Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) lowering mats requirement for Slaver gear (Read 12793 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: lowering mats requirement for Slaver gear
Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:57pm:
You made the accusation, you need to prove it.

That's how these kinds of things work in grown-up land.

Oh, ok.

Technomage wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:20pm:
Lynnabel is a girl. She's appeared on various Devchats and DDOcast on NUMEROUS occasions.

Prove it.   Roll Eyes

1) Pointing out what gender someone identifies with is NOT an accusation.  If you think it is, please DIAF.
2) I already know the answer, I don't need to prove it to myself and I don't give a shit if you believe it.
3) I'm not going to spoonfeed you information that's publicly available and easily found.
4) This is not a court of law, so I don't need to prove shit.  Want to look like a big boy?  Go find proof I'm wrong and and post it here.  Be sure to provide something current and not that outdated info you're currently embarrassing yourself with.  Maybe you'll earn some Vault cred or something else equally useless if you can prove me wrong.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2019 at 1:00am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 12:48am:
Oh, ok.

Prove it.   Roll Eyes

1) Pointing out what gender someone identifies with is NOT an accusation.  If you think it is, please DIAF.
2) I already know the answer, I don't need to prove it to myself and I don't give a shit if you believe it.
3) I'm not going to spoonfeed you information that's publicly available and easily found.
4) This is not a court of law, so I don't need to prove shit.  Want to look like a big boy?  Go find proof I'm wrong and and post it here.  Be sure to provide something current and not that outdated info you're currently embarrassing yourself with.  Maybe you'll earn some Vault cred or something else equally useless if you can prove me wrong.

That's a lot of words for "no u"

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:12am
Print Post  
This gender fluid bullshit needs to stop, FFS.

I'm starting to get migraines from figuring out how to address these mentally handicapped people.

IP Logged

johnnyonthespot
Korthos Resident

I Do Cocaine

Reply #28 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:12am:
I'm starting to get migraines from figuring out how to address these mentally handicapped people.

That is "Handicapable" thank you.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:12am:
This gender fluid bullshit needs to stop, FFS.

That's a load of crap. This shit is easy.  Call someone whatever you're going to call them and then if they correct you, use that other word instead.

Like my friend Joey. Everyone calls him Joey. Recently, he asked us to start calling him Joe instead. We started calling him Joe. Sometimes we call him Joey by accident still. When we do, we say, "Oh, sorry. I mean Joe."

It's really not that fucking hard.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:07am
Print Post  
That's a real person, by the way.  He is a few years out of college and he figured he should probably go by Joe since he isn't a kid anymore. I don't think it matters, but it matters to him, so I call him Joe now. This shit really isn't confusing.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #31 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:59am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:06am:
That's a load of crap. This shit is easy.  Call someone whatever you're going to call them and then if they correct you, use that other word instead.

Like my friend Joey. Everyone calls him Joey. Recently, he asked us to start calling him Joe instead. We started calling him Joe. Sometimes we call him Joey by accident still. When we do, we say, "Oh, sorry. I mean Joe."

It's really not that fucking hard.

Is your friend Joe mentally handicapped and cut off his dick tho?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:59am:
Is your friend Joe mentally handicapped and cut off his dick tho?

Joe is a serious dumbshit who dates women who are so fucking crazy that even I wouldn't fuck them. And I have a long history of dating seriously fucked up people.

Whether he is mentally handicapped or cut his dick off or is taking hormone shots doesn't mean we should call him Joey when he wants to be called Joe, though.

This is a lot of whining over somethign that really isn't hard.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:56am
Print Post  
They changed from a typical female first name to a typical male first name on facebook a couple years ago. If that even means anything nowadays.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:36am:
This is a lot of whining over somethign that really isn't hard.

Uh-huh.
-
One of the best players I've ever run with only had a single hotbar on the screen. Everything else was in macros or key mappings.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 12:48am:
1) Pointing out what gender someone identifies with is NOT an accusation. 

You have no idea how Lynnabel identifies gender-wise. All you have is her physical appearance from the many dev chats she's done.

If you have more, post it or stfu.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 3:16pm:
You have no idea how Lynnabel identifies gender-wise. All you have is her physical appearance from the many dev chats she's done.

If you have more, post it or stfu.

Nope and nope.  I have a pretty good idea of how he identifies because I looked it up.  I have never watched a video of him in a dev chat.  There's no need to subject myself to the torture of watching SSG's dev chats.

You, however, have no clue wtf you're talking about because you're too lazy to look it up.

Look it up yourself or remain ignorant.  I don't care.  Actually, care a little.  I kind of hope you choose to remain ignorant so I can continue making fun of you.

No matter what you say though, I'm not going to spoonfeed you the answers.  Final answer.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #37 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:56am:
They changed from a typical female first name to a typical male first name on facebook a couple years ago. If that even means anything nowadays.

Wait, there is more than one we are talking about now? jesus fuck.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #38 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 3:58pm:
No matter what you say though, I'm not going to spoonfeed you the answers.  Final answer.

Fine.

But I'm not looking anything up. Not gonna give you the satisfaction of making me furiously type search terms in vain to find information that doesn't exist.

I'm good with exposing you as a fraud.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Urgh its not like this stuff is a secret its in the public domain

https://twitter.com/Rienuaa

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #40 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:54pm:

Nice.

It's fortunate you knew Lynnabel's real name. Kinda makes it easy to stalk people on the internet.

Right Digi?

Weirdo.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 4:54pm:
Fine.

But I'm not looking anything up. Not gonna give you the satisfaction of making me furiously type search terms in vain to find information that doesn't exist.

I'm good with exposing you myself as a fraud.

LOL  dumbass.  It takes anyone with even just half a brain 2 minutes to find this.

It was so easy but you couldn't do it.  Someone else had to change your diaper for you because you shit in it and just laid there crying.  Does it hurt to be that stupid and helpless?

Justanotherlurker wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:54pm:

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:39am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #42 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
This is 100% Lynnabel, she actually has played the game for a number of years and still actually plays in a serious way.  Unlike most of the other devs who's idea of playing DDO is testing stuff on their internal server.

I think you're giving her credit where no credit is due. Yes, without her it would have probably stayed the same. However, not only is the change too late but she missed the point of the thread.

The thread points out that with the new proposed xp changes the devs have become hypocrites. They want us to run every quest for xp yet require us to farm the same quests/raids tens or even hundreds of times for loot. Lynn reducing the grind in one quest(s) doesn't clear them of being hypocrites. 

The devs have embraced farming the same quests for a decade now so why the sudden change? Let players chose what play style they want instead of dictating it. Why is it bad for xp but fine for loot?
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:46am by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #43 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:23pm:
Nice.

It's fortunate you knew Lynnabel's real name. Kinda makes it easy to stalk people on the internet.

Right Digi?

Weirdo.

Taking 2 minutes to google someone's screen name and the company they work for is stalking?  Probably seems like pure magic to you, but it's not stalking.

D- for effort on the spin attempt and you're still an idiot.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #44 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:44am:
I think you're giving her credit where no credit is due. Yes, without her it would have probably stayed the same. However, not only is the change too late but she missed the point of the thread.

The thread points out that with the new proposed xp changes the devs have become hypocrites. They want us to run every quest for xp yet require us to farm the same quests/raids tens or even hundreds of times for loot. Lynn reducing the grind in one quest(s) doesn't clear them of being hypocrites. 

The devs have embraced farming the same quests for a decade now so why the sudden change? Let players chose what play style they want instead of dictating it. Why is it bad for xp but fine for loot?

^This

And double HP (Hypocrisy Points) to them for further distracting us with Crystal Cove, one of their best loved and most grindy quests. I love cove, and I have a lot less interest in reading the forums when it's on, but running it in the middle of telling us you need to forcefully stop us from running the same *few* quests over and over is just sick.

Funny that someone with a forum name Rose Colored Glasses saw through it  Cheesy

Lynnabel was a breath of fresh air for a while, but it went to her (his, it's, whatever*) head and now she (he/it*) is just a wannabe Rock Star.

*I couldn't care less what gender you aspire to and intend no comment on that issue. It's only your ability to do your job with competence, dignity, and respect for your customer's intelligence that I disparage.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Lynnabel's real name was actually posted on the official forums recently so didn't even have to google it

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #46 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 9:59am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 1:00pm:
One of the best players I've ever run with only had a single hotbar on the screen. Everything else was in macros or key mappings.

I only care about how well the devs perform their jobs.   Everything else is their business.  Personally, I have found Lynn to be communicative on the forums, willing to engage the player base in discussion and having a lot of new ideas on gear and content.   I think it is a good example of why businesses should seek to add new voices to their teams.   Having great retention and low turn over as a business is mostly a blessing but can become also a negative because fresh perspectives are useful.   Sometimes a team can become stale and repetitive in how they approach things.  At my company I try to bring in new talent periodically.   Especially younger talent.   I know trashing millennial work ethics is en vogue (although I think the now graduating college students are a new generation and millennials are mostly mid-20's to mid 30's) but I have found that diversity in perspective is useful.

I agree with the above post though.   I have more hot bars than Lynn did in those screen shots, but I also macro and key map a lot of stuff and don't really use most of them for anything.   A lot of them are a visual aid to tell me how many charges of clickies are still available, which gear set is currently on, how many consumables I still have available (otherwise I end up in PN 5 curse pots or some other quest without thieves tools or a handful of spell mats), etc.   At my age, my memory is flawed that way.  But I don't really use them for actual game play.   

If you are really good (better than me, which a lot of players are) then you don't need those extra hot bars visible at all times.  i've seen great players using far less than I do because they don't need them and prefer to have a better view of the entire environment uncluttered.

Digi's trashing a player based solely on hot bars sounds like someone who really doesn't know how to  play the game more than one way and is negative and is looking for reasons to shit on someone. 
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2019 at 10:09am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #47 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 10:59am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 1:00pm:

Asheras wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 9:59am:
I agree with the above post though...

Digi's trashing a player based solely on hot bars sounds like someone who really doesn't know how to  play the game more than one way and is negative and is looking for reasons to shit on someone. 

You apologists and excuse-makers are slow.  Please try to keep up.  I already debunked that excuse.
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:50pm:
Back in the day, he had a lot of videos posted and that was pretty much his standard UI setup.  To add to it, even with just 2-3 hotbars, he mouse-clicked a lot of them

Ask yourselves, how would I possibly know he mouse-clicked a lot of the hotbuttons?  Do you think anyone could tell a player is mouse-clicking their hotbar buttons just by looking at a static screenshot that doesn't show a mouse cursor?  No, they couldn't because none of us are psychic nor, as far as I know, roomies with Lynn.

But you can sure as shit tell someone is mouse-clicking their hotbar buttons when you've seen the videos that said screenshots are taken from.  You know, the live-stream videos that showed how Lynn was actually playing.  An intelligent person might infer that I've seen those videos without me having to spell it out for them given that I have screenshots from them.

As a bonus, on top of seeing live-streamed videos of how he plays DDO with zero indications of macro use but plenty of mouse-clicking hotbars, I have grouped with Lynn on multiple occasions.  I can assure you he's not "one of the best players" you've ever run with.  He was a competent casual at best.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:01am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:22am
Print Post  
I DONT EVEN NEED A FUCKNG UI. I JUST ALT+Z AND ZOOM ALL THE WAY IN SO IT LOOKS LIKE IM PLAYING SKYRIM

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #49 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I only care about how well the devs perform their jobs.   Everything else is their business.  Personally, I have found Lynn to be communicative on the forums, willing to engage the player base in discussion and having a lot of new ideas on gear and content.   I think it is a good example of why businesses should seek to add new voices to their teams.

This is funny.  You say you care about how well a dev performs their job but then you proceed to list a bunch of traits and skills that aren't really what a developer does.  They're traits and skills typically associated with some sort of community liaison position. 

Sure, everyone wants the unicorn employee who's amazing at everything, but the reality is most people are only really good at a few specific things and smart employers will put the right skillsets in the right seats to fully leverage those strengths and simultaneously mitigate the weaknesses.

Personally, I'd rather have devs that know the code they work on inside and out, who understand how to design systems with planned growth and expansion rather than just fixing the immediate problem, and who fully understand the overall, real-world, big-picture impact of the code changes they make.

You're correct in a way though.  Lynn would probably be a far better community manager than Cordovan.  Having a community manager for DDO who at least has a basic proficiency in using it would be miles better than what we currently have.  Cordovan on the other hand is a lost cause.

Having great retention and low turn over as a business is mostly a blessing but can become also a negative because fresh perspectives are useful.   Sometimes a team can become stale and repetitive in how they approach things.  At my company I try to bring in new talent periodically.   Especially younger talent.   I know trashing millennial work ethics is en vogue (although I think the now graduating college students are a new generation and millennials are mostly mid-20's to mid 30's) but I have found that diversity in perspective is useful.

On a side note, we do agree on this.  Your comment on the tendency of older generations to bag on the millenials is interesting.

If you haven't seen any of Jason Dorsey's stuff yet, I'd encourage you to check it out.  His company has done a bunch of real, scientific and statistic based research on the various generation gaps.  He does a lot of speaking engagements, TED talks, etc. on the topic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f16o9Q0XGE
https://www.youtube.com/user/thegenyguy
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:26am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint