Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The real 'real reason for the hardcore server. (Read 1277 times)
johnnyonthespot
Korthos Resident

I Do Cocaine

The real 'real reason for the hardcore server.
Aug 21st, 2019 at 7:39am
Print Post  
I'm willing to bet they are testing the waters for a classic server that would only allow for Level 1 to 20.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: The real 'real reason for the hardcore server.
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 8:57am
Print Post  
I doubt it.  I think they are going with the periodic leagues route vs. the permanent classic servers with time release content.

I kinda like the period leagues route, personally.   It doesn't detract as much from the main servers and they can vary the theme and add wrinkles to a league.  Kind of like how Survivor will throw in single season rules changes for a little spice.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 9:11am
Print Post  
I would be surprised if they went this route. They already stated that a progression server is a no go. Even though the 2011 era is a completely different game they would most likely have the same opinion since the content is the same.

I also doubt they would have a 2011 back-up of the source code. Capitalizing on the WoW Classic hype would be pretty great but this is far beyond SSGs skill set.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Want the real Reason?
Because they don't know how to create content
Every content even the biggest one talking for the expansions,is 8-9 quests of half an hour each,when you learn it after 2 runs is even less,when other games look wow , eso etc every expansion is huge and have not only dungeons but open world activity,ddo have no open world activity
So for that reason,cant create a game they trying to give you a reason and a challenge to play again and again the same game for 12 years now ,plus some quests over time
For the start gave you tr,when everyones starts to be over power for the same quests they kicked out epic levels and epic tr,cause there is was not able again to create big new content and end game hand the idea for the reaper difficulty,
Over power again??np ban the half overpowered toons for exploit that ssg was responsible , propably a trap, and the same time for those who are had nothing to do at level 30 created racial tr so the hamsters was happy to play again korthos and water works
Bored again and full overpowered?np again ssg can make you play again and again for more than 12 years so now we have hardcore server,what???you played again after 12 years tr etr racial tr reapee xp farm a new toon with out any of what you earned all this years and you feel happy?i feel idiot amd i m stopping
Fuck this garbage
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2019 at 2:59pm by mog »  

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Hey good for you Mog. Quit while you are ahead...

IP Logged

johnnyonthespot
Korthos Resident

I Do Cocaine

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 10:58am
Print Post  
I've seen a few examples where SSG/ Turdbine has always tested the waters before they make changes. Maybe this is periodic league approach, but I hope not. If so its only meant to attract  subs, and in turn pulls away from server populations.

I don't think they would need an archived copy of 2011 DDO, I just think they would turn off 20-30 and anything to do with reaper. Which is the tact they are taking with this hardcore server. Its probably all part of a greater long term strategy.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
If you wanted to make some quick money for your restaurant you could do it by selling the tables and chairs for cheap.  I'd recommend improving your food service instead, but it would bring in some quick revenue.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 12:27pm:
If you wanted to make some quick money for your restaurant you could do it by selling the tables and chairs for cheap.  I'd recommend improving your food service instead, but it would bring in some quick revenue. 

Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 12:27pm:

DDO analogy

Food Truck
Shift to a restaurant
Maintain the same menu in the restaurant and wonder why folks don't like the limited selection
Sell off furnishing to make ends meet.
Return to a Food Truck

Sucks if you are a customer as they are selling off the furnishings while you are having dinner.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 1:28pm:
DDO analogy

Food Truck
Shift to a restaurant
Maintain the same menu in the restaurant and wonder why folks don't like the limited selection
Sell off furnishing to make ends meet.
Return to a Food Truck

Sucks if you are a customer as they are selling off the furnishings while you are having dinner.

Wonder why your fries aren't selling as well as your sandwiches - add more rat feces to sandwiches to try and increase the sales of fries.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint