Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Devs head up his own arse (Read 12803 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Devs head up his own arse
Reply #50 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
HelloKitty wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:35pm:
You guys were the ones that said that the kobold beatdown represented real gameplay and should be taken seriously.

If I take the kobold beatdown's seriously, then after looking at it I see that if they reverted back to 3 second cooldown per stack of debuff (prr/mrr/vulnerability) as per original balance of vulnerability then that would properly balance inquisitor. It would remain a safer gameplay, with the appropriate dps for that gameplay.

Now you don't want me to take the kobold beatdown seriously?

Besides, let's be honest, ranged needs to remain safer for weaker players to have a spot to fit in groups. Once you eliminate the obvious solution "make the game harder for ranged" then what is left is to nerf the kobold beatdown. And, when you really look at it, you can wreck that kobold beatdown with a simple already implemented for normal vulnerability ICD, while having minimal or even no effect at all on non-raid geared weaker players.

Just swap the code over to a few other debuffs and you are done in 30 minutes.

Nerfing the debuffs lowers the skill ceiling whereas making the game harder raises it. I would prefer the latter. ALSO. Ranged is cancer. <3

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

HelloKitty
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Swapping weapons causes lag, especially sentient weapons.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:53pm by HelloKitty »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #52 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
HelloKitty wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:52pm:

So does the new fianl quest, and deathwyrm, but they're all in the game. Sentient weapons causing lag is a problem of sentient weapons NOT of weapon swapping. Lord. What kinda glue you gobbin on?
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 7:27pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #53 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
HelloKitty wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:52pm:

Thanks for stopping by The Vault, Lynn.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

HelloKitty
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuM19P0Sznc

Is that really the continuous small freezes you want for gameplay? And then to promote making it worse by having everyone do it every few seconds?
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:33pm by HelloKitty »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
HelloKitty wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:27pm:

Is that really the continuous small freezes you want for gameplay? And then to promote making it worse by having everyone do it every few seconds?

There is a global one second item delay now for any and all swaps. It was placed there by the dev team to try and counter the weapon swapping performed when reusing saga rewards infinitely. Then after SSG deleted every one, they still kept the one second global delay. You used to be able to swap weapons instantly before. You're also a faggot.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:48pm:
Nerfing the debuffs

Nerfing the debuffs still keeps inquisitive unnerfed. The problem is not the debuffs and the kobold dummy. It is the amount of dps inquis can deal. By removing the debuff, you remove the debuff for every one, not just ranged dps. So it brings us back to right here where we are again. The inquisitive is the problem. Nerf its doubleshot chances by 50%.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #57 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:01pm
Print Post  

How do I get that dope character background?

IP Logged

Tempesthawk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:01pm:
How do I get that dope character background?

I think that one is Cosmos
https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=37
Good instructions on how-to
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/315299-BlackBird-New-Skin-for-DDO
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:33pm by Tempesthawk »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #59 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Tempesthawk wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:33pm:

Cheers, it was indeed cosmos
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:41pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 12:25am
Print Post  

OMFG... you're Tilo on a sock. It all makes sense now. You just posted your nerf dust post from here on mobos using your Tilo account, and you posted your rogue TA staff screenshots from your FOTW Update 43 thread off of here.

Dude, that is some desperate lengths to go through after deleting all your posts here. Why come back now?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #61 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Before the ED pass, my inquisitive build was about the same dps as my shuri build, but way squishier. I haven't made a proper comparison since then, but I suspect shuri gained more by switching to SD than what inquisitive gained.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #62 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 11:16am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 23rd, 2019 at 10:57am:
Before the ED pass, my inquisitive build was about the same dps as my shuri build, but way squishier. I haven't made a proper comparison since then, but I suspect shuri gained more by switching to SD than what inquisitive gained.

I’d ask to have what you’re smoking, but I live in a state where it’s legal.

So just. Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....You high?

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 11:45am
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Sep 23rd, 2019 at 11:16am:
I’d ask to have what you’re smoking, but I live in a state where it’s legal.

So just. Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....You high?

Not all inquisitive builds are the same.  Is baseline inquisitive the problem, or is the problem when you start adding rogue sneak attack adders?  The law die damage scales 200% with ranged power, the sneak attack damage scales 150% with ranged power, and inquisitive provides better attacks per second for applying both.

A 15 arti Inq build (for tac det) or a build with tons of Favored Soul for healing or fighter for feats wouldn't get that extra damage.

Honest question, is a non rogue inquisitive build all that far outside DPS output of an optimized wolf build, for example.  How much does the sneak attack damage from a 16/4 or 18/2 build add to overall DPS?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #64 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Honest question, is a non rogue inquisitive build all that far outside DPS output of an optimized wolf build, for example.  How much does the sneak attack damage from a 16/4 or 18/2 build add to overall DPS?

You can basically take 8 levels of  shit as a PL and still be amazeballs. From personal experience. The rogue SA is an additive source of damage---not a multiplier like a dust weapon.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2019 at 12:47pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #65 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
crsm3423 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2019 at 11:45am:
Not all inquisitive builds are the same.  Is baseline inquisitive the problem, or is the problem when you start adding rogue sneak attack adders?  The law die damage scales 200% with ranged power, the sneak attack damage scales 150% with ranged power, and inquisitive provides better attacks per second for applying both.

A 15 arti Inq build (for tac det) or a build with tons of Favored Soul for healing or fighter for feats wouldn't get that extra damage.

I understand the point you’re trying to make but comparing dps optimized vs nonoptimized is like comparing an SUV to a quarter mile car. They serve two different purposes, so using a single metric of 0-60 (DPS) doesn’t help clarify OP-ness. Unless of course the SUV is getting the same 0-60 time as the quarter mile car...then there might be some issues.

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #66 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 3:25am
Print Post  
crsm3423 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2019 at 11:45am:

It’s baseline inquisitive.

The inquisitive style is actually a bug to be honest. What is actually happening is these builds are getting a combination of uncapped doubleshot, and that doubleshot applying to both hands. It streams from doubleshot not being made for a twf style like inquisitive as all ranged builds, up until now have only used one weapon.

The only thing that compares to the style of inquisitives is repeaters, but repeaters only get 33% benefit from DS because of this very issue. A repeater build with 10% alacrity actually fires at the same rate as an inquisitive with 30% alacrity, I’d assume a repeater with the epic feat would actually fire faster than an inquisitive, my toon is only lvl 18 however. The key is that while repeaters fire at roughly the same rate, if not faster than inquisitive style, Inquisitices get 3x more benefit from DS.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2019 at 4:07am by acidpickachu »  

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #67 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Also, inquisitors Fire 75% faster than a GXB if both builds have the T5 30% alacrity in their respective trees. Doubleshot would massively increase that gap.

With only the T5 alacrity from mechanic/inquisitive my time’s to fire 500 bolts were:

Inquisitive: 3:19
GXB: 5:44
Repeater: 3:15

Inquisitives are basically repeaters without the DS restriction, or GXBs with 2x DS.

Steel is high off his rocker if he thinks GXB, or even repeater, compare to inquisitive.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2019 at 3:45am by acidpickachu »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #68 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 11:45am
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Sep 24th, 2019 at 3:29am:
Also, inquisitors Fire 75% faster than a GXB if both builds have the T5 30% alacrity in their respective trees. Doubleshot would massively increase that gap.

With only the T5 alacrity from mechanic/inquisitive my time’s to fire 500 bolts were:

Inquisitive: 3:19
GXB: 5:44
Repeater: 3:15

Inquisitives are basically repeaters without the DS restriction, or GXBs with 2x DS.

Steel is high off his rocker if he thinks GXB, or even repeater, compare to inquisitive.

100 hours maaaaaaan

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #69 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 24th, 2019 at 11:45am:
100 hours maaaaaaan

I wish I would get payed to do nothing for 100 hours.

What do devs get payed?

Even if it was $20 per hour, that’s $2k

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #70 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Also, I’ve been visualizing the DS factors a little backwards.

The best way to think about it is if doublestrike has never been split into main and offhand values.

Inquisitive is what twf would be if they only had one DS value apply to both hands, and that DS value could go over 100, and if you had roughly 1.5x worth of the SA die a 20 rogue would get  in a universal tree, and if they had ips, annnnnd I’m digressing again.

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Sep 24th, 2019 at 12:56pm:
I wish I would get payed to do nothing for 100 hours.

What do devs get payed?

Even if it was $20 per hour, that’s $2k

It kinda floors me that they would think that 100 hours to play-test and balance a new tree is excessive rather than what it really is, which is grossly insufficient.

100 hours is 1 person for 2.5 weeks.  That's 1 trip to 30?  How many builds can you test in that time?  How many combos of gear?  Through how many level ranges?  Where are power inflection points?

100 hours is nothing to test and balance a full universal tree.  They don't know what they're doing from a balance perspective.  They put out a build that's overperforming, then rather than dial back the problem mechanic, they nerf the core of the class.  Monks are overperforming?  Let's just take weapon die away from them!  Do we take it from the new gear we put out?  Fuck no, we'll take it from heroics.  Druids are overperforming.  Do we adjust attack speed bonuses based on the type of weapon being used?  Fuck no, we'll just lower attack speed from level 2 to 12, including the speed in forms that are never used at cap.

Watch them nerf artificers and mechanics to bring inquisitives back into line...

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #72 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
The Knockdown effect from GXB is quite valuable, especially when you can do it on rolls of 20 AND 19 when using the Mechanic tree.

Not sure how to factor that in when comparing with Inquisitive.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #73 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 24th, 2019 at 2:03pm:
The Knockdown effect from GXB is quite valuable, especially when you can do it on rolls of 20 AND 19 when using the Mechanic tree.

Not sure how to factor that in when comparing with Inquisitive.

There is nothing wrong with a rogue GXB build.  They perform very well and can contribute in any group on any difficulty.  The feature you mention is more useful in soloing/shortmannng or 6 man questing with non-optimized party.   It's got little to no value in raids or optimized parties where the CC is not reliant on a roll of 19/20.   It's the same thing as Wind through the Trees.   A nice feature, but not one you are incorporating into a min/max optimal build.

The optimized rogue GXB build for raiding and optimal R8-R10 groups just doesn't perform nearly as well as the optimal inquis build.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #74 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
crsm3423 wrote on Sep 24th, 2019 at 1:18pm:
100 hours is 1 person for 2.5 weeks.  That's 1 trip to 30?  How many builds can you test in that time?  How many combos of gear?  Through how many level ranges?  Where are power inflection points?

First, nobody spends 100 hours going 1-30.  Be serious.   You can do 1-30 in about 24/25 hours.   With what players have available.    

Second, You think they actually need to earn XP to level when testing?   Do you think they have to gear grind too?   And use a heart of wood to respec?

Come on.   They can be any level with any set of feats/skills/enhancements and any gear they need at any time.

Also, as we have discussed, nobody cares how a build performs at level 7 in Gwylan's Stand or level 14 in GH or Orchard.   They aren't balancing for smooth curves from 1-30.   (sure they spend some time on it, but it's not the core focus) They care about how easy it is to get into a build initially (how long does it take to get your stat to hit/damage, for instance) and gating key features past level 12/18/20, but that is mainly to control multi-classing and less about smooth leveling curves.   The balancing is all focused on end game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint