Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Stuff (Read 1241 times)
Humble Pie
Korthos Resident

Never settle.

New Stuff
Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:42am
Print Post  
So they just released (for Points) Sharn, Tiefling, Iconic Tiefling, and the other crap associated with  Sharn, like the Dimension Bag. 

Yay.  I guess.

No advance notice, no fan fare, just a release slipped in.

I really wish they would brand all of us that that did not purchase the Sharn package for the overprice amount that it cost when it was first  released,  - I wish they would brand us as red- headed stepchildren, perhaps making all of our hair red until we purchased there damn expansion.

I guess Warforged would be a problem, but then maybe a ribbon like the support ribbon for the bombing would be in order, colored red, and not replaceable until a Sharn Purchase has been made.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Re: New Stuff
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Yup.  Posted about this, a little, in the other thread.  Bought sharn today, using the TP I earned in game doing racial TR's.  Free > $40-$120.  Haven't bought the races and such. Figure I will wait until I actually decide to do those.

Was surpised earlier today, around noon. That's when I noticed the notice in the launcher and how I was made aware that Sharn was in the store.  As you said, no advance notice or special post or anything.  If anything, I figured this would be in one of those weekly sales and notices.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 2:58am
Print Post  
They tend to act like a 70s era waitress towards a credit card customer they think they're not going to get a tip from.  They just kind of fling things for points down indifferently with a "here you go, whatever" attitude.  They sell points but don't put much value on them or any respect for the people that buy them.  Couple that with their not understanding that even the f2p players are contributing to keeping the game alive and it's pretty much self explanatory.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 4:07am
Print Post  
They have always had no business people, its just designers and developers. They now have one junior marketer (after 15 years?) who makes emails

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 4:07am:
They now have one junior marketer (after 15 years?) who makes emails

You give Tolero WAY too much credit.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Good I'm going to spend the evening flagging my second account, now that I can buy the thing with points.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint