Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Fuck this game. Fuck Steelstar. (Read 6925 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Fuck this game. Fuck Steelstar.
Oct 14th, 2019 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Dude...fuck this game.  Seriously.  Fuck this game, fuck Sev, fuck Steelstar and fuck any of the other devs who think any of the changes they've made this year even resemble good decisions.

I haven't bothered playing since they rolled out the last big batch of changes.  I decided to run Mabar (or whatever the fuck lame-ass name they're calling it now) and stock up just in case I pick it back up next year.  To make the most of the XP, I decide to run a couple quick epic lives.

I noticed right off that even using them sparingly that my hires are dying much quicker than usual.  I'm fairly aware that there has been an increase to monster power, but I'm just running quick epic elite for saga (mostly over level), so it's barely on my radar - but I can tell a few fights are harder than they used to be.

On my melee I build defensively and I'm pretty much hitting near max numbers of everything - about the highest AC you can get for the class, PRR, MRR, fort, way higher dodge than anything other than a rogue or monk can hit, solid saves, displacement, ghostly, maxed out masters blitz, pretty much fucking everything you'd want on this 10 year old toon.  EE should be a cake walk.  Nothing in EE should be able to touch me - literally.  I should be able to just stand there and shrug off damage.

And I got absolutely shredded by a gang of shadows of all things.  Just ripped apart in seconds. 

This game is more unbalanced than I've ever seen.  It's absolutely balanced around the handful of classes and builds the devs like (read - ranged that will keep them alive) and every other class can eat a dick.

You want us to group?  You want us to group?!  You want us to fucking group?!  HOW ABOUT YOU FUCKING MERGE THE DAMN SERVERS SO THERE'S SOMEONE TO GROUP WITH?!

You fucktards are so close to not having jobs any more and you don't even realize it.  You have R5-10 for the meta, there was absolutely zero reason to raise the difficulty of anything below that.

New players don't have anyone to group with geniuses.  And I've played with enough new players that I can flat out promise you that if I can't solo it, a group of them sure as hell can't...if full groups of newbs existed anymore - because they fucking don't.

Enjoy your duel wielding crossbows dumbass.  I hope the irritating sound echoes through your head in a year while you're trying to sleep wondering why you don't have a job.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Fuck this game. Fuck Steelstar.
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
And yes, I'm salty as hell.  It's been like two years since I've died running EE.  I don't want EE to be challenging.  No old player in this game wants it to be challenging.  It's just part of the tedious grind to build up for the real end game.  EE is already too hard for newbs and too boring for old players.  Kicking it up a level just gives incentive for both groups to look for something better to do.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
"Are you sure you want to uninstall Dungeons and Dragons Online and all of it's components?"

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Death
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Fun right???
its kinda fun how they change the name but will aways be Turdbine. Lets make a pool about the worse change they made since the name? Roll Eyes
My votes gona to Exp change, Sorcerer "god mode" and Inquisitive.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
“im bad y u make game harder u suck ssg!!!!!!”

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

Death
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
its not harder, its just boring. We need only run as sorcs or inquisitive to do r10. If u think it is a hard game u need raise ur game. beside the parte about u be bad at games its fine, always gona be places for ur soulstone at lava on a r10 run.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:17am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:23pm:
“im bad y u make game harder u suck ssg!!!!!!”

Dear God you're stupid.

The complaint here is their purposefully pushing up the power crawl to achieve a goal that isn't achievable.  Work on comprehension before posting.

Death wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:44pm:
We need only run as sorcs or inquisitive to do r10.

And that would be the other complaint.  "The Devs aren't good enough to play anything except casters or ranged - so get the new tree and roll a flavor of the month build or group or go home."

Fuck that shit.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:50am
Print Post  
I really reckon they have a lights off date and are trying to extract every cent they can before then. In their special retarded way.
They have ramped up the rate of ridiculous power creep since the rebrand with one after another pay to acquire fotm. Keeping most of the mobo glass kickers distracted with half arsed balance threads.
A dedicated server that requires a paid sub to join.
Just waiting for them to announce what next year's xpac will be.
Meanwhile Steelstar is like a dog on heat jerking off in front of everyone who will watch about how he is so awesome that he goes left hand backhand all the time.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:50am:
I really reckon they have a lights off date and are trying to extract every cent they can before then. In their special retarded way.
They have ramped up the rate of ridiculous power creep since the rebrand with one after another pay to acquire fotm. Keeping most of the mobo glass kickers distracted with half arsed balance threads.
A dedicated server that requires a paid sub to join.
Just waiting for them to announce what next year's xpac will be.
Meanwhile Steelstar is like a dog on heat jerking off in front of everyone who will watch about how he is so awesome that he goes left hand backhand all the time.

I could almost deal with their policy being "DDO - you get what you pay for...literally...we're not giving you a penny more than that..." but the last year has seen a massive shift into "DDO - you'll play how we want you to play" and increasingly "DDO - you'll play how Steelstar enjoys playing or just muddle through an unbalanced shitfest" is pushing it too far.

They've blown opportunity after opportunity for real improvement this year.  Grouping outside of the hardcore server is almost dead.  The grindfest was already pushing unbearable and their ignoring the cries to cut down on the grind makes it insulting at this point.  If I can't just log in and run a handful of quick and easy solo quests it's just not worth logging in at all.

The core game needs to be balanced towards new players and power leveling and reaper needs to be balanced for the various skill sets of the meta.

But what we have is a core game balanced towards the handful of classes the devs play and an end game they just crank up from there.

To reiterate - fuck this shit.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:17am:
Dear God you're stupid.

The complaint here is their purposefully pushing up the power crawl to achieve a goal that isn't achievable.  Work on comprehension before posting...

Have to disagree.

If you're struggling as a melee while running epic saga missions "mostly overlevel" on EE in 2019, they are correct.

SSG hasn't nerfed melee builds in EE recently and good players on good melee builds have been able to steamroll epic saga missions for years.  If you're struggling, either your build is garbage or you have a PEBKAC problem.

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2019 at 1:54pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 1:54pm:
SSG hasn't nerfed melee builds in EE recently and good players on good melee builds have been able to steamroll epic saga missions for years.  If you're struggling, either your build is garbage or you have a PEBKAC problem.

I will totally admit I tend to spew out walls of text and pertinent information gets buried at a casual glance.  I'll blame myself for that and not you overlooking the information I clearly gave.

Build is fine.  Build is the same I've been using off and on for two years now.  Same build (with slightly more defenses and past lives) and gear I've used to blast through the exact same quests every 3 to 4 days for at least a year - usually soloing on reaper.  I normally solo at level on R1 or EE if I want to go for speed.  I've easily, easily soloed these same quests at least 20 times with this build over the past year alone with like 0 deaths or threat of death.  It's fucking EE man.  Fucking EE doesn't even count.

I'm not saying the nerfed the class - I'm saying they've buffed the quests/monsters (which the did dial up numerous things a few months ago).  Direct correlation here.  What I've been doing hasn't changed and was working fine.  The changes have come from their side.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 6:18pm:
Dude...fuck this game.  Seriously.  Fuck this game, fuck Sev, fuck Steelstar and fuck any of the other devs who think any of the changes they've made this year even resemble good decisions.

This seems a bit of meta complaint but, whatever, we all feel like this one way or another.

Quote:
I haven't bothered playing since they rolled out the last big batch of changes.  I decided to run Mabar (or whatever the fuck lame-ass name they're calling it now) and stock up just in case I pick it back up next year.  To make the most of the XP, I decide to run a couple quick epic lives.

Go on

Quote:
I noticed right off that even using them sparingly that my hires are dying much quicker than usual.  I'm fairly aware that there has been an increase to monster power, but I'm just running quick epic elite for saga (mostly over level), so it's barely on my radar - but I can tell a few fights are harder than they used to be.

Were hire ever useful even on epic casual? Since I came back I noticed they bug out even when casting rez spells. Sometimes you have to target yourself, sometimes you don't, sometimes you have to tell them to "follow" you again to make them snap out of their self induced retarded hypnosis. I hate hires....

Quote:
On my melee I build defensively and I'm pretty much hitting near max numbers of everything - about the highest AC you can get for the class, PRR, MRR, fort, way higher dodge than anything other than a rogue or monk can hit, solid saves, displacement, ghostly, maxed out masters blitz, pretty much fucking everything you'd want on this 10 year old toon.  EE should be a cake walk.  Nothing in EE should be able to touch me - literally.  I should be able to just stand there and shrug off damage.

Ok, you seem like a good guy as I never read a single one of your posts that made me think "wow this guy is an idiot" so I don't want you to feel I'm insulting you in any way but...it's EE. I know we have reaper know but it's goddamn fucking EE. Ok, I get it, you have maxed everything you can and you're confident in your skills and build but it's EPIC fucking ELITE. I finished the ranger archer life with pre ravenloft gear and stomped everything on EE on level but I never let my guard down cause I knew that enemies would have ripped me apart despite the fact I'm a completionist and been playing the game for years.

Quote:
And I got absolutely shredded by a gang of shadows of all things.  Just ripped apart in seconds.

So it wasn't just me! I had noticed the fucking shadowlings were hitting much harder than usual and even their reflex saves have been pumped up a lot. Totally agree on this

Quote:
This game is more unbalanced than I've ever seen.  It's absolutely balanced around the handful of classes and builds the devs like (read - ranged that will keep them alive) and every other class can eat a dick.

I feel you. You can't even reason with them as they won't accept proof of their own stupidity but demand it anyway as Steelstar did in Discord. How in the hell are we supposed to prove how OP inquisitive is when they don't care to listen in the first place? They know they are guilty and stupid, they just don't want to be proved so in public.

Quote:
You want us to group?  You want us to group?!  You want us to fucking group?!  HOW ABOUT YOU FUCKING MERGE THE DAMN SERVERS SO THERE'S SOMEONE TO GROUP WITH?!

10000000000% fucking agree. The lfm are dead and for someone like me trying to get back in the raids is irritating to say the least. Wouldn't even be an economic win to use a single more powerful server instead of many dead ones?

Go figure

Quote:
You fucktards are so close to not having jobs any more and you don't even realize it.  You have R5-10 for the meta, there was absolutely zero reason to raise the difficulty of anything below that.

There might have been reason around 2 years ago when I left as people were actually bored with difficulty but, generally speaking, we only need something above EE and not a whole 10 levels of assholery that only widened the gap between newbies, normal players, skilled, very skilled and "I can fucking complete fall of truth on ee with one hp while running backward".

Quote:
New players don't have anyone to group with geniuses.  And I've played with enough new players that I can flat out promise you that if I can't solo it, a group of them sure as hell can't...if full groups of newbs existed anymore - because they fucking don't.

True, nothing to add. It was true years ago so there's nothing to argue.

Quote:
Enjoy your duel wielding crossbows dumbass.  I hope the irritating sound echoes through your head in a year while you're trying to sleep wondering why you don't have a job.

The sad thing is seeing classes dual wielding crossbows that would have no fucking reason to even touch them. I play on argo and I swear I saw fucking favoured souls and sorcs dual wielding that shit. What in the actual fuck?

EDIT
The favoured soul had comparable dps to my fully specialized bow ranger. I soloed stormhorns on EE with him and only died in final fight (still completed) on the glacier. Let me put this in perspective. A goddman fvs with a crossbow able to match me, a motherfreaking ranger specialized with bows, using a complete thunder forged and soloing stormhorns on EE (not the greatest achievement in ddo but way out league for casuals and "normies"). Let that sink in.....
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2019 at 3:43pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #12 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
So I am with you for most of this. I haven't noticed anything hitting harder but I'm not playing a melee build so apples and oranges.

The one thing I think you might want to consider is with this comment

Quote:
I normally solo at level on R1 or EE if I want to go for speed.

With minimal reaper points, R1 is easier than EE. But then again, I am not playing a melee so maybe this is different?

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 2:43am
Print Post  
I really liked how Guild Wars 2 had the visit other server feature.  I was able to hit events that I missed on the timer for my home server.  It also allowed people to play with their friends no matter the server.  You could guest to two servers a day, guest on them all day long, had to wait till the next day to guest to a different server.

This would be a great feature for DDO, really any MMO.  I don't see why it is necessary to have a player stuck to one server.  Yea, there is a need to store data but since DDO already has instances, why do they need to really have different servers beyond storing the data.  Make a gate for players to play across servers.  They can log into DDO through their assigned server but when they hit harbor or market, they get placed in an instance and meet up with others through there.  Wasn't hard to change instances last time I played, probably broken now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 8:13pm:
With minimal reaper points, R1 is easier than EE.

I don't think it is. On R1 damage gets cut down by around 24%, mob damage is increased by around 20%, and self healing is cut down by 60% or so. Minimal reaper ap is not recouping 20% damage, 20% damage reduction, nor the 60% of the self heals.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #15 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 2:43am:
I really liked how Guild Wars 2 had the visit other server feature.  I was able to hit events that I missed on the timer for my home server.  It also allowed people to play with their friends no matter the server.  You could guest to two servers a day, guest on them all day long, had to wait till the next day to guest to a different server.

This would be a great feature for DDO, really any MMO.  I don't see why it is necessary to have a player stuck to one server.  Yea, there is a need to store data but since DDO already has instances, why do they need to really have different servers beyond storing the data.  Make a gate for players to play across servers.  They can log into DDO through their assigned server but when they hit harbor or market, they get placed in an instance and meet up with others through there.  Wasn't hard to change instances last time I played, probably broken now.

I haven't been following the technicalities, but I believe they've actually automated it and removed the limit. If you're in a realm with few players, they ask you if you want to move, and if you agree there is a half minute or so delay while they ship your character and you reappear in a crowded one. They even let you delay it for up to an hour. It's sweet, and works extremely well. I'll have to check if you can trigger it manually, I never thought to use it to try for events I missed or want to repeat.

But yeah, if DDO did that it would be great. It would bring a lot more to the game than a new class or a new crafting system.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 9:27am:
I don't think it is. On R1 damage gets cut down by around 24%, mob damage is increased by around 20%, and self healing is cut down by 60% or so. Minimal reaper ap is not recouping 20% damage, 20% damage reduction, nor the 60% of the self heals.

It used to be easier for casters who typically oneshot enemies with all the free sp. Now the souls don't drop as much.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #17 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 9:27am:

Ok to be fair, minimal reaper points when I had minimal reaper points was easier. Now I don't technically have minimal reaper points any longer so I may have been speaking out of church.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #18 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 2:33am
Print Post  
What is actually meant is that R1 heroic with minimal reaper points is easier than Elite.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #19 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 2:54am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:00am:
It used to be easier for casters who typically oneshot enemies with all the free sp. Now the souls don't drop as much.

Casters no longer splash beef

Save the meta nuker, DC casters are all you need. Jack-of-all-trades characters aren't as reliable.

That change isn't to be understated; It's targetted at the DC-caster-reaper-solo community, much like how they changed the charms recently

Point being the way DC casters scale, end-game content used to be about geometry, now its also about resource management and some brains.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:50pm:
I will totally admit I tend to spew out walls of text and pertinent information gets buried at a casual glance.  I'll blame myself for that and not you overlooking the information I clearly gave.

Build is fine.  Build is the same I've been using off and on for two years now.  Same build (with slightly more defenses and past lives) and gear I've used to blast through the exact same quests every 3 to 4 days for at least a year - usually soloing on reaper.  I normally solo at level on R1 or EE if I want to go for speed.  I've easily, easily soloed these same quests at least 20 times with this build over the past year alone with like 0 deaths or threat of death.  It's fucking EE man.  Fucking EE doesn't even count.

Actually, I had read every part of your post looking for something that I had initially missed which would have made the rant about EE being too hard justified.  Couldn't find anything. 

This is a binary situation.  Either EE is too hard for melee builds or it is not.  What you're not understanding is, most of your wall of text is irrelevant in that context.

The recent pre-Inquisitive pandemic of maulbarians, monks, assassins, tempests and wolves blowing through everything from EE to R4 at near runspeed provides mountains of evidence that melee do just fine in EE and it is not hard nor challenging.

That brings us to the secondary binary situation.  If the mountains of evidence provided by multiple other players breezing through EE on melee DPS builds is true, which it is, there are only two explanations for your struggles and claim that EE is too damned hard, poor build or PEBKAC.

I've personally blown through multiple epic TRs on a melee build recently and had zero problems soloing R2+ as further support of this.

Skoodge wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:50pm:
I'm not saying the nerfed the class - I'm saying they've buffed the quests/monsters (which the did dial up numerous things a few months ago).

This one surprised me a little.  I'm pretty good at staying current with changes made in updates but I cannot recall SSG announcing anything that would have increased EE's difficulty in any significant way.  Nor have I noticed anything in actual gameplay.

Since I haven't noticed the game being any harder on a melee, maybe I just didn't associate a particular change with "making the EE/R1 game harder".  Can you specify the changes you're referring to please?
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:03pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 3:32pm:
So it wasn't just me! I had noticed the fucking shadowlings were hitting much harder than usual and even their reflex saves have been pumped up a lot. Totally agree on this

Okay Skoodge, this just triggered a thought about a possible explanation for what you're ranting about.

Shadows have always seemed to hit harder than other mobs.  I always assumed it's because they're incorporeal and bypass our Ghostly item effects.

Additionally, due to shitty graphic design, it can be somewhat hard to see the champ crowns as they phase in and out, so maybe you just had the misfortune of bad RNG and got ganked by a group of multiple champion shadows?

If this is the case, it doesn't mean EE is too hard or broken.  It just means you simply had the misfortune of some really bad luck.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #22 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 3:32pm:
even their reflex saves have been pumped up a lot.

They get a bonus to reflex saves when they're crawling on the ground. When they come up to attack you it goes down.

Always funny to see another caster in group kiting and blasting multiple times to get them killed when I just sit there and get it done in one shot. When taking hits is a possibility, of course.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #23 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:47pm:
They get a bonus to reflex saves when they're crawling on the ground. When they come up to attack you it goes down.

Always funny to see another caster in group kiting and blasting multiple times to get them killed when I just sit there and get it done in one shot. When taking hits is a possibility, of course.

Nice to know that, thank you. I'll make sure to remember this as soon as hit their level range.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:47pm:
Always funny to see another caster in group kiting and blasting multiple times to get them killed

Heh, undeath to death makes it pretty easy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint