Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Time to return? (Read 2376 times)
Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Time to return?
Dec 24th, 2019 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Heya folks

Planning to return after long time, left sometime epic GS items was released due to work related travel criss-crossing the world. Surprised the game is still up and ownership has changed (again!). So, what do you all think, is it worth coming back or should I go back to Civ 6  Cheesy

Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

Druidica
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Time to return?
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Not at this stage, dependng on your favorite way of playing, i would say not for a long while.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 11:41am
Print Post  
I came back after years of not playing. I'm on much less but enjoy it much more. I got enough Premium stuff & points before I went that I didn't have to spend real $ to catch up on content which definitely helped.

Some of the new trees are fun. The recent quests are mostly unimaginative with some exceptions but seeing as I'm a loot whore that's just fine by me. The most recent pack was just full of speedy loot runs which suits my time and style so that was good.

EDs are mostly different, some more fun, some not. It's nice being away for so long and coming back to new system changes too. You get to (/have to) rebuild characters basically which was always my favourite bit anyway, building out and tweaking until you get what you want.

Mostly ignored Reaper because I solo and it looks much, much slower solo which is not my bag, baby. I dip a toe in on the rare occasion I know I have enough time, it's nice challenge but not essential so don't feel pressured to get geared/lifed/minmaxed up enough if you don't care for it.

I wouldn't say buy two years VIP and dive headlong but it's worth a month's VIP to see if you like it.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 7:50am:
Heya folks

Planning to return after long time, left sometime epic GS items was released due to work related travel criss-crossing the world. Surprised the game is still up and ownership has changed (again!). So, what do you all think, is it worth coming back or should I go back to Civ 6  Cheesy

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know if it’s the right time to return, but I do know that gearing is easier than it’s ever been if you do return.

Sharn + Ravenloft = all the year you’ll ever need from level 10-30. There are some things where another gear piece is better, but there isn’t a build out there that wouldn’t be mostly fine with just the gear from Ravenloft + Sharn quests.
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2019 at 7:49pm by NOTpopejubal »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 7:48pm:
Sharn + Ravenloft = all the year you’ll ever need from level 10-30.

That's the best example of a Freudian Slip if I've ever seen one  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2019 at 11:59pm by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2019 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Just try it.

If you like it, you like it.
If you don't, you don't.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2019 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Reaper brought me back to the game.  You should check it out.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2019 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the replies guys. I have taken VIP as there was too many content to buy and reaper mode looks good. See you all in-game!

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2019 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
DDO right now is fun. 

Keep on the Borderlands is a refreshing start up location (level 1 and 21) rather than Korthos. The explore zone is beautiful.

Ravenloft (lvl 10-12 and 30) is simply awesome.  Really well done gothic horror - Death House and the 2 castle missions are my favourites.  Explore zone is again beautifully gothic horror.  Some great items and set bonus'.  Best expansion for years, I love Ravenloft.

Sharn (lvl 15-16) is OK, but suffers in comparison from not being as good as ravenloft with it's inbuilt gothic horror vibe but is interesting. If you don't like the steampunk/eberron feel you won't like Sharn, but if you do, then it grows on you.  The age of rage pack feeds into Sharn nicely if you think about it as a multi-season tv show. 
Itemization in sharn is weaker than ravenloft and fell into the usual "mix everything up so you have to change all your items if you want to change 1"

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 10:12am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Dec 25th, 2019 at 7:43pm:
Itemization in sharn is weaker than ravenloft

That is a lie. Weaker how? More sets? better sets? Higher stats? What are you defining as weaker?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #10 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 26th, 2019 at 10:12am:
That is a lie. Weaker how? More sets? better sets? Higher stats? What are you defining as weaker?

He still hasn't got any, especially the raid set pieces, LOL.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 26th, 2019 at 10:12am:

If anything you could argue the opposite using your criteria.

example

VS

and the sets (3 pieces for both)

+50 Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power
    +4 Artifact bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma
    +4 Artifact bonus to Spell DCs
    +20 Magical Resistance Rating Cap

This is the esoterical initiate from Sharn

VS

+50 Artifact Bonus to Universal Spell Power.
+2 Artifact Bonus to all Spell DCs.
+10 Artifact Bonus to Magical Resistance Rating.
Your Magical Resistance Rating cap is raised by 20.
+5% Artifact Bonus to Missile Deflection

Beacon of magic from Barovia

I think it's pretty clear even someone who just started playing would pick the Sharn set and what I linked is not the only set that far outshines the relative one from Barovia

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Your ESOS will still hold up.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Dec 26th, 2019 at 11:02am:
I think it's pretty clear even someone who just started playing would pick the Sharn set and what I linked is not the only set that far outshines the relative one from Barovia

Yeah, sharn sets are well above RL sets, and the items, artifacts in particular, are the highest stat items in game. IDK how the itemization could be considered weaker.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #14 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
You didn't miss out on the holiday sales, that's for sure.  About the weakest month of offerings I've seen since returning.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Skoodge are you actually playing regularly again?

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #16 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 3:45pm:
Skoodge are you actually playing regularly again?

Nah.  One part being way busy and not having much time to play anything right now and one part every time I log in it doesn't take me long to go "you know what?...fuck these guys."

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Dec 28th, 2019 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
That's more like it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint