Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exp fluctuation tab (Read 2293 times)
Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Exp fluctuation tab
Sep 8th, 2019 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Hi. This thing has been bothering me a while since I came back. Asked a friend in game and he had no idea as he only cares about the exp he gets at end quest. To put it briefly, I noticed that the tab listing the exp goes crazy during quests and not in the good way. Some of the oddities I have experienced

After a few seconds/couple of minutes at most, the exp shown in the tab is reduced a little bit. Tried various configurations both with and without hireling. Never tried in a group as I'm running a solo life. When a bonus should be added such as ransack, vandal, conquest, observance, etc I notice that the exp is actually lower instead of being higher. After a while it gets back a little

Very, very often I find the exp tab unreliable and only good to get a general idea of how much exp I'm going to be awarded at end quest. Anyone else noticed this or it's just me?
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2019 at 2:44pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Re: Exp fluctuation tab
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
I have noticed this as well. I chalk it up to SSG coding.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2019 at 2:51pm by Dr_tank2vich »  

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
In my experience Daily Playthrough shows briefly then disappears along with its bonus, until completion when its correctly applied.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:13pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
It's been like that for a looong time.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:11pm:
In my experience Daily Playthrough shows briefly then disappears along with its bonus, until completion when its correctly applied.

This, I think, but I haven't played for quite a while.

Seems to come back in the xp window when you complete a quest objective, then goes away when you start a new one. 

Again, I haven't played in a while, this could be some entirely new fuckery.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:01am
Print Post  
I ignore the window, it's always wrong.  All that matters is how much you end up with at the end. 

And who is leading the kill count if anyone is being a dick.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Awake people
Only thing is work fine on ddo is the store and to be honest i m not sure even for this anymore Grin
Xp window is like this for 3-4 years and are so useless to fix it
Trees are broken
Exploits that blame players
Lag and frozen windows
Items are lost after trs
Lost a toon once and never was able to recover at the end stoped answer to my tickets
Ladder bag
The new permadeath fiasco with the killing bag
The online support if you need them on a quest takes 3-4 Hours to hit you and you loose or your pots at that time
The same time that allowed players to run the last 4 years with 50% xp pot from a huge exploit usage including me Grin they are milking and selling xp pots to the rest of the player data base that trying to catch the rest of as Grin Grin Grin
Ok there would be insane to ban again players for a fault programming,also they cant cause more than the half data base used it but at they are not even capable to remove all those pots,we are talking for a absolute shittie company, totally useless to create or fix anything, cant create normal graphic game for our days cant create content only some half an hour quests every 4 months and if you are lucky once a year you take 10 quests that name them expansion and ask for 100 dolars for 3 hours gameplay when new games selling for 30-50 dollars Grin or other mmo gives expansions real big and on half price
Last time logged before 7 days to kill a player on hardcore and i m just reading every day ddo vault to make my day
I m wondering what you guys have on your heads and still playing that game,no self respect at all??????

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:55pm:
It's been like that for a looong time.

I have been gone for a looong time  Smiley

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed this

kum-gulp wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:11pm:

Uhh, this makes sense. Gotta say though, I'm surprised by how much the game has progressed in terms of quests and new mechanics in over 2 years of absence but got literally no QoL changes as there are still all the others glitches and bug ranging from auto showing the mask, the permanently fucked up quest list, writing any name in the "look who is online" in order to properly see names in the lfm. Gosh....

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:22am
Print Post  
I noticed back in the day that you could get ransack in What Goes Up pretty early on, but then it would always drop offafter you zoned to the outside area.

I always figured that it was only tallying based on the % that you got on the inside area until you zoned, then it was recalculated reflecting the complete total when you zoned outside.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:51am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:22am:
I noticed back in the day that you could get ransack in What Goes Up pretty early on, but then it would always drop offafter you zoned to the outside area.

I always figured that it was only tallying based on the % that you got on the inside area until you zoned, then it was recalculated reflecting the complete total when you zoned outside.

Beyond the Rift is similar.

You get some level of breaking stuff (might be the Vandal bonus) in the Demonweb but as soon as you step through the portal to the Underdark, your breakable counter goes back to zero.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:22am:

It's the same with trapping.

Prove Your Worth is a good example.  You can disable all the traps in the first half of the mission and get Ingenious bonus.  As soon as you get to the fire jets and snare traps room and spawn those traps, the bonus level drops back down until you disable a bunch of the traps in there.

Not sure if the actual xp granted changes along with the listing of the bonus level in the xp window or not.

IP Logged

teeuser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
mog wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:02am:
Awake people
Only thing is work fine on ddo is the store and to be honest i m not sure even for this anymore Grin
Xp window is like this for 3-4 years and are so useless to fix it
Trees are broken
Exploits that blame players
Lag and frozen windows
Items are lost after trs
Lost a toon once and never was able to recover at the end stoped answer to my tickets
Ladder bag
The new permadeath fiasco with the killing bag
The online support if you need them on a quest takes 3-4 Hours to hit you and you loose or your pots at that time
The same time that allowed players to run the last 4 years with 50% xp pot from a huge exploit usage including me Grin they are milking and selling xp pots to the rest of the player data base that trying to catch the rest of as Grin Grin Grin
Ok there would be insane to ban again players for a fault programming,also they cant cause more than the half data base used it but at they are not even capable to remove all those pots,we are talking for a absolute shittie company, totally useless to create or fix anything, cant create normal graphic game for our days cant create content only some half an hour quests every 4 months and if you are lucky once a year you take 10 quests that name them expansion and ask for 100 dolars for 3 hours gameplay when new games selling for 30-50 dollars Grin or other mmo gives expansions real big and on half price
Last time logged before 7 days to kill a player on hardcore and i m just reading every day ddo vault to make my day
I m wondering what you guys have on your heads and still playing that game,no self respect at all??????

ah looked who I stumbled across during my monthly reading of "The Vault", if it isn't my dear friend Eulogison.

I could recognize the retardedness in these written sentences from miles away. I admit, it took some small effort to deduce your identity from your new and perfectly thought-out name, alas it seems you have been kind to us and allowed us a chance to succeed in our deductions by changing only 1 of the letters in your name...
How thoughtful of you.

It seems that after all you have changed your opinion on the state of the game and the devs or perhaps, now that you no longer care, you finally decided to openly express all that you already knew was true.
Perhaps the landing of that earlier ban on your buttocks might have allowed you some off-time, away from DDO, to use a handful of your brain-cells and lead you to the conclusion that you were indeed misstreated by big bad SSG.

And now the other handful of your operating brain-cells thought it wise to take "revenge" from the evil SSG, by revealing even more exploits for them to fiddle with.
You know that, had we wanted to, we could have already disclosed a thorough explanation on how to recreate almost all of the game's exploits at that time.

It's ironic how the devs propably still spend more time reading The Vault with a magnifying glass trying to fish out clues, than their own pathetic forums.
At one time did we mention Lines of Supply and they rushed immediately to shut-down the quest and scanned it for days to find a clue, which being Turdbin they of course didn't find anything related to the exploit and instead nerfed some optionals, calling it a day. Sounds like Turdbin alright.

I supposed you never thought of that, of the current players who merely wanted a small, unethical advantage over their fellow players. We could start a new exploit-gifting event if that's what this is all about, but I saw a few  Lips Sealed faces after reading that rather revealing post of yours and that made me sad..  Sad

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Hey little dick head Grin
You discovered me o noooo
Now read carefully ,it took you some time to understand i m hog?strange cause if you search my posts from the begining with this name i say my self that i m hog idiot but you need brain for this, true?
I m sorry dear but I don't fucking know the eulogison,i m simply hog
And what ban are you talking?look for the same posts tonsee that i am active the past 3 years with out a break,first 2 years with hog and then from 2018 with mog cause mod here blocks my hog account
Also i dont fucking care if the devs close all the game to fix it ,to be honest they cant fix anything thats why i post my exploits here,so people can see what clowns are paying
And last one
Who the fucking are you? Grin
Really now next time if you want to blame someone or to look smarr read his posts first cause you look idiot, never hide i m hog,now go to sleep lady
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:28am by mog »  

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Who cares if the devs find one of the current exoits. At every patch they create the opportunity for new ones. Words escape me to describe the level of incompetence of these fucktards.
And reading the Vault would be the only way they can find them because they sure as shit can't play worth a damn or test their own product. Fuckin losers.

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 8:12pm:
Who cares if the devs find one of the current exoits. At every patch they create the opportunity for new ones. Words escape me to describe the level of incompetence of these fucktards.
And reading the Vault would be the only way they can find them because they sure as shit can't play worth a damn or test their own product. Fuckin losers.

This!!!

IP Logged

teeuser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
mog wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 7:17pm:
Hey little dick head Grin
You discovered me o noooo
Now read carefully ,it took you some time to understand i m hog?strange cause if you search my posts from the begining with this name i say my self that i m hog idiot but you need brain for this, true?
I m sorry dear but I don't fucking know the eulogison,i m simply hog
And what ban are you talking?look for the same posts tonsee that i am active the past 3 years with out a break,first 2 years with hog and then from 2018 with mog cause mod here blocks my hog account
Also i dont fucking care if the devs close all the game to fix it ,to be honest they cant fix anything thats why i post my exploits here,so people can see what clowns are paying
And last one
Who the fucking are you? Grin
Really now next time if you want to blame someone or to look smarr read his posts first cause you look idiot, never hide i m hog,now go to sleep lady

oh dear, I forgot they don't teach you sarcasm in kindergarten. Too bad you need only one hand to count the level of your IQ, perhaps you'd have finished school otherwise and then I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of explaining all this to you.

Well the fun was finding the exploits after every patch so I've certainly missed a number of them after all this time, but seeing as they still didn't know about the saga exploit after so long.. I'd rather not know how much of a messed up exploit-fest the game has become.
I'm guessing harmless things like instant recall/levers, double-casting spells, stances, skipping wilderness, crossbows, soul-stones, re-using tomes, and whatever other shit we used to do that I can't remember now must have turned into ordinary DDO activities, happily shared among pugs in party chat.

I remember once feeling bad for newbs who thought it possible to even catch-up.. poor suckers. What a mess this game has become..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint