Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic coming Tree overhauls (Read 2254 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

coming Tree overhauls
Aug 31st, 2019 at 8:39am
Print Post  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: coming Tree overhauls
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Wow, they've really been listening to all the complaints about melee needing more love  Roll Eyes

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 10:39am
Print Post  
i can't see anything

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 10:42am
Print Post  
I think that's the point.  It is sarcastic.  There are no tree overhauls coming.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Bows are fucked. They will never be close to inquisitive. Because Steelstar loves crossbows, and he would have made BE this insane, but Sev told him to put into a new tree that they could sell. Otherwise Artificer would have had the power that a stupid universal tree possess. How do I know this? because I am fucking psychic with incredible intuitive capabilities. I should charge you apologists for these telepathic readings

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Beer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Before you buy, Rub's method involves his index finger and your prostate.

Sock of WonderfulFoppyBint
Stockholm Syndrome victim of the Sock Master
Minion of the Lego-stepper Strake
Defender of Fairy Farts

IP Logged

Beer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 11:45am
Print Post  
We don't call him Rubbins for nuttin.

Changes look good IMO. We just need a FAT inquis nerf imo.

Sorc's trees are garbage---they're being carried by their cast speed and the reaper difficulty changes.

Defender of Fairy Farts

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Design work on Divine Disciple sounds interesting.

I wonder if that means they'll retool the tree to work around your cleric domain and potentially unlock a second domain albeit at level 12/core 18/capstone just to complete the tabletop feeling.

It'd be neat to see DD work around Domains but then again; that'd really shift the paradigm from "FVS are better fighters" to clerics favor with 4 melee domains even if 3 of them suck ass due to War having Holysword.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2019 at 7:33pm by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:54am
Print Post  
I like to see them addressing the SD issue with pally and fighter.    EDF really was a proxy nerf to fighters and pallys.

I also like seeing bows finally get some attention.  That is long long overdue.  THF is also good to see, but I'm just not that into THF.   I would love to see a viable bow build again.  And not a monkcher.   Where you are actually half melee and half bow.  My monkcher was always finding it better to use handwraps when manyshot and 10kstars was on timer.   But that was 5+ years ago. 

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:54am:
I like to see them addressing the SD issue with pally and fighter.    EDF really was a proxy nerf to fighters and pallys.

I'd like to see a general change in the percentage based HP boosts.

Make Class/Enhancement bonus, Racial bonus, and then make EDF a competence/stacking bonus.

That way Fighters, Paladins, and Bears have an actual reason for their HP stances.

Retroactively go back and change Aasimar to being racial bonus and change Renegade Mastermaker to Enhancement and make Falconry unique/stacking.

Set the maximum racial bonus to 10%, Class/Enhancement to 30% (10 per rank/AP point), and EDF to 20% max. Let HP tank min-maxing be based around taking an appropriate racial choice.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:40am:
I'd like to see a general change in the percentage based HP boosts.

Make Class/Enhancement bonus, Racial bonus, and then make EDF a competence/stacking bonus.

That way Fighters, Paladins, and Bears have an actual reason for their HP stances.

Retroactively go back and change Aasimar to being racial bonus and change Renegade Mastermaker to Enhancement and make Falconry unique/stacking.

Set the maximum racial bonus to 10%, Class/Enhancement to 30% (10 per rank/AP point), and EDF to 20% max. Let HP tank min-maxing be based around taking an appropriate racial choice.

I agree that cleaning up the bonus types makes sense.   All the class ones are one type.   The race ones are one type.   Universal Trees, Epic Feats, Gear/Filigrees, and ED's (if any exist) are each a unique stacking type.   That's a structure that makes sense.

IP Logged

Beer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
It pisses me off to no end that Asamir are hardier than Dwarves

Defender of Fairy Farts

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Beer wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:15pm:
It pisses me off to no end that Asamir are hardier than Dwarves

The dwarf tree needs an overhaul.   Badly.   I'm not a fan of Dwarves, but that one just doesn't cut it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:43am
Print Post  
The Dwarf Tree has neat ideas, they are just dated and poorly implemented.

Throw Your Weight Around needs to pair with a con to hit ability to not be a trap. Also get rid of the 8 pts in weapon training prereq.

Stand like Stone is basically flavor text as is. It makes no sense as an action boost. Make it a toggle and move it down a tier.

Child of the Mountain should grant at least as much HP as Aasimar. Make it 3%/6%/10%, get rid of the reflex penalty, reduce the cost to 1ap per rank, and move it up a tier.

Dwarf Fortress, if it's going to sit at the top of the tree, should changed to 1 rank and be buffed. Maybe 10% damage + 10% AC + some MRR?

Shield mastery is great if you're going to use a shield, but should probably cost 1ap per rank.

If the cores are just going to be HP instead of something interesting, they should be more like 20hp per.

Iron Stomach should be updated to be the same as (or more like) Liquid Courage from Kensei

Great as is: Armor Mastery for anyone wearing armor, Tactics for melees, Hands of Stone for casters.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Dwarf does have some nice flavor in it.  I didn’t mean that I don’t like what they are trying to do.  I agree with you that they need to adjust costs and values to be more current with the game today.   Dwarf should be competitive choice on tank, vanguard, and heavy armor thf or twf builds. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:43am:
The Dwarf Tree has neat ideas, they are just dated and poorly implemented.

Throw Your Weight Around needs to pair with a con to hit ability to not be a trap. Also get rid of the 8 pts in weapon training prereq.

Stand like Stone is basically flavor text as is. It makes no sense as an action boost. Make it a toggle and move it down a tier.

Child of the Mountain should grant at least as much HP as Aasimar. Make it 3%/6%/10%, get rid of the reflex penalty, reduce the cost to 1ap per rank, and move it up a tier.

Dwarf Fortress, if it's going to sit at the top of the tree, should changed to 1 rank and be buffed. Maybe 10% damage + 10% AC + some MRR?

Shield mastery is great if you're going to use a shield, but should probably cost 1ap per rank.

If the cores are just going to be HP instead of something interesting, they should be more like 20hp per.

Iron Stomach should be updated to be the same as (or more like) Liquid Courage from Kensei

Great as is: Armor Mastery for anyone wearing armor, Tactics for melees, Hands of Stone for casters.

Good ideas. We will get these in the new iconic dwarf they sell us.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Good ideas. We will get these in the new iconic dwarf they sell us.

And ensure 3/4 of them are bugged and don't work as described.  But hey, the descriptions will sound nice and sell the iconic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint