Poll
Poll closed Question: ddo classic server??
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Total votes: 59
« Last Modified by: mrpoopiebutthole on: Sep 19th, 2019 at 9:30pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Classic server for ddo (Read 3408 times)
mrpoopiebutthole
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Classic server for ddo
Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
back to lvl 10 or "Sit tf down, stupid idea"

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Classic server for ddo
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Not seeing boobs or donuts as options...

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Dumb idea.  I'd still roll up a character, assuming it's available to Premium. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Beer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
change it so we can see how everyone else is voting

Sock of WonderfulFoppyBint
Stockholm Syndrome victim of the Sock Master
Minion of the Lego-stepper Strake
Defender of Fairy Farts

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Not a fan of this concept.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
That's going to have to be a hard pass for me.

IP Logged

Druidica
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Donuts
I think the lv cap of 20 would be a beter idea tbh

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31am
Print Post  
ShockedSo...the levels are the problem? Not the fucking repeatable quests every Life? If the level cap change to 10 you will stop play water works and every other repeatable quest every Life?
I dont care if i tr to 10 or 20 or 30, i want content to stop tr
Can level go to 30 or 50 or 100?or 10? Cool as they can give me content,i want content,quests weapons and end game that this shit cant give as,new pack they sayd,ooo 6 new quests ok 2 hours of gameplay x5 till you get everything you need and then go to hell on the repeatable wheel
That game is dead,they will never had a really huge upgrade on quest numbers and for that reason will never have end game,the style of this game and the stupid developers does not allow this
So good luck on the unlimited trs on water works high roads wheloon and other boring quests what ever your cap level is 10 or 20
9 years from 2010 i play every week the same quests,incan run them with closed eyes,its so bored that even a 10 seconds delay from what ever reason inside a quest its pain,its like a job right now and not entertainment, normally games you want to keep more,here is like my job,i want to step out of each quest as fast as possible,you can't say this is entertainment
Even great ravenloft is now boring
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:34am by mog »  

IP Logged

mrpoopiebutthole
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Druidica wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 11:51pm:
I think the lv cap of 20 would be a beter idea tbh

Actually this is a better idea

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 4:22am
Print Post  
It could be fun to optimize for level 10.

Most crit expansions would be unavailable, except Kensai and Swash.

Improved Crit only for pureish melee characters.

Bard 4 / Fighter 6 / Forgotten Axe would have some seriously obscene crit profile, compared to the rest. I like it! Smiley

THF folks would have SOS, so that could be respectable as well.

Warlocks would have tentacles.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 8:24am
Print Post  
mog wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31am:
ShockedSo...the levels are the problem? Not the fucking repeatable quests every Life? If the level cap change to 10 you will stop play water works and every other repeatable quest every Life?

Sir, might i suggest Hello Kitty Online? I heard it's less repetetive.
Seriously though, enlighten me with a mmorpg that keeps you hooked for years and does not make you think it is a job...

It's all about the grind these days.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 9:53am
Print Post  
mrpoopiebutthole wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:47am:
Actually this is a better idea

Seriously, this is too easy.

- Cap 20
- Turn Epic and Legendary quests into Heroic, or alternatively make them level 20 only and debloat the mobs' HP (keep their damage)
- Turn Epic and Legendary loot into Heroic.
- Remove Epic Destinies, or nerf them to Heroic standards.
- Reaper can gtfo.
- Loot overhaul. Make weapon type important again and weapon enhancements rarer.
- Make plat, brokers and AH valuable again.
- The devils invasion never happened. Bring back the Marketplace Bazaar tent!
- Bring back XP penalty on death with the addition quests' XP does not ransack, but only when you have negative XP. This way you are able to get back the XP lost easy by repeating your favorite quests.
- Remove quest level lock. Let low levels join high levels and vice versa but give XP penalty. Purely for fun.
- Permanent buddy bonus, but a slightly nerfed version. For grouping enticement.
- Make creating a guild a Premium or payed feature. Make it expensive. To avoid guild fragmentation and bring back guild alliances.

Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 9:56am
Print Post  
See old players come back very quick

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Sorry but people get nostalgic for "the old days" without remembering how bored you were in the old days due to lack of content and things to do.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 11:28am
Print Post  
where are the Beer, Bacon and Cheese options ( I saw that the Donuts one has been added and I'm dubious about the boob one )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Beer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 11:28am:
where are the Beer, Bacon and Cheese options ( I saw that the Donuts one has been added and I'm dubious about the boob one )

OP clearly can't be American or French. Must be some fucking humorless German.

Sock of WonderfulFoppyBint
Stockholm Syndrome victim of the Sock Master
Minion of the Lego-stepper Strake
Defender of Fairy Farts

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
mog wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31am:
I dont care if i tr to 10 or 20 or 30, i want content to stop tr
Can level go to 30 or 50 or 100?or 10? Cool as they can give me content,i want content,quests weapons and end game that this shit cant give as,new pack they sayd,ooo 6 new quests ok 2 hours of gameplay x5 till you get everything you need and then go to hell on the repeatable wheel
That game is dead,they will never had a really huge upgrade on quest numbers and for that reason will never have end game,the style of this game and the stupid developers does not allow this
So good luck on the unlimited trs on water works high roads wheloon and other boring quests what ever your cap level is 10 or 20
9 years from 2010 i play every week the same quests,incan run them with closed eyes,its so bored that even a 10 seconds delay from what ever reason inside a quest its pain,its like a job right now and not entertainment, normally games you want to keep more,here is like my job,i want to step out of each quest as fast as possible,you can't say this is entertainment
Even great ravenloft is now boring

There are so many quests to pick from now. Just running quests 1 time each, without exp pot, you can still get to 20 and skip ~190 or so quests by time you cap.  I counted the number of skipped quests by time I hit 12 a few lives back and it was 108 quests. Did not count by time I hit 20, so the 82 quests skipped between 12 and 20 is just a guess, with stuff like High Road chain, Druid Chain, Stormhorns chains, Wheloon chain, the 3 or 4 madness chains, etc that many skip 1-20.

Also, if you are bored with DDO, go check out the other games forum for recommendations... Many other games to play.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #17 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Played other MMOs that tried the classic gimmick. They all end up failing.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
What?  You don't want to go back to when the cap was 16, and relive the days of 10 alts running shrouds back to back to back.. those were good days but...

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #19 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:56am:
Sorry but people get nostalgic for "the old days" without remembering how bored you were in the old days due to lack of content and things to do.

I think it's partly imagining how awesome the game could have been if they'd spent the time actually adding content instead of dicking around with systems they're just going to abandon or rules they're just going to reverse, or new levels that just spread the playerbase ever thinner.

If DDO had kept the level spread, rules, etc. of the game when it capped at 20 and just added content, we'd have a ton of relevant content and a thriving game.

Oh well, at least some devs got some nice resume padding to help hide the stain of working for a company that ran 2 of the most valuable fantasy IPs into the ground  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #20 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 9:53am:

- Cap 20
- Turn Epic and Legendary quests into Heroic, or alternatively make them level 20 only and debloat the mobs' HP (keep their damage)
- Reaper can gtfo.
- Loot overhaul. Make weapon type important again and weapon enhancements rarer.
- Bring back XP penalty on death with the addition quests' XP does not ransack, but only when you have negative XP. This way you are able to get back the XP lost easy by repeating your favorite quests.
- Remove quest level lock. Let low levels join high levels and vice versa but give XP penalty. Purely for fun.
- Permanent buddy bonus, but a slightly nerfed version. For grouping enticement.
- Make creating a guild a Premium or payed feature. Make it expensive. To avoid guild fragmentation and bring back guild alliances.

I'd play that.

I disagree on making forming a guild expensive, and I'm not sure about some of the other things you've mentioned, but even with that I know I'd play it.

But I also know it will never happen, they're too lazy to revisit just the XP for the least run quests, there is no way they'd put in the effort to scale all the epic quests down. They're content to shamble from whale to docile whale with a pail, they're not going to put any real effort into saving the game.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 12:56pm:

FWIW: EverQuest has got the right formula with time-locked progression servers.  Aside from one oddball ruleset, they've been a financial and community success.

ETA: Not an endorsement of a classic DDO server.  I think that's a stupid idea.  Also, don't need more reasons for people to leave my server for another like hardcore.  It's already painful enough to raid, RXP and get EPLs with the few people not playing hardcore.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:39pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 9:53am:

- Cap 20
- Reaper can gtfo.

Your ideas are stupid and bad and make me suspect you suck at the game for even considering them.  You probably smell bad too.

Grand wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08am:
I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #23 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 12:56pm:

Everquest is doing well enough with their progression servers. I played on one of the Timelocked Progression and my guild would have 3 60 man raids going most nights through Plane of Knowledge era.  I got burned out though and came back to DDO.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #24 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:00pm:
Your ideas are stupid and bad and make me suspect you suck at the game for even considering them.  You probably smell bad too.

Not gonna lie, i sucked at the game until cap was raised to 25 (i played since cap was 10 or 12) because i never payed attention to mechanics, class and enhancement synergies. PVP got me into min-maxing right before cap got raised to 28. I polished my skills, did extensive research on synergies. Made new lots of friends after that cause people liked to have me in their party. Should say enough.

Now because of Reaper i suck again.
But then, who fucking cares about being good in this game which lost gameplay quality since Unlimited dropped and is slowly dying anyway  Wink

Pre-Unlimited were the golden days. Sucky players were more tolerated than now and there were more players.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint