Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lagspikes (Read 3206 times)
Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Lagspikes
Dec 15th, 2019 at 1:16am
Print Post  
I can't be the only one can I? I mean I know I'm still shit at this game but I don't think I should be losing connection for a full 45 seconds randomly, while my other monitor runs something random on Twitch perfectly.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Lagspikes
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Was playing up to an hour before you posted and was smoooooth sailing
Even running on a horse in king's forest

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Orien shit the bed today after two restarts this week.  People have been unable to login for hours and there's been zero response from SSG.

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 15th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
Orien is shit.

Can't find anything wrong.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
I thought it was just Sharn earlier but even in Strahd raid it was ping spiking me.

All hail Smrti.

Fuck Australia.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 15th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
Orien is shit.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Get fire sorcs and inquisitors with PN xbows fighting bunch of shadows for best results.

No really, it's getting worse and worse. The restarts and "maintenance" do fuck all.

I think at this point we just tolerate lag as "it's just integral part of the game". Lag freezes are normal, lag deaths or wipes are normal, endless loading screens are normal, abilities not going off or items not swapping is normal.

One might think that proper technical support would be a priority - especially not to piss people off that are not used to this kind of shit but it's ssg we are talking about, so yeah.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:20pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 1:05am
Print Post  
No lag in DDO.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:17pm:
Get fire sorcs and inquisitors with PN xbows fighting bunch of shadows for best results.

No really, it's getting worse and worse. The restarts and "maintenance" do fuck all.

I think at this point we just tolerate lag as "it's just integral part of the game". Lag freezes are normal, lag deaths or wipes are normal, endless loading screens are normal, abilities not going off or items not swapping is normal.

One might think that proper technical support would be a priority - especially not to piss people off that are not used to this kind of shit but it's ssg we are talking about, so yeah.

See, I remember a time when it happened occasionally. It sucked but it was tolerable.

Now I'm spiking every single play session, multiple times each time. It's pretty dumb and not just in fights, but also just in town or in dull points between fights.

All hail Smrti.

Fuck Australia.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:17pm:

It makes you a better player! it's like some sort of bizzaro resistance training

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 10:10am
Print Post  
I don't get much lag while soloing. I get tons of lag when I'm in a full party.

That doesn't mean it's the fault of any of the other players or the other players' computers, but I'm willing to bet that the load on DDO's servers and the load on DDO's clients is a lot heavier in full parties with everyone doing stuff vs. just one person doing stuff.

I don't even have lag in Yester Hill when I solo.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #11 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 10:10am:
I don't get much lag while soloing. I get tons of lag when I'm in a full party.

That doesn't mean it's the fault of any of the other players or the other players' computers, but I'm willing to bet that the load on DDO's servers and the load on DDO's clients is a lot heavier in full parties with everyone doing stuff vs. just one person doing stuff.

I don't even have lag in Yester Hill when I solo.

Grouping definitely has some lag issues. I often notice no lag at all when soloing but lag seems to stick to some PUGs for whatever reason. Quest will tend to freeze when a specific person enters quest or get laggy when they are around and not at all until they enter quest. A player having a load screen disconnect can really fuck things up. Was in Chronoscope not too long ago and had zero issues until a specific player zoned in. We all froze for 10min until he disconnected and everything cleared up instantly.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #12 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 12:52pm:
Grouping definitely has some lag issues. I often notice no lag at all when soloing but lag seems to stick to some PUGs for whatever reason. Quest will tend to freeze when a specific person enters quest or get laggy when they are around and not at all until they enter quest. A player having a load screen disconnect can really fuck things up. Was in Chronoscope not too long ago and had zero issues until a specific player zoned in. We all froze for 10min until he disconnected and everything cleared up instantly.

I've seen this EXACT same behavior when a certain individual joins and then leaves a party.

There is DEFINITELY something to a player's PC or internet connection being partly to blame for lag in certain cases.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #13 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Or maybe their char/build? Some of my chars are definitely stickier than others on e.g. logout.

I solo exclusively and still get murderous lag, but only occasionally and it's only the very obvious, lengthy stutterfest that you know you won't survive so I just ALT+F4 asap and do something else.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
I clearly remember two or three days in a row having a PUG join a couple of my LFMs and it would always start lagging when they were in the quest. We'd get spikes here and there as we ran and also every time they entered a quest. Always back to normal when they dropped.

Thinking the game might have issues handling slower connections and gets hung up trying to send/receive info and it affects everyone instead of just that player. But eh, who knows really with this game. Could just as well be characters/items/builds/name/race/hair color...

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #15 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Smrti wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 2:16am:
See, I remember a time when it happened occasionally. It sucked but it was tolerable.

Now I'm spiking every single play session, multiple times each time. It's pretty dumb and not just in fights, but also just in town or in dull points between fights.

It is you... you should just move to Orion or quit.

They have random lag spikes anywhere (public / private) and it isn't related to your character / environment.

Despite their favorite dev denying any game has ever changed it's engine (WRONG!), they do need to rewrite vast parts.  But first, they need to hire some real hardcore devs who can actually create structured programs and plan a cohesive data architecture.  The last time they tried a rewrite had this place down for weeks (despite what the favorite dev knows) and lagging for months. It was brutal.

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:46am:
Despite their favorite dev denying any game has ever changed it's engine (WRONG!), they do need to rewrite vast parts.  But first, they need to hire some real hardcore devs who can actually create structured programs and plan a cohesive data architecture.  The last time they tried a rewrite had this place down for weeks (despite what the favorite dev knows) and lagging for months. It was brutal.

What games did this? I wish someone had rubbed it in that shit heads face when they said that. Was such a snotty response and wasnt even what the guy had asked, really.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #17 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Actually DDO did change it's graphical engine at some point...
The new engine allowed for weird effect when feather falling ( they did fix that, but while it was there the effects were fun as in some case you could feather fall up ).

The game mechanics engine is hardcoded into the client_gamelogic ( and the server_gamelogic ) dat files.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2019 at 1:29pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #18 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 5:59am
Print Post  
It is you... you should just move to Orion or quit.

They have random lag spikes anywhere (public / private) and it isn't related to your character / environment.

Logged in. spiked 4 times within 15 minutes. Logged out.

It's never this bad but now suddenly I can't even play.

All hail Smrti.

Fuck Australia.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #19 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 12:23pm
Print Post  

^This

These clowns have no idea what they're doing - they make spastic changes to solve imagined problems, ignore the real problems, and act like they're God's gift to MMOs. They'll never hire a competent dev team because Severlin's ego won't allow it, but if they did this game could still have greatness in its future.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
for once I'm going to say something weird : the current bout of lag spike is inherent to the game... They have an an issue somewhere ( Frontend, Backend, who knows ).

But at this time the lag spike are purely server generated and have nothing to do with the transport ( routers, fibers, trans-atlantic cables and more ) contrary to most of the previous occurences.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #21 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Still lagging out like crazy even after maintenance. This is just stupid.

All hail Smrti.

Fuck Australia.

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #22 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Lag?
No lag here

Oh, that’s right
I dont play ddo

See how easy that is?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #23 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
C Troll wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
See how easy that is?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #24 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 12:52pm:

Toonhopping makes your client perform worse.
I wonder if this affects players in the same instance as someone who had toonhopped to 24 different toons before.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint