Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Update 42.4.1 Release Notes (Read 3749 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Update 42.4.1 Release Notes
Aug 15th, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Experience:
Bravery Bonus is now tracked separately across Heroic and Epic difficulties. This means that if you play a dungeon on Heroic Elite, you will be able to acquire the Epic Elite Bravery Bonus if you play that same dungeon again in Epic levels.
Bravery Bonus range in Epics is now +4 rather than +2 of the Base quest level. Players above the +4 range will receive half of their Bravery Bonus. This functions just like the Bravery Bonus range in Heroics, but with an expanded range.
Optional Objective's Experience Rewards now ransack at a slower rate:
The first, second, and third time you achieve an optional objective, you will receive 100% of the experience.
The fourth time you achieve an optional objective, you will receive 80% of the experience.
Fifth: 60%
Sixth: 40%
Seventh: 20%
Eighth: 0%
Optional Objective ransack does not reset over time. An Epic, Racial, True, or Iconic Reincarnation will reset your Optional Objective ransack.
All current Optional Objective Ransack has been reset. Players after this patch will begin as if they had not previously completed any optional objectives on their current life.
The base experience of the quest Tower of Frost has been raised from 3062 to 6540.
The Daily Bonus in Epics has been raised by +10%, for a total of 40% for Epics.
Character:
The feat Swords to Plowshares now functions if you've acquired it through an enhancement.
Animated allies may now properly rest or leave a dungeon to throw off their undead state.
Necrotic Bolt and Necrotic Blast have had their damage corrected.
Skeletal Knight's cooldown has been reduced to 20 seconds for all ranks.
You should no longer lose your Reaper Enhancement granted hit points while zoning (thus avoiding things like Death by Dimension Door).
Monsters:
One of the new Reapers has had its name corrected.
Misc:
Corrected an issue that prevented users of the legacy Mac client from launching the game. Note: The current Mac client can be downloaded here.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Update 42.4.1 Release Notes
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 11:54am
Print Post  
They seem to be rushing to pull their fat out of the fire.  I almost feel sorry for them.  If only someone had told warned them well before hand that the changes were a bad idea.... Wink

Joking aside, that's supposed to be the CRM's job.  A good CRM should be monitoring for opinions and changes to opinions not, as I snarkishly suspect, asking what's for lunch. 

Two of the main aspects of my job are data and opinion.  You gather data, you analyze data, you make your decisions on that data, opinions and trends.  Companies pay tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to gather the data that SSG tends to have just sitting right in front of them.

And to be fair, I don't know if it's Jerry's fault or not.  Part of his job description should be to monitor and keep his thumb on the pulse of the consumer's opinions concerning proposed changes.  Maybe he did that and it was ignored.  Maybe he stepped up and said "the opinion on the changes has been across the board negative and we need to rethink our strategy."

Someone should have because it should have been painfully obvious they would suffer a backlash for the proposed changes and that deciding at the last minute to not follow through with giving all the epic quests the already too low boost would cause rioting in the streets.

This was an easily avoidable mistake that not only resulted in lost of revenue, but brand trust - and protecting your brand trust should be high on your list of priorities.

The next step should be sitting down in a very long meeting and looking at this fiasco under the microscope.  Admitting they fucked up, deciding where they fucked up, if needed who dropped the ball and who should have recovered that fumble, what they should be doing to regain their brand trust and just how to avoid a mistake of this magnitude from occurring again.

The signs are and always have been there, they just need to learn to interpret them.  I'd like to say they're having that meeting now...

But hey, new 2048s have been added.  Go look at boobs, you'll be happier.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
I'd say they responded to the feedback the only way they know how.

"We hate this perma ransack down to 20% bullshit!! Please do something else"

"Challenge......ACCEPTED!"

This has got me thinking about dusting off the "Ye Olde Uninstall" button again. This game has WAY TOO MUCH GRIND to nerf ANY FORM OF XP. At all. Period.

The problem wasn't the quests, the optionals, or anything else. The problem, IS THE GRIND.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Optional ransack is still a shit sandwich. That's what's for lunch.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Optionals to 0%. Really? What a crock of shit. I wonder if it's straight up greed or incompetence at fault here.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:09pm:
This has got me thinking about dusting off the "Ye Olde Uninstall" button again.

Between RL and my blatantly ignoring the mobos*, this is the longest I've ever played without rage quitting...but they're pushing me.  I've seriously considered it over the past few weeks, even more so after they rolled out the changes despite the backlash.

*Pro advice guys: the forum paladins are not your friends and especially those ghost paladins that become active after not posting for 5 or 10 years that jump up from time to time to run to your rescue anytime you're getting well deserved negative criticism do not help your brand trust.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I just don't know what they were thinking (in an otherwise decent update....aside from the usual quality bug free product they always put out) to put that optional poison pill in there. I usually don't do more than 2 ETRs per heroic life, so the daily thing doesn't hurt me personally all that much, but some people like it. SO LET THEM PLAY THE WAY THEY WANT TO PLAY.

The customer voices were OVERWHELMINGLY negative. SO THEY MADE IT WORSE THAN IT WAS ORIGINALLY PROPOSED?

I just can't fathom the reasoning or logic behind it, unless it's just a shameless money grab by making people buy more xp stuff and packs.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:22pm:
Pro advice guys: the forum paladins are not
your friends

Case in point - I took a quick look at the mobos and noticed the pollyanna thread with half a dozen positive responses.  This is not reflected in in-game chatter.  LFM's are down and most people still feel burned (even if slightly less so) by the new changes.  Learn to put up polls to get a better feel of the environment.

IP Logged

SpookyBoi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:57pm:
Case in point - I took a quick look at the mobos and noticed the pollyanna thread with half a dozen positive responses.  This is not reflected in in-game chatter.  LFM's are down and most people still feel burned (even if slightly less so) by the new changes.  Learn to put up polls to get a better feel of the environment. 

At this point everyone with an IQ higher than the average Somalian knows that the inactive accounts that come out of the woodwork after years of inactivity are dev socks.

All this does is further piss off players and extended the PR nightmare.

SSGs doesn't get that shilling doesn't work because it's obvious.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2019 at 2:14pm by SpookyBoi »  

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
SpookyBoi wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 1:10pm:
At this point everyone with an IQ higher than the average Somalian knows that the inactive accounts that come out oft he woodwork after years of inactivity are dev socks.

All this does is further piss off players and extended the PR nightmare.

SSGs doesn't get that shilling doesn't work because it's obvious.

Nah.....those are all the paid subscription accounts Thrudh has acquired over the years since he gets 2 subs everytime someone leaves.  Roll Eyes

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

SpookyBoi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Tl;dr incomplete band-aid solutions that will hopefully placate enough of the angry mob that SSG can go back to ignoring the rest of it.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #11 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:30am
Print Post  
I don't know why I bother either :/

Skoodge wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 11:54am:
The next step should be sitting down in a very long meeting and looking at this fiasco under the microscope.  Admitting they fucked up, deciding where they fucked up, if needed who dropped the ball and who should have recovered that fumble, what they should be doing to regain their brand trust and just how to avoid a mistake of this magnitude from occurring again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordovan
We appreciate your feedback on communication concerns this week, and we will likely be working through how to best prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. I agree that, if the final list of quests getting adjusted was changing, we should not have listed the list to begin with. I recall the list being published so players on Lamannia could know which quests to go into, but the other side of that was that it led players to believe the list was more permanent than it ended up being. A different approach would have been to be less specific, something along the lines of, "numerous quests getting bumped up in XP", then have the complete list with release. We obviously need to preserve the ability to change the release notes from Lamannia to live, but we will be taking this week's concerns raised seriously to hopefully improve the process going forward.

Let me put this as nicely as possible.

NO!  WTF!?  NO!

This was NOT the lesson to be learned here.

Look, imagine you're a boss of a company and you tell your employees "This year we're thinking about giving you a 5k bonus, a 2% increase and killing all your pets."

The feedback you're going to get will be, "that's a decent bonus, the increase is way too low and killing our pets is a dick move."

So at the end of the year, you give the promised bonus, drop the increase down to 1% and kill everyone's pets.  Then everyone quits or sues (except Thrudh because he's a special kind of stupid and never liked his goldfish anyways).

Do you scratch your head and wonder "what's the matter with those guys"?

Do you decide where you really fucked up was warning everyone?  That's your take-away, really?  You think they would have been happier with it with no warning?  Really?!

The decision here is fucking listen to feedback and adjust accordingly.

Across the board people told you certain quests weren't getting enough of a boost.  Even the people cool about you killing their pets were saying the XP bumps for other quests wasn't nearly enough. 

Dude...they made lists for you...and not only did you not increase the quests that needed the largest increases - you didn't boost them at all!

If you think the lesson to be learned here was "next time we won't warn about big changes" then you might as well check to see what color your parachutes are because you're about to need them.

I can't spell it out any clearer than this:  the lesson here is you dropped the ball by being unable to read the mood and by being unaware of what's needed most in this game.

This was a bad call.  A very bad call.  I'll give points for an attempt at damage control but you're no where near out of the woods yet.

More free pro advice: a follow up sale of guild renown doesn't help you in the PR department much.  Learn to distract with decent sales after a massive fumble.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 5:51am
Print Post  
I dont find those change needed but 2 x bb meaning I can do sagas both heroics and epics, very nice for alts

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Institutionally I don't thing SSG is really able to separate themselves from really changing things by the time they go to Lamania unless its either a spelling error on a tooltip or utterly client breaking. One rare exception to that I can think of was when they tried an updated Bank UI that got so much negative attention in a short time it disappeared from the lama client and has never been seen again.

With the microscopic size of their team and the fact that I suspect they may be having devs shift from game to game I can see them not correcting anything based on feedback since they really lack the resources to change a damn thing once they made an internal decision on it in the first place.

I agree they have a load of data in front of them but I really don't think they have the ability to just act on a damn thing.

The whole optional ransack to me just reads as stupid and puts me off from doing multiple ETRs on a single life anymore. Makes me glad I finished doing 4x ETR on a single Sylvanious Maul Cleric testing a different domain each life to just see what a difference they would make finished before this BS. I cheesed through 2 of them on the power of dailies mostly done solo since I was playing the toon too randomly to group with any of the fixed tr groups in my guild with it.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #14 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Synchrono wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:58am:
With the microscopic size of their team and the fact that I suspect they may be having devs shift from game to game I can see them not correcting anything based on feedback since they really lack the resources to change a damn thing once they made an internal decision on it in the first place.

I'll be honest, I probably do get more enjoyment from analyzing SSG's business practices than actually playing the game.  When your home acts as a second office, it's much harder to leave work at work I guess, that part never shuts off in my brain.

I'm not aiming this at you - but the size of the team is a horrible excuse.  Think about it:

"People are protesting outside with signs, does anyone have any idea what they're angry about?"
"Nope."  "Not me."  "No idea."  "So many signs!  I couldn't read them all!"

Here's a golden rule - if you can't afford to know who you're selling to, you can't afford to stay in business.  If you don't know who you're selling to, you have no product or service.  If you have no product or service, you have no business.

Knowing your consumer and your consumer wants and needs is pretty much what the modern business is based on.

A small team just isn't an excuse.  There are companies out there, even in the game industry, with much smaller teams who are making bank.

So here's the challenge of a smaller team - it can be done but everyone has to wear a lot of hats.  A crack A team of 5 can easily do the job of 10 and so on.  If you have the right people in the right positions.

I get where they don't have the budget to hire a consultant.  I get where they can't afford to gather and analyze a ton of data.

But if you're literally paying someone to read every forum post - the information they're bringing you needs to be golden.  They need to be able to quickly assess changes in moods and consumer demands.

If you have the right person in that position, you need to listen to everything they say.  And if you don't have the right person in that key position - start packing your parachute.

Honestly I'm rooting for SSG.  2018 looked like a great year for them and I was happy they were knocking it out of the park.

But this year has been one horrible misstep and PR nightmare after another.  It's very, very important for them to learn from their mistakes and "next time we won't give warning when we're about to make an unpopular decision" isn't the lesson to be learned here.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:30am:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordovan
We appreciate your feedback on communication concerns this week, and we will likely be working through how to best prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. I agree that, if the final list of quests getting adjusted was changing, we should not have listed the list to begin with. I recall the list being published so players on Lamannia could know which quests to go into, but the other side of that was that it led players to believe the list was more permanent than it ended up being. A different approach would have been to be less specific, something along the lines of, "numerous quests getting bumped up in XP", then have the complete list with release. We obviously need to preserve the ability to change the release notes from Lamannia to live, but we will be taking this week's concerns raised seriously to hopefully improve the process going forward.

Let me put this as nicely as possible.

NO!  WTF!?  NO!

I agree with your sentiment. But I see a different problem with this lame ass statement.

Cordo is trying to say that transparency is what caused a problem, so he trolls everyone by saying maybe they should just leave out details and be less transparent in the future. What a fucktard.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:17am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:52pm:
The customer voices were OVERWHELMINGLY negative. SO THEY MADE IT WORSE THAN IT WAS ORIGINALLY PROPOSED?

I just can't fathom the reasoning or logic behind it, unless it's just a shameless money grab by making people buy more xp stuff and packs.

Don't worry, Thrudh said he was paying for more subs just BECAUSE of the changes.  I am sure he wasn't trolling.  honest.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:17am:
Don't worry, Thrudh said he was paying for more subs just BECAUSE of the changes.  I am sure he wasn't trolling.  honest.  Roll Eyes

And if he was trolling, I'm sure he'd get an infraction for it

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 1:09am:
I'll be honest, I probably do get more enjoyment from analyzing SSG's business practices than actually playing the game. 

LMAO, yeah, me too at this point
A small team just isn't an excuse.  There are companies out there, even in the game industry, with much smaller teams who are making bank.

So here's the challenge of a smaller team - it can be done but everyone has to wear a lot of hats.  A crack A team of 5 can easily do the job of 10 and so on.  If you have the right people in the right positions.

I get where they don't have the budget to hire a consultant.  I get where they can't afford to gather and analyze a ton of data.

But if you're literally paying someone to read every forum post - the information they're bringing you needs to be golden.  They need to be able to quickly assess changes in moods and consumer demands.

Yeah, this, Grinding Gear Games started with 4 people, I'm sure SSG has more than that.

And I'll give you a corollary - you have to trust others. When you can't hire a specialist, you have to accept that somebody else might know more about a subject that isn't their primary job, I suspect that's one of Sev's core problems, he can't accept that somebody else might know more or understand better than he does. He doesn't trust his team and doesn't trust his customers. He knows better.

If SSG was willing to honestly and sincerely listen to feedback, would you serve on their council and give them advice they otherwise would pay for? I bet you would. I would too. So would a lot of smart people. But not if they just ignore that feedback. I'm not saying they have to do everything people tell them, but they have to engage in an open and honest manner.

And as for being able to afford gathering data, it's a lot cheaper these days then most people think. Free web based surveys, cheap disk space, free data analysis tools, etc. They're already gathering data, if Sev is to be believed, wouldn't it be worthwhile to collect enough to make it give better results? The difference in effort is small, the difference in results huge. Get a competent Players' Council and they'll help you work out what data you need to collect, and what questions to ask of it.

... this year has been one horrible misstep and PR nightmare after another.  It's very, very important for them to learn from their mistakes and "next time we won't give warning when we're about to make an unpopular decision" isn't the lesson to be learned here.

^This

That attitude is just doubling down on failure.

Personally, I'm done rooting for SSG, I'm hoping for a failure so spectacular that they sell it cheap to a competent KickStarter. I just don't believe they have what it takes to succeed, they've had 2 years and haven't shown me they're any better than Turdbin. Let somebody else have a shot at the IP.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I bet if they published their game use data the community would analyze the shit out of it for them

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 9:42am:
If SSG was willing to honestly and sincerely listen to feedback, would you serve on their council and give them advice they otherwise would pay for? I bet you would. I would too. So would a lot of smart people. But not if they just ignore that feedback. I'm not saying they have to do everything people tell them, but they have to engage in an open and honest manner.

And this is why I joined the Player's Council originally, I really thought that they might listen to the PC members.

Atleast during the 8 or so months I was a member it didn't go down that way; or rather they didn't listen to critical commentary or dissension from their initial plans. Lammania is practically how the PC works.

The devs show their plans; a bunch of players cheer them on, a few dissenters are either listened to and minor changes are implemented or they are usually ignored entirely. The devs then pat themselves on the back over the minor changes and call it a success. Meanwhile there is a dumpster fire of bad changes that made it through.

Biggest example of this I can give is the Cleric Domains. Particularly the War Domain. The original War Domain was a bit insane and perhaps too much for benefiting certain deities over others and that's why most of the PC was against it. (Personally, I loved the original.) But the second pass is what you see now; when they suggested it I immediately voiced concern that by giving Clerics Holysword this would cause balancing issues down the line when they got around to updating Warpriest. No one wanted to listen, and low and behold; now cleric warpriests get the short end of the stick design wise because one out of 14 domains have access to Holysword. While there are still 3 other melee oriented domains that technically suck as a pure cleric because they don't get the standard +1 crit/+1 threat.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 5:40pm:
And this is why I joined the Player's Council originally, I really thought that they might listen to the PC members.

Atleast during the 8 or so months I was a member it didn't go down that way; or rather they didn't listen to critical commentary or dissension from their initial plans. Lammania is practically how the PC works.

The devs show their plans; a bunch of players cheer them on, a few dissenters are either listened to and minor changes are implemented or they are usually ignored entirely. The devs then pat themselves on the back over the minor changes and call it a success. Meanwhile there is a dumpster fire of bad changes that made it through.

Biggest example of this I can give is the Cleric Domains. Particularly the War Domain. The original War Domain was a bit insane and perhaps too much for benefiting certain deities over others and that's why most of the PC was against it. (Personally, I loved the original.) But the second pass is what you see now; when they suggested it I immediately voiced concern that by giving Clerics Holysword this would cause balancing issues down the line when they got around to updating Warpriest. No one wanted to listen, and low and behold; now cleric warpriests get the short end of the stick design wise because one out of 14 domains have access to Holysword. While there are still 3 other melee oriented domains that technically suck as a pure cleric because they don't get the standard +1 crit/+1 threat.

It's echo chambers all the way down.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #22 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 5:40pm:

I heard substantially the same thing from others who tried to help, it's a shame their hubris inflicts so much damage on a game with such potential.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #23 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 8:04pm:
It's echo chambers all the way down.

It's not so much an echo chamber as much as the devs strongly favor feedback that is favorable of them.

Meursault wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 7:18am:
I heard substantially the same thing from others who tried to help, it's a shame their hubris inflicts so much damage on a game with such potential.

I don't feel like all of the devs are this way. The biggest one in my personal experience is Steelstar. I can't think of a single PC thread I saw where I gave feedback either positive or negative that I didn't butt heads with Steelstar. Eventually it got to the point he would either ignore my feedback or only respond to be snide. Which is what ended up in my ban from the mobo as I got an infraction for 'personal attacks' against Steelstar when all I said was something along the lines that his ego was getting in the way of listening to good feedback, not necessarily my own feedback. And finally culminated in my mobo permaban for politely warning another poster that they shouldn't bother posting feedback to a thread created by Steelstar. That got me the ban reason of, "Constant personal attacks against a developer." But never mind the times Steelstar shot back, because professionalism is a one way street with SSG/Turdbine.

What's concerning to me is watching Lyn slowly taking on the  "Us vs Them" mentality the rest of the devs have. For the most part she's been reasonable and rational, but her throwing gasoline on the fire the other day Flimsy style was a bit of an "Oh shit here we go again." moment.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 3:03pm:
It's not so much an echo chamber as much as the devs strongly favor feedback that is favorable of them.

Uhm, don't over-analyze the joke. 

Of course it's not a literal echo chamber but between all the overzealous moderation of any post that isn't polite and favorable of them and the totality with which they ignore any feedback that disagrees with what they decided they already know best, it might as well be.

It's still echo chambers all the way down.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint