Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Hardcore eyeroll (Read 15873 times)
SpookyBoi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Hardcore eyeroll
Reply #25 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 3:00am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 11:29am:
3 months of fun ( 30 hours per week for 13 weeks is $1.20 an hour for fun times)
AND bank toon,
AND some cosmetics
AND being No 1 on the first hardcore event forever.

pretty good all in all.

Implying DDO is fun, what a laugh.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 8:06am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 11:29am:
3 months of fun ( 30 hours per week for 13 weeks is $1.20 an hour for fun times)
AND bank toon,
AND some cosmetics
AND being No 1 on the first hardcore event forever.

pretty good all in all.

Except he paid $10 per month for the fun and he paid $500 for the cosmetics and leaderboard status.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #27 - Dec 11th, 2019 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
Weren't there some jackasses here trying to claim that the hardcore server wasn't p2w? What a couple of idiot douches.  Cheesy
But what did he "win"?   He got, more or less, the same rewards as dozens and dozens of others, many who aren't even on the leaderboard.  And at least 3 of whom I know personally that didn't do anything more than the 50% pots when running Reaper.

For myself, I spent only the points I earned and I spent them on cosmetics and mirrors of glamoring of all things.   Don't ask, long story short I had a Dwarf Barb that ended up wearing a Tux named Pigglesworth because it made both my guildies and myself laugh at the absurdity of it.  And yes I transferred him and yes he's on his 3rd life currently.  2 on the Hardcore, 1 on Thelanis and he still hasn't died but it's been damn close plenty.

At the end of the day "the winner" spent a decent chuck of real cash to try and give himself a better chance.  FYI pretty much everyone trying the reaper run ran pots, it only made sense to.

I would say there were those who for sure spent more, Open Guild for All and Open Guild for All 2 were both fully decked out AS ships with all the amenities.  That had to cost a pretty penny for sure, and that was wasted cash because you sure as hell can't transfer that over.

The P2W with the store just makes me laugh so hard.  I mean do people really have so little self esteem that they need to see their characters name in a digital list on a temporary server for a video game to feel fulfilled?  That' just sadly pathetic IHMO.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #28 - Dec 11th, 2019 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Dec 11th, 2019 at 8:24am:
But what did he "win"?

are you fucking retarded? he won the #1 spot on the leaderboard, that's pay to win

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #29 - Dec 11th, 2019 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Dec 11th, 2019 at 8:24am:
But what did he "win"?   He got, more or less, the same rewards as dozens and dozens of others, many who aren't even on the leaderboard.  And at least 3 of whom I know personally that didn't do anything more than the 50% pots when running Reaper.

For myself, I spent only the points I earned and I spent them on cosmetics and mirrors of glamoring of all things.   Don't ask, long story short I had a Dwarf Barb that ended up wearing a Tux named Pigglesworth because it made both my guildies and myself laugh at the absurdity of it.  And yes I transferred him and yes he's on his 3rd life currently.  2 on the Hardcore, 1 on Thelanis and he still hasn't died but it's been damn close plenty.

At the end of the day "the winner" spent a decent chuck of real cash to try and give himself a better chance.  FYI pretty much everyone trying the reaper run ran pots, it only made sense to.

I would say there were those who for sure spent more, Open Guild for All and Open Guild for All 2 were both fully decked out AS ships with all the amenities.  That had to cost a pretty penny for sure, and that was wasted cash because you sure as hell can't transfer that over.

The P2W with the store just makes me laugh so hard.  I mean do people really have so little self esteem that they need to see their characters name in a digital list on a temporary server for a video game to feel fulfilled?  That' just sadly pathetic IHMO.

The only thing he truly "won" is the title of the "Biggest Mouth Breathing Faggot of all time".

Ignore the fact he used P2W store and other useless shit with cash. Dude still spent 24/7 glued to his screen for 3 months to reach the highest score.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #30 - Dec 12th, 2019 at 8:54am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Dec 11th, 2019 at 8:43am:
are you fucking retarded? he won the #1 spot on the leaderboard, that's pay to win
Are you fucking pathetic, how is that "anything" to "win".

I guess when You don't have a dick you need to measure your digital one, alas I can't relate to that so I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

But in the real world nobody is going to consider that a real win.  At best it's an accomplishment, but it sure as hell isn't a win.  Where does anyone see that in the future, I know it's posted but really is anyone going to go looking for that. 

What does his "win" give him in the actual game. That's easy, nothing at all as his rewards were identical to dozens who achieved the same favor and reaper point reward.  Hell many did so spending only the points they achieved on the run.

In the end he didn't Pay to Win, he at best paid to have advantage on a digital list that pretty much nobody who played it really cared about.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2019 at 8:58am by Groo The Wanderer »  

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #31 - Dec 12th, 2019 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Dec 12th, 2019 at 8:54am:
A lot of bullshit moving the goalposts lmfaoooo

Lmao you actually are retarded. Who gives a fuck if it was worth winning, I couldn’t give two shits about hardcore or the fucking leaderboard. But if you’re NUMBER ONE on a LEADERBOARD, you won. Go jerk yourself off about how you’re too cool to care about hardcore rankings somewhere else fuckwad

al ca mist

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #32 - Dec 12th, 2019 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
In the end he didn't Pay to Win, he at best paid to have advantage on a digital list that pretty much nobody who played it really cared about.

LOL, so you "Paid to advantage" and didn't get enough advantage? So now the "advantage" was probably sour anyway?

Nobody cares if you P2W, just stop protesting so loudly that it isn't "true" P2W. That's what's really pathetic. We're all totally cool about you doing it, just stop trying to convince us you weren't doing it.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #33 - Dec 12th, 2019 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 12th, 2019 at 12:04pm:
Nobody cares if you P2W, just stop protesting so loudly that it isn't "true" P2W. That's what's really pathetic.

this guy fuckin gets it, thank god

al ca mist

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2019 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 11th, 2019 at 8:56am:
The only thing he truly "won" is the title of the "Biggest Mouth Breathing Faggot of all time".

Gunga is gonna be pissed that his crown has been stolen.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #35 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Dec 12th, 2019 at 3:22pm:
Gunga is gonna be pissed that his crown has been stolen.

Says the pussy hiding behind her sock. I'd say you're projecting true ownership of that title, cupcake.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2019 at 10:28am by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 10:25am:
Says the pussy hiding behind her sock. I'd say you're projecting true ownership of that title, cupcake.

Sock? LOL not even close, faggot.

Go back to jacking off in a room with other music industry fags, you asshole.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 2:12pm:

Gotta say that sounds like a fun afternoon even though you are trying to make it sound like an insult.

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Whatever tickles your pickle, man.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #39 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Are you fucking pathetic, how is that "anything" to "win".

You pay

to win.

You pay money to give you an advantage over other people.  It doesn't make you a better player, but it does let you run with them for awhile before they determine you really should just play solitaire.

Hyperbole much?

It is like buying the cheat codes for games and bragging how fast you completed the games. Once people know you weren't on the same footing and used skill, they won't admire you - no matter how much you protest "but I didn't PAY to WIN, since, technically I didn't get a prize - even though there wasn't a prize for me to win in this game".

To have a real competition, you should have everyone on an equal footing... and let lady luck determine the winner.  SSG and you (by your reaction) just don't  understand.  And, this isn't sour grapes as I didn't participate. I am just watching dumb and dumber in action.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #40 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:39am:
To have a real competition, you should have everyone on an equal footing... and let lady luck determine the winner.  SSG and you (by your reaction) just don't  understand.  And, this isn't sour grapes as I didn't participate. I am just watching dumb and dumber in action.

Everyone was on an equal footing.  On the hardcore server we are all VIP's we all regularly spend mney on DDO.  We all Pay. 
You could choose to pay, or not. 

Some people have jobs/families and cannot play as much as others.  Is that everyone being on an equal footing, explain to me (and use small words to be sure I understand) that one person having more time available to play than another is equal where as being willing to spend more money is not equal.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #41 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 2:12pm:
Sock? LOL not even close, faggot.

Pussy.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:56pm:
Some people have jobs/families and cannot play as much as others.  Is that everyone being on an equal footing, explain to me (and use small words to be sure I understand) that one person having more time available to play than another is equal where as being willing to spend more money is not equal.

Playing time is also proportionate to skill. The longer one has played the better they are, usually. Skill, which should always be the sole factor in competitions, is directly circumvented by paying to bypass time. Paying to bypass time is a direct advantage over those spending time doing the tasks, if the people are within a similar skill gap. Money and time are not equal. Not all my hours are fungible.

I would try to explain it to you, but youre a retard grasping at straws. Nothing is ever going to be equal, but reducing the amount of ways people can acquire an advantage is always going to be better for the skilled players than just having multiple ways to skip shit by paying for it. you fucking faggot

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Hey Rubby that was an awful lot of logic.... Are you feeling OK?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #44 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Even without the store the hardcore league isn’t really “fair”.   It’s always about who wants to spend more resources.  That’s how mmos work in general.

People spending more time will generally have a massive advantage over those spending less.  There is a reason that all competitors in a basketball game have 40 or 48 minutes (depending on league) to score as many points as they can.  One team doesn’t get 60 minutes and the other 48.   Same in soccer and football.    Or in baseball, both teams get 27 outs.   In golf, 18 holes.   

If one player can choose to spend an excessive number of hours like 360 hours (30 per week) while others can only spend 120 (10 per week) then the competition is unbalanced.  The player spending 240 more hours is probably going to win.  The same as if one player can choose to spend an excessive amount of money like $500 while others spend $30. 

As long as players can spend unlimited resources, time and/or money,  then the “win” goes to the player who spends the most resources.  Sure there is skill in knowing how to spend the time correctly or the money correctly.   You can waste it on useless activities and get no ROI with both.   But assuming a reasonably capable player, resources > skill.  And time > money. 

The competitions are never going to be fair unless the game developer makes the competitions resource limited.   

Fastest player to complete the GH chain thru to raid.  (1st life, Character level 13 only)
Most favor earned in 2 hours of game time.  (1st level character only)

Things like that.   With store unavailable.  Those would create limits on both time and money to the point that player skill and game knowledge would have the strongest impact on outcome.

As currently constructed (play as much as you want for 90 days and spend as much as you want), just being willing to play the game like a full time job (with overtime) is the most relevant factor to winning.   Not money or skill or knowledge. 

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 17th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
Pussy.

Uh huh.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 7:16am:
The competitions are never going to be fair unless the game developer makes the competitions resource limited.   

Fastest player to complete the GH chain thru to raid.  (1st life, Character level 13 only)
Most favor earned in 2 hours of game time.  (1st level character only)

Things like that.   With store unavailable. 

The players of this game always, and I mean ALWAYS, understand the game better than the people making it.

If these type of contests were had I wouldve definitely put time and effort into HC.

Good idea.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #47 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 9:11am:
The players of this game always, and I mean ALWAYS, understand the game better than the people making it.

If these type of contests were had I wouldve definitely put time and effort into HC.

Good idea.

The other problem with a strictly cumulative metric like "total reaper XP earned over 90 days" is that it makes the first 30 days super fun and the last 30 days much less so.  There reaches a point where you can't reasonably achieve anything when you get inside 2-3 weeks remaining.   Because the metrics were set to only be achievable over an extended period of time.   (which also skews the rewards to people who spend excessive amounts of time and/or money).   If the metric was "Fastest time to get a 1st life character from level 1 to level 20" or "Most Favor earned on a 1st life level 1 character in 8 hours"  then that is something that people could be trying to do right up until the final day.   Even if  you are first on the leader board at the start of the last week, you can't be sure your position is safe.   Maybe those two examples are actually what you would want, but something like that, where metrics are more confined and repeatable would create a much more vibrant (and balanced) competition.

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:03am
Print Post  
The points you've made make me think the HC server should just be a constantly rotating challenge server.

Server on, make characters, dash to first VON R1 completion, server goes down: prize awarded etc.

Different goals all the time, prizes to first 10 people or 10 groups then full server wipe. No store.

Everyone I know who was there felt the same way, the last few weeks were pointless as is.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:04am by Vtec »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #49 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:03am:
The points you've made make me think the HC server should just be a constantly rotating challenge server.

Server on, make characters, dash to first VON R1 completion, server goes down: prize awarded etc.

Different goals all the time, prizes to first 10 people or 10 groups then full server wipe. No store.

Everyone I know who was there felt the same way, the last few weeks were pointless as is.

That could actually be fun and, unlike HC, I might actually try it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint