Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Massive tempest ranger nerf incoming !!! (Read 4601 times)
yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Re: Massive tempest ranger nerf incoming !!!
Reply #25 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 8th, 2019 at 1:17pm:
Gratz to your accomplishment, OP.
https://i.etsystatic.com/13857063/c/865/687/305/130/il/a1aa36/1438981129/il_340x...
Remember to lick the spoon after.

Steelstar himself talked about it (and confirmed it on the forums) you fucking idiot  and your mom already has my dick in her mouth.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2019 at 2:37pm by yardarm_ »  

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #26 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 6:17am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/507321-So-what-are-the-upcoming-Tempes...
Steelstar:
"We might make balance changes to things in the future. There are no Tempest changes coming in U42 Patch 4,and we don't have any concrete Tempest changes to announce at this time.

EDIT: Further, as far as Discord goes: We talk about a large variety of topics there, but it's an unofficial platform; when we've got official announcements of that caliber, they'll end up here on the official forums. Internally, we talk through a lot of balance changes and I'd estimate that only 20% turn into actual game changes; if a Tempest change becomes more than theory, you'll hear about it in a Lamannia preview."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/507321-So-what-are-the-upcoming-Tempes...
Lynnabel:
"Friendly reminder that, as Steel has clarified earlier in this thread, we have no concrete plans to adjust Tempest Ranger Smiley "

I know they change their decisions like soiled undies but since I haven't found anything contradicting on the discord, I go with official voices.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #27 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 6:17am:
Steelstar:
"We might make balance changes to things in the future. There are no Tempest changes coming in U42 Patch 4,and we don't have any concrete Tempest changes to announce at this time.

EDIT: Further, as far as Discord goes: We talk about a large variety of topics there, but it's an unofficial platform; when we've got official announcements of that caliber, they'll end up here on the official forums. Internally, we talk through a lot of balance changes and I'd estimate that only 20% turn into actual game changes; if a Tempest change becomes more than theory, you'll hear about it in a Lamannia preview."

Lynnabel:
"Friendly reminder that, as Steel has clarified earlier in this thread, we have no concrete plans to adjust Tempest Ranger Smiley "

I know they change their decisions like soiled undies but since I haven't found anything contradicting on the discord, I go with official voices.

Don't burden our bitching with facts, yo!

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #28 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
By all means, go ahead.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #29 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Fuck rangers.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #30 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 6:54am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 4:22pm:
At this point if he keeps punching you and you don't walk out the door, you're not a battered wife, you're just a dumb bitch.

^This
My sole consolation is that Severlin has some of his own money (or at least his parents' money) invested in DDO so when he drives this once great game out of business he'll feel a pale echo of the pain I feel with nearly every decision he makes.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 6:54am:
My sole consolation is that Severlin has some of his own money (or at least his parents' money) invested in DDO so when he drives this once great game out of business he'll feel a pale echo of the pain I feel with nearly every decision he makes.

I'll take Sev any day over and Glin.  I disagree with a number of his decisions, and players always want more features delivered faster.  But for a game that is the epitome of Kevin Kelly's "one thousand true fans", DDO is trending in the right direction.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:40am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Beer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Sev is definitely better than all who came before him---with the exception of Judith.

Quote:
23-Sep-2004

Ours is not a quiet team. We’re a team of veterans, who know what they think, and aren’t afraid to tell you. Tell you why you’re wrong. Loudly. But I’ve never heard them argue quite so passionately as when it comes to using and adapting the D&D; rules.

See, before our artists, designers and engineers came into the gaming industry, almost all of us played pen and paper D&D.; (Many still do.) So, when we started production on D&D; Online, all of that history, all of that enthusiasm came rushing to the fore.

Through the course of the lively debates, one thing became abundantly clear. This team understands how important it is that this game must be D&D.; Any computer adaptation already has two strikes against it when attempting to achieve that goal. You’re not face to face with your friends. You don’t have your dice in-hand. With the world pictured on-screen, less is left to the imagination of the players. So what can we do?

We can focus on some of the things that make D&D; the experience that it is. We can focus on small-group play, focus on engaging campaign storylines, and focus on dungeon adventures that make use of all of a party’s unique skills.

The D&D; rules are a blessing and a curse – they provide a solid framework on which to build the game and world, but they also carry with them a heavy responsibility – we’re not naive, and we know that nothing can truly replace a living, breathing Dungeon Master. At the same time, I believe this team has the proper balance of innovation and respect to make a great massively multiplayer adaptation of Dungeons and Dragons. Stay tuned as we release more information about the game; I hope you’ll agree.

Judith Hoffman Executive Producer Turbine Entertainment Software

Emphasis mine. The founders understood that it was an MMO, not a past-life grind-fest where you jump in a quest and try your best to ignore everyone.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:10am by Beer »  

Sock of WonderfulFoppyBint
Stockholm Syndrome victim of the Sock Master
Minion of the Lego-stepper Strake
Defender of Fairy Farts

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #33 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 10:07pm:
Fuck rangers.

I always knew you found me sexy.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #34 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:28am:
I always knew you found me sexy.

My first banning from the mobos was because of my **** Rangers campaign. I told them the hidden letters spelled "love" but they didn't believe me.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:47pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #35 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:05pm
Print Post  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Well, I’m glad I can at least knock out another Ranger life before this goes down. Might as well enjoy Tempest while it’s here.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #37 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:29am:
I'll take Sev any day over http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png and Glin.  I disagree with a number of his decisions, and players always want more features delivered faster.  But for a game that is the epitome of Kevin Kelly's "one thousand true fans", DDO is trending in the right direction.

LOL, I definitely agree with how bad F & G were. I'm not sure they're doing so hot on the 1000 true fans, though. I guess selling the 1000 seasons passes suggests they're putting their eggs in that basket and it's holding together today, but the 1000 true fans assumes you can replace the ones you lose by attrition, DDO has proven increasingly bad at that. It also assumes you can continue to deliver the same product, but at this point DDO's main product seems to be epeen polish, rather than a fun experience. That requires a ton of short peens to feel superior to. As the short peens leave and the polishers only have each other, I think many of the current polish buyers will look for bigger and more rewarding audiences. Remember, Asheron's Call had 1000 true fans.

I don't even want new features, though, I'd be happy if they left the features alone and simply worked on new quests. To me, and I realize my play style is probably quite different from yours, the changes in the past 2 years have been far more negative than positive. I would enjoy the game more if it had been in maintenance mode for the last 2 years. Less power creep, less gap between old and new players, fewer ingredients and systems to track, alts more viable, less grind, and fewer systems to cause lag.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint