my main dude more powerful so it can fuck right off, all it will do is dilute current server pop.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2019 at 4:57am by Cripey »  

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

bosuze
Waterworks Kobold

wat kyk jy

Reply #89 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Cosmetics and a Pet?

Dwarven Balls Hard Pass

so far, så bra

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #90 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Shrugs, I'm gonna give it a shot anyway, just for fun till first death by lag. If they disable DDO store it maaaaaybe I will even tryhard, it is fun to compete with skill but no chances for me to compete with money

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #91 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 5:52am
Print Post  
People are going to buy these things and then at some point after they become over confident, the deaths are going to occur and the loss of tomes and other paid for improvements are going to sour a lot of people.

Presumably if you can transfer a dead character out to another server, it will take the tomes etc. with it?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 7:47am
Print Post  
I really don't see the attraction

90 day 'seasons' in which everything gets reset back

utterly pointless energy & effort that in no way translates back to source server

resources wasted on inherently useless effort that could instead be focused on current issues that have been ignored for too long

On the bright side... I haven't encountered the ladder bug in weeks!

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #93 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 7:49am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 5:52am:
Presumably if you can transfer a dead character out to another server, it will take the tomes etc. with it?

Ya but why do you need firstlife toon, especially if you have triple everything toon(s) with tons of rxp and gear?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #94 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 9:34am
Print Post  
I guess you can run to 100 favor to get some free ddo points.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #95 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 4:55am:
This server is dumb, it is funny watching the poor people cry about whales and ddo store. I'm a whale and there is nothing interesting about that server that I've seen yet. Cosmetics? no thanks.

Nothing on that server will make my main dude more powerful so it can fuck right off, all it will do is dilute current server pop.

Dude no one wants to play with you anyway.

You're not interested because you enjoyed playing StarCraft with unlimited reasources enabled.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #96 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 4:55am:
it is funny watching the poor people cry about whales and ddo store. I'm a whale and there is nothing interesting about that server that I've seen yet.

I agree.  The definition of whale varies, but as someone who regularly spends money on DDO, I don't see spending any serious amount of money on a character on this server.   A few hundred DDO points for an XP pot or slayer pot?  Maybe.   But that'd be about it.   

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #97 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 10:12am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 9:43am:
Dude no one wants to play with you anyway.

You're not interested because you enjoyed playing StarCraft with unlimited reasources enabled.

I'm everyone and I want to play with Crippey.

Who's your shitty main?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 10:14am
Print Post  
It's just a point sink. They basically designed a grind where people would be getting 1000+ points a life, now people aren't buying points because they have plenty, here is a new way to burn off some of those excess points.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
If people didn't realize that SSG has basically one main priority, which is satisfying the cosmetic whales, well then you weren't paying attention to the last 2 expansions.  One of the rewards should be a cape that says "DDO hero" when you look at it and "Sucker" when anyone else does.  I love how Coco is trying desperately to convince people on the mobos that this isn't a massive cash grab.  My guess is there is a strong correlation between VIP status and store purchases....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint