Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for updated centered greataxe build (Read 1764 times)
Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Looking for updated centered greataxe build
Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:29am
Print Post  
So I decided to try DDO again (don't ask me why) and I have a character almost ready for TR. In the past i've had a lot of fun with the centered cleaver build. After some searching I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/6kzzsv/thf_dwarf_12_fighter6_monk2_paladin...

But that buid is 2 years old by now and I have no idea if the level split is any good (the DDO reddit doesn't have a great track record). I'm mainly looking for something fun during heroics that'll still be able to contribute in endgame epic (not necessairily on r10). Does anyone have anything lying around?

IP Logged

Dohhv
Korthos Resident

Still trying to find the
ruler of Cannith

Re: Looking for updated centered greataxe build
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:29am:
So I decided to try DDO again (don't ask me why) and I have a character almost ready for TR. In the past i've had a lot of fun with the centered cleaver build. After some searching I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/6kzzsv/thf_dwarf_12_fighter6_monk2_paladin...

But that buid is 2 years old by now and I have no idea if the level split is any good (the DDO reddit doesn't have a great track record). I'm mainly looking for something fun during heroics that'll still be able to contribute in endgame epic (not necessairily on r10). Does anyone have anything lying around?

5 Foot Step has some pretty badass builds located here http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1484933111

I came, I saw, I abruptly left.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Dohhv wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:40am:
5 Foot Step has some pretty badass builds located here http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1484933111

Thanks. There's some good looking stuff there that I might try. No centered fighters unfortunately. I looked up the old cleaver build but that seems horribly outdated. I might try to update that to the current game.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Probably just gear updates from Sharn.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 10:02am
Print Post  
THF isn't in style right now. If you want to THF anyway, the best way to do it is probably 14 Cleric of Silvanus/6 Fighter (Maul) or 20 Pally (Blackrazor) or 20 Barb (whatever) [there's a post somewhere about converting my barb build to THF]. There's probably a viable stick build somewhere out there too, but I've been avoiding putting any work in that direction.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Unless you're a wolf, two-handed fighting is shit.

IP Logged

Makk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
How about TWF centered Kensai builds?  Could that still work? (I need some monk past lives, and have some +5 hearts I could use prior to the TR to make Monk the main... for some reason I’m feeling reluctant to go full monk for a TR as I’ve never played one)

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 3:07am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 10:02am:
THF isn't in style right now. If you want to THF anyway, the best way to do it is probably 14 Cleric of Silvanus/6 Fighter (Maul) or 20 Pally (Blackrazor) or 20 Barb (whatever) [there's a post somewhere about converting my barb build to THF]. There's probably a viable stick build somewhere out there too, but I've been avoiding putting any work in that direction.

Sad to hear it. I always enjoyed THF before and I have some pretty nice gear for it lying around. Guess I'll look for something else fun that's still viable.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Makk wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:22pm:
How about TWF centered Kensai builds?  Could that still work? (I need some monk past lives, and have some +5 hearts I could use prior to the TR to make Monk the main... for some reason I’m feeling reluctant to go full monk for a TR as I’ve never played one)

"Work" is a pretty low bar. Any of this stuff can get completions. That's "working" IMO. What people are arguing about is the meta. What is optimal. Whatever is slightly less than optimal (in their opinion) they will deem "shit."

So TWF centered Kensei? Yeah, you could make that work. Centered Tempest would surely be a step up though, if you can't bear not splashing monk.
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2019 at 9:40am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint