Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Post ED/wolf nerf/inq DPS tiers (Read 3396 times)
Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Post ED/wolf nerf/inq DPS tiers
Reply #25 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Luckily enough inquisitive will be available for points soon so expect a nerf shortly after.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Post ED/wolf nerf/inq DPS tiers
Reply #26 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:46pm:
Also, ask most players which path to choose and they will choose light over dark. The utility and damage from dark monk exceeds light monk healing.  Karmic Strike and Freezing the Lifeblood are amazeballs.

The real problem here was the enhancement pass. Back in the day dark monks were far more common; why? Because they weren't shoehorned into using the worst weapons in the fucking game by shortsighted design, aka; kamas and shortswords.

If ninja spy had ever gotten updated to include centering other weapons that Monks strangely have proficiencies with (Handaxes, Daggers, etc.). Hell, do you know how Vistani got dagger centering? Me bitching about ninja spy for years and bringing it up in the PC.

That aside, I've love to go back to the old days when your monk path wasn't heavily tied to your PrE and you certainly didn't find yourself fucked over weapon wise (IE: Having to spend a majority of AP in Shintao to make handwraps not suck) or being stuck with lame ass quarterstaffs as a Henshin or Shortswords as a Ninja Spy.

I mean seriously Ninja Spy literally exists for Shadow Veil, Advanced Ninja Training for Shuriken, and Sting of the Ninja. It might be the worst tree over all in my opinion, and there are some real stinkers still floating about.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2019 at 2:28am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint