Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Update 42.4.1 Release Notes (Read 3770 times)
Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Update 42.4.1 Release Notes
Reply #25 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 3:26pm:
Uhm, don't over-analyze the joke. 

Of course it's not a literal echo chamber but between all the overzealous moderation of any post that isn't polite and favorable of them and the totality with which they ignore any feedback that disagrees with what they decided they already know best, it might as well be.

It's still echo chambers all the way down.

That one completely went over my head tbh.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #26 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 3:03pm:
I don't feel like all of the devs are this way. The biggest one in my personal experience is Steelstar. I can't think of a single PC thread I saw where I gave feedback either positive or negative that I didn't butt heads with Steelstar. Eventually it got to the point he would either ignore my feedback or only respond to be snide. Which is what ended up in my ban from the mobo as I got an infraction for 'personal attacks' against Steelstar when all I said was something along the lines that his ego was getting in the way of listening to good feedback, not necessarily my own feedback. And finally culminated in my mobo permaban for politely warning another poster that they shouldn't bother posting feedback to a thread created by Steelstar. That got me the ban reason of, "Constant personal attacks against a developer." But never mind the times Steelstar shot back, because professionalism is a one way street with SSG/Turdbine.

What's concerning to me is watching Lyn slowly taking on the  "Us vs Them" mentality the rest of the devs have. For the most part she's been reasonable and rational, but her throwing gasoline on the fire the other day Flimsy style was a bit of an "Oh shit here we go again." moment.

Wow, I've seen his snark and trolling, it blows my mind that they'd hand out a ban over it coming back to him. Developers should be expected to take *more* attacks than ordinary users, not fewer.

I absolutely agree about Lyn, I used to be a huge fan, but she's just another rock star now, giving glib excuses why they can't do their jobs. I won't pay you to whine about how hard it is to do it right, I'll pay you to do it right or I won't pay you at all. I think I'm a lot more disappointed with lyn specifically because I used to think she had potential, but she chose instead to be "well adjusted" to a dysfunctional corporate culture, it's a loss all the way around.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #27 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
I absolutely agree about Lyn, I used to be a huge fan, but she's just another rock star now, giving glib excuses why they can't do their jobs. I won't pay you to whine about how hard it is to do it right, I'll pay you to do it right or I won't pay you at all. I think I'm a lot more disappointed with lyn specifically because I used to think she had potential, but she chose instead to be "well adjusted" to a dysfunctional corporate culture, it's a loss all the way around.

Yes.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint