Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Ultimate PKing method in hardcore! (Read 11294 times)
Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Re: The Ultimate PKing method in hardcore!
Reply #50 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:35pm:
(I tend to play warlock, inquisitive, and FvS.  None of which run out of mana much).

Asheras wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:35pm:
That's game breaking OP P2Win there.

Actually...

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #51 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:53pm:
I mean, obviously if you cant be bothered to properly play then sure, i guess you could say its not p2w. Still, you have a numerically superiour advantage to players not paying when you die.

I mean. Im actually happy that you are spending real money for fleets of hirelings. Someones gotta fund it. Better you than me. Im saving up for those trips to cancun or toronto.

Hirelings are between 5 and 30 DDO points per hour.  Offsetting the 25 points from favor that you get pretty regularly and the 500 from VIP, it's not funding much.   You guys act like hirelings are ottos boxes.   Yeesh.  THe kvetching over small shit.

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:44pm:
If you think those give a huge advantage you are drunk.

I was excited and hoping to see  good competition on hardcore for the reaper leader boards from the vault, instead we put p2w on the complaint list leader board of the vault ;/

Sorry to interrupt the tears, on with your show!

Rubbins are right
If you have i mind your super triple completion toon on normal servers where you play reaper 5 then all thosd gives you zero advantage but on a server with first life toon without ship buffs and resistances and elite to looks really Taft then yes even the bell or gold hirelings are p2w and over powered, hirelings are good for elite hard normal and if you have more than one can help on reaper 1
And if give zero help then why ssg sell them and why people buy them?
Its not hard to accept that you play a joke as game and not hard to accept that ssg accepted you as a sheep that milking it

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #53 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 10:25pm:
Hirelings are between 5 and 30 DDO points per hour.  Offsetting the 25 points from favor that you get pretty regularly and the 500 from VIP, it's not funding much.   You guys act like hirelings are ottos boxes.   Yeesh.  THe kvetching over small shit.

I mean. If you are really dumb and only buy 1 at once. The point of gold seal hires is to have a fleet of 5 up to run circles around you to prevent yourself from getting nailed by a reaper.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Wonder if UB has pet build?

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:31am
Print Post  
IF p2w is no real advantage, I guess everyone would be happy if they removed the store

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #56 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:05am
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:31am:
IF p2w is no real advantage, I guess everyone would be happy if they removed the store

Wouldn't bother me, but what would we cry about then?  Lag maybe.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #57 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:44am
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 1:42am:
I mean. If you are really dumb and only buy 1 at once. The point of gold seal hires is to have a fleet of 5 up to run circles around you to prevent yourself from getting nailed by a reaper.

Good luck with that.   All hirelings do against reaper is act as speed bumps.   Again, spoken like someone who isn't actually playing on HC.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #58 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:52am
Print Post  

^this

Look, I know it cheapens your accomplishment a little bit if you admit that the store is P2W and you used it instead of *pure* skill, but only a little bit! It still takes tremendous skill and is a great accomplishment to make the leaderboards even with P2W, money alone couldn't get you there.

If you're having fun that way, no harm no foul, it's perfectly reasonable to pay to have fun and I do it all the time. I think SSG has taken P2W too far at the expense of game quality, but in moderation it would be fine. I'm absolutely not telling anybody not to use the store or that I'm better than they are because they used it. I'm sure Cripey could beat me in any quest even if I had everything in the store and he had nothing.

Just don't try to deny it's P2W, nobody believes it and you just look like an idiot.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #59 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 7:50pm:
Actually...

Every meta build relies on Aasimar, Tiefling, Dragonborn, Harper, Vistani, Inquisitive, Falcon, FvS, Arti, Druid, Warlock, etc.

If your definition of P2Win now includes pay classes, races, and trees, then that's your call.  The fun thing about P2Win is you can draw the line where ever you want.   And move the goal post around conveniently as needed in internet arguments. 

You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours.  I think the store whinging about HC  is mostly ignorant theory-crying (theory crafting but where you whine about stuff you have no real experience with) by people who haven't actually played on the hard core server. 

I'm done debating it, but feel free to keep posting how your spreadsheet says that the store is super unfair on HC.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #60 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Agree with Rubbinns, if you don’t think the store is P2W you don’t know how to use the items. Healing pots that are LEAGUES more powerful than any other available in the game? 5 hirelings to help you negate any soloing penalties? Even if they are just speed bumps that’s 5 speed bumps before the reaper gets to you. XP pots are debatable sure because questing for favor is capped at 4 levels above, but it’s no question more xp=more levels=more power to not die with. Admitting the store is p2w isnt going to diminish the accomplishments of those who hit 5k favor etc, but to deny it is pretty fucking  stupid.

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 2:13pm:
No, according to https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/507659-Hardcore-League-FAQ

"When the Hardcore League ends on November 15, players will have a limited time to transfer any character from the Hardcore Server to any of the existing DDO servers of their choice - even characters who have died."

So spend up, laddies, your purchases are safe with us!

Yea, no, as someone else said, not going to create another alt that you then have to grind up.  I already have those on live, don't need to start another on HC.  HC toons are throw-aways.  You can replicate everything you did on your P2W maxed out HC toon in a fraction of the time on the live server due to access to twink gear.  HC toons are either ladder toons which won't have value after the ladder ends, or they're cosmetic toons which are just used to unlock the cosmetics (my case).  No one is making a HC character because they think it's the best place to start a new alt that they want to transfer back to live.  Smiley

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:32pm:
P2w is a shitter excuse, there's barely a benefit, just something to whine about.

Says the guy who can't stay at the top of the RXP leader board because he keeps dying, even with all his p2w.  LOL

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #63 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:18pm:
You clearly aren't actually playing on the HC server.   

That's funny because that's exactly what I was thinking about you based on your posts.

Anyone who's spent more than 30 minutes on the HC server knows good and well that the majority of the death announcements are for sub level 10 toons.  Guess where your supposedly minor p2w boosts provide the most benefit? 

The benefits of the p2w stuff have a much more significant impact in the lower heroic levels where the gear is shit and where toons don't have access to T5 enhancements and enough points to fill them.

Once you start moving past the level 10-12 mark, the p2w stuff hits an increasing point of diminishing returns because it gets eclipsed by named gear, reaper points, T5 enhancements, better spells, etc., but as the death announcements on the HC server show, a lot of people struggle in getting past level 10ish, so those benefits could be significant.

And I say this even as someone who's used a small amount of p2w on the HC server.  I bought a heavy fort aug from the NPC with astral shards and a cake when I went unconscious during an earthgrab while soloing at level 8 or so.

The cake is an excellent case in point.   Without that cake, there was a >95% chance the toon would have died.  With the p2w cake, the toon lived.  So yes, even just a simple p2w siberys cake can make the difference between living or dying.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2019 at 1:50pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:01pm
Print Post  

I don't particularly care one way or the other that SSG left the store enabled on the HC server.  I've used a few minor things from it, I'd also be just fine if the store was disabled.  They have to keep the lights on somehow and if milking the whales via the store on the HC server does that, good for SSG and good for all of us. 

I do think it's funny though how the people claiming that p2w doesn't help are the ones who seem to be using quite a bit of it.  It's like they're trying to convince themselves that p2w doesn't help so their egos don't take a hit when they tell people they're "the best".  Some of these morons even put it in their toon's names.

I'd have more respect for them if they just manned up and owned the p2w usage for what it is.  Hell, it's their $$ and and they can spend it however they want.  If the p2w makes the game more fun for them, then it's money well spent but let's call p2w what it is.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:04pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #65 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
It's like they're trying to convince themselves that p2w doesn't help so their egos don't take a hit when they tell people they're "the best".

This, by calling things p2w, you are diminishing their *ahem* "accomplishments". I love watching what follows though. Guys talking about tears while putting on the water works themselves. Just so funny.

Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
'd have more respect for them if they just manned up and owned the p2w usage for what it is.

Dude, respect is a strong word.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #66 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:15pm:
Dude, respect is a strong word.

Despise them slightly less?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #67 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 3:11pm:
Despise them slightly less?

Despise is a pretty strong word too, because you'd actually have to care.

Maybe I would just roll my eyes less? Maybe take some of their comments at face value? I don't know, I've already put too much thought into it...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #68 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
I'm not saying there is zero advantage.   I'm just saying it isn't this massive advantage.   I honestly think we are basically just arguing about where we are on a continuum.   Probably a lot closer together than not.    But over-stating the minor stuff and using to argue against the extremes instead of the actual position.

Just like you can't heal stuipid, you can't buy smarts in the DDO store.   Nor is there any purchase that guarantees a reward (besides dice rolling to cap 20 for the cloak).  All you can buy is a larger margin against outlier events.   Which can allow a smart, prepared player to actually achieve the rewards.   A dumb player will just be spending money and still dying far before they achieve anything. 

Smart play > store advantages on HC.   By far and away.   

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #69 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:24pm:
I'm not saying there is zero advantage.   I'm just saying it isn't this massive advantage.   

The advantage p2w stuff provides is pretty significant in the early levels.  It tapers off in upper heroics and epics. 

It's still p2w though.  Call it what it is, accept it, and own it.  =P

Stop trying to move the goalposts from it's not p2w to well, it's p2w, but p2w won't fix stupid.  That's so obvious it doesn't even warrant being brought up.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:27pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #70 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:44pm:
If you think those give a huge advantage you are drunk.

I was excited and hoping to see good competition on hardcore for the reaper leader boards from the vault, instead we put p2w on the complaint list leader board of the vault ;/

Sorry to interrupt the tears, on with your show!

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe p2w isn't a significant advantage.  After all, I suppose you could make the argument that if p2w was much of an advantage, you'd be doing better. 

Then again, this is coming from someone who keeps using the word best without knowing what it means so your argument is still suspect.

Worse, your best effort was using one of the most currently OP'd, easy-mode builds plus a p2w tree and you only made it to level 14 and 6th place.

Congrats on your p2w average of 24th place accomplishment, sir.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:58pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #71 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:56pm:
Congrats on your p2w average of 24th place accomplishment, sir.

He is probably headed back to spend moar to try to prove you wrong. Well done sir.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:40pm by Slick Stick »  

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #72 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 2:11am
Print Post  
If you cant be good, post about those of us who are. Keep it up.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #73 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Oh shiiit this bug is back?
Now THAT is one bug i would come back to DDO for.

I would run around in harbor on my monk with Shiradi and use the blur buff i think it was?
Back then the best proc was the high damage dealing poison. Even capped players couldn't survive that  Grin Grin Grin

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #74 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:44am:
Good luck with that.   All hirelings do against reaper is act as speed bumps.   Again, spoken like someone who isn't actually playing on HC. 

Again, with the way YOU play, you are saying reaper is either 1 or 10.

But, if you have seen some people in action, they max/emp and chug pots, have the specific gold hirelings that provide certain buffs and send them to their doom endlessly / bug the AI. They min/max the playing level depending on the quest itself.

Do I play it? No
Have I seen people who min/max play it? Yes
Can there be exploits usable on HC? Absolutely

Not spoiled grapes.  Your sound just like SSG personnel who only know one way to play the game (except they play it worse). 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint