Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) lowering mats requirement for Slaver gear (Read 12753 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

lowering mats requirement for Slaver gear
Aug 8th, 2019 at 9:57am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/507304-Running-the-Same-Quests-Over-an...

Quote:
As far as feasibility of other suggestions go, I'd personally much rather drastically reduce the epic crafting requirements instead of dedicating a lot of R&D time to make an unslotter. Speaking of which, crafting requirements have moved from 400 -> 100 and 100 -> 50 as far as unbound/bound materials respectively (augments from 200 -> 100), this change will be in an upcoming patch.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: lowering mats requirement for Slaver gear
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Slavers crafting is still relevant, so it's a great change.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Well poo, right after I crafed full epic sets for repeat lives on same build but felt too lazy to bother with slavers.

Still nice though.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 7:22am
Print Post  
So sometimes they have good ideas huh?

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 7:22am:
So sometimes they actually reflect on hind sight after bad ideas huh?

Ftfy

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
This is 100% Lynnabel, she actually has played the game for a number of years and still actually plays in a serious way.  Unlike most of the other devs who's idea of playing DDO is testing stuff on their internal server.  It would be hilarious if any of them posted a video running any quest on R1, Lynn would be fine, the rest would be a shitshow of hilarity...

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
This is 100% Lynnabel, she actually has played the game for a number of years and still actually plays in a serious way.  Unlike most of the other devs who's idea of playing DDO is testing stuff on their internal server.  It would be hilarious if any of them posted a video running any quest on R1, Lynn would be fine, the rest would be a shitshow of hilarity...

Ran with her a bunch when she was on G-Land.   Can't say anything about the rest of the devs but she actually plays the game.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 5:31pm
Print Post  

I wanna see Cordo play any class and die repeatedly in Korthos.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
This is 100% Lynnabel, she he actually has played the game for a number of years and still actually plays in a serious sub-casual way.  Unlike most of the other devs who's idea of playing DDO is testing stuff on their internal server.  It would be hilarious if any of them posted a video running any quest on R1, Lynn would be fine, the rest it would be a shitshow of hilarity...

He did post videos at one point.  It was enlightening, and very, very depressing.

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 1:46pm:
Can't say anything about the rest of the devs but she he actually plays the game.

Yes, he plays, albeit, poorly.  As supporting evidence, this was the entirety of his hotbar setup for running a monk.

Consider that for a minute, then additionally consider that Lynn is generally reputed to be one of the more knowledgeable devs regarding actual in-game play.

Remember this next time you or anyone else tries to suggest that the devs know more than 0 about how their game actually works in-game.

And just in case you thought that was a fluke, here are the entirety of his hotbars for rogue and ranger, too:

« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:41pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Lynnabel is a girl. She's appeared on various Devchats and DDOcast on NUMEROUS occasions.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Those hotbars aren't that bad.  Its not like a dev needs clickies or anything.  They run in god mode.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:40pm:
He did post videos at one point.  It was enlightening, and very, very depressing.

Yes, he plays, albeit, poorly.  As supporting evidence, this was the entirety of his hotbar setup for running a monk.

https://i.imgur.com/5D9s5NO.png

Consider that for a minute, then additionally consider that Lynn is generally reputed to be one of the more knowledgeable devs regarding actual in-game play.

Remember this next time you or anyone else tries to suggest that the devs know more than 0 about how their game actually works in-game.

And just in case you thought that was a fluke, here are the entirety of his hotbars for rogue and ranger, too:

https://i.imgur.com/D4xg6yC.png

https://i.imgur.com/iuMZE47.png

Those are some sweet 4" by 6" monitors though.

Get the fuck outta here with your garbage.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 7:43am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
I wanna see Cordo play any class and die repeatedly in Korthos.

It's called the hardcore server.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:20pm:
Lynnabel is was a girl. She's He's appeared on various Devchats and DDOcast on NUMEROUS occasions.

Do try to keep up please.  It's hard to take anything you say seriously if you're working off of outdated information.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:30am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 1:20am:
Those are some sweet 4" by 6" monitors though.

Get the fuck outta here with your garbage.

Aww... that's cute.  What an excellent, highly intelligent, irrefutable argument.

Oh wait...

Did you really think someone who posted a specifically cropped screenshot of Lynn's gameplay videos to illustrate a specific point wouldn't have the full screenshot? 

Damn, that's pretty stupid, even for you.  I think you're showing signs of methane-induced oxygen deprivation from having your head up Crippey's ass for too long.

I was simply trying to avoid shitting up this thread with a bunch of full-sized screenshots.  But I'm an obliging sort of fellow so here's one in all it's glory, or extreme lack thereof. 

Yep, there you go.  That's what DDO's supposedly most in-game knowledgeable dev thinks is a an acceptable UI setup.

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:45am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:07am:
Do try to keep up please.  It's hard to take anything you say seriously if you're working off of outdated information.

Source?

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 11:03am:
Source?

The interwebz.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 11:34am:
The interwebz.

Link or it didn't happen.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 7:22am:
So sometimes they have good ideas huh?

Yeah, as they limp away from a failed attempt to defend a moronic decision. The reduction was to distract from the fact that the argument for permanent ransack on optional XP was that repetition drove people from the game, and the OP pointed out that repetition of the same 3 quests was the whole point of Slavers.

And it's not that great a reduction, anyway, she just shifted the gating from the unbound mats, which created a decent shard revenue, to bound mats. The reduction in overall mats sounds big, but the reduction in the number of runs won't be that much, only now you can't buy relief.

I used to respect Lynnabel, but she traded her integrity for the opportunity to give rim jobs to Rock Stars. She fits right in now, giving the players bullshit excuses with a straight face.

Lynnabel, if you ever read this, I've got two pieces of advice for you. First, if ever have to feed the corporate line to the players and you don't honestly believe it, make sure you phrase it so we know it's not coming from you. When you say "I" when telling a lie, *your* reputation suffers.

Second, regularly take a good hard look at yourself, if a toxic environment is poisoning your soul or making you cynical, find a new job. There are a lot of good developer jobs available, you aren't being true to yourself if you stick with a job that's turning you into someone you wouldn't respect. It's hard to make the change, but it's worth it in the long run.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 11:34am:
The interwebz.

Wait, her chromosomes changed? WTF

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:07am:

It appears that Digi is suggesting that Lynn wants to be gender identified as male, totally fine with me, in this case, I have not gotten that information so I have no idea, but the idea does not seem that unreasonable given how Lynn presents, in terms of clothing choices, hair style, etc...  Although, the way Digi presented things is purposely vague and combative..

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
2 hotbars at cap? There's gotta be more to this story. Was she trying to prove something? Did she just LR and jump right into a raid without bothering to properly set up her UI?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 11:41am:
Link or it didn't happen.

Learn to Google skrub.

Tspoon wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 6:25pm:
It appears that Digi is suggesting that Lynn wants to be gender identified as male, totally fine with me, in this case, I have not gotten that information so I have no idea, but the idea does not seem that unreasonable given how Lynn presents, in terms of clothing choices, hair style, etc...  Although, the way Digi presented things is purposely vague and combative..

Yes.  And yes, it's the Vault, vague and combatative is SOP.

platfarmchink wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 6:25pm:
2 hotbars at cap? There's gotta be more to this story. Was she trying to prove something? Did she just LR and jump right into a raid without bothering to properly set up her UI?

If only this was the case, but no, that's all there is to the story.  Already covered that with this part of my original post on this:
Digimonk wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:40pm:

Back in the day, he had a lot of videos posted and that was pretty much his standard UI setup.  To add to it, even with just 2-3 hotbars, he mouse-clicked a lot of them. 

So yeah, Lynn is generally considered the most well-versed dev on actual in-game play and that's how he plays DDO.  Remember that anytime someone says Lynn knows what he's doing in-game.  He probably is better than the other devs, but that bar is so low that it doesn't really mean much.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #23 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:50pm:
Learn to Google skrub.

You made the accusation, you need to prove it.

That's how these kinds of things work in grown-up land.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #24 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 12:20am
Print Post  
You can call her whatever pronoun you want, id still stick it in her pussy for the luls.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint