Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Ultimate PKing method in hardcore! (Read 11363 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: The Ultimate PKing method in hardcore!
Reply #75 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 2:28am:
Again, with the way YOU play, you are saying reaper is either 1 or 10.

But, if you have seen some people in action, they max/emp and chug pots, have the specific gold hirelings that provide certain buffs and send them to their doom endlessly / bug the AI. They min/max the playing level depending on the quest itself.

Do I play it? No
Have I seen people who min/max play it? Yes
Can there be exploits usable on HC? Absolutely

Not spoiled grapes.  Your sound just like SSG personnel who only know one way to play the game (except they play it worse). 

In theory you are right.   In reality, the experiences of people actually playing on hc and the leaderboard disagree.  The results just aren’t there.  But feel free to base your decision entirely from watching other people play on twitch while sitting on the guild boat.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:24pm:
I'm not saying there is zero advantage.   I'm just saying it isn't this massive advantage.   I honestly think we are basically just arguing about where we are on a continuum.   Probably a lot closer together than not.    But over-stating the minor stuff and using to argue against the extremes instead of the actual position.

Just like you can't heal stuipid, you can't buy smarts in the DDO store.   Nor is there any purchase that guarantees a reward (besides dice rolling to cap 20 for the cloak).  All you can buy is a larger margin against outlier events.   Which can allow a smart, prepared player to actually achieve the rewards.   A dumb player will just be spending money and still dying far before they achieve anything. 

Smart play > store advantages on HC.   By far and away.      

Smart play plus store advantages >> smart play without store advantages

I’m going to die before level 5 no matter what I buy in the store, but a good player with a thicker margin of error afforded to them is going to do a lot better than a good player who has to skate on the razor’s edge.

The part that bothers me most is that I know SSG designs shit to make you want that stuff from the store instead of just letting people run around in game with the stuff people get in game. I’m thinking about the reaper healing penalty plus store healing potions in particular.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Of course I can’t really expect too much from a company who added a new griefing PK bug into their game at the same time as they introduced the permadeath server and didn’t bother to fix it even after a couple of hotfixes/patches.

It’s a shitty thing to do to people either in quests or out of quests, but I dislike SSG even more for
Their part in this than I dislike the griefers

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #78 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:56pm:
Hmm, maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe p2w isn't a significant advantage.  After all, I suppose you could make the argument that if p2w was much of an advantage, you'd be doing better. 

Then again, this is coming from someone who keeps using the word best without knowing what it means so your argument is still suspect.

Worse, your best effort was using one of the most currently OP'd, easy-mode builds plus a p2w tree and you only made it to level 14 and 6th place.

https://i.imgur.com/NgJVN7z.png

https://i.imgur.com/6fh3mFb.png

Congrats on your p2w average of 24th place accomplishment, sir.

Remove your sock. Reveal your true self, faggot. Take a dick in the town square for all to see, let your rainbow freak flag fly and take that whole gay, I'm broke, sub-par game-boy, forum whiner, lag, DDO waaa up your ass sideways. It's what you do best, take it all in so to speak.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #79 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:26pm:
The advantage p2w stuff provides is pretty significant in the early levels.  It tapers off in upper heroics and epics. 

It's still p2w though.  Call it what it is, accept it, and own it.  =P

Stop trying to move the goalposts from it's not p2w to well, it's p2w, but p2w won't fix stupid.  That's so obvious it doesn't even warrant being brought up.

You're a whining faggot. I'll mail you some chalk so you can draw on the street for free. Then you can just draw to win. That should keep you occupied between sucking dick for food. Crybaby.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #80 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:02pm:
You're a whining faggot. I'll mail you some chalk so you can draw on the street for free. Then you can just draw to win. That should keep you occupied between sucking dick for food. Crybaby.

Who hurt you?

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #81 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 2:45am
Print Post  

You're a fucking clown.

I mean honestly, were you his bitch and then he cheated on you? Because that is how you act.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #82 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 2:45am:
I mean honestly, were you his bitch and then he cheated on you? Because that is how you act.

^^

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #83 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:00pm:
Take a dick in the town square for all to see, : Let your rainbow freak flag fly and take that whole gay, I'm broke, sub-par game-boy, forum whiner, lag, DDO waaa up your ass sideways.

Fixed.
Ordinarily I'd say a semi-colon works better, but a semi-colon wouldn't properly fit all of what you're suggesting in this case.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #84 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:00pm:
Remove your sock. Reveal your true self, faggot. Take a dick in the town square for all to see, let your rainbow freak flag fly and take that whole gay, I'm broke, sub-par game-boy, forum whiner, lag, DDO waaa up your ass sideways. It's what you do best, take it all in so to speak.

LOL. 

Seems I struck a nerve.  Good on you for defending your boyfriend's honor though.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #85 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:54pm:
LOL. 

Seems I struck a nerve.  Good on you for defending your boyfriend's honor though.

Reveal yourself, faggot.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #86 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 2:45am:
You're a fucking clown.

Is that how I act, fuckface?

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #87 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 2:23pm:
Fixed.
Ordinarily I'd say a semi-colon works better, but a semi-colon wouldn't properly fit all of what you're suggesting in this case.

Thank you.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint