Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lam probably next week (Read 25445 times)
Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Lam probably next week
Reply #100 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Not being a TWFer much in the past, but is 3x full attacks > 1 full attack + x glancing blows?  I don't remember glancing blows being terribly awesome at anything but getting aggro

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #101 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jan 26th, 2020 at 10:29am:
Not being a TWFer much in the past, but is 3x full attacks > 1 full attack + x glancing blows?  I don't remember glancing blows being terribly awesome at anything but getting aggro

Not sure I was never big on THF but having been a barbarian for the past six EPLs and running THF; I feel like 3 targets taking full damage compared to me being able to mow down an entire mob of enemies at once even with lessened damage of glancing blows is a nerf.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #102 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 6:24pm:
Not sure I was never big on THF but having been a barbarian for the past six EPLs and running THF; I feel like 3 targets taking full damage compared to me being able to mow down an entire mob of enemies at once even with lessened damage of glancing blows is a nerf.

This is cool and all but I think he was looking for some numbers. A little comparison if you will.

D+

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #103 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 6:43pm:
This is cool and all but I think he was looking for some numbers. A little comparison if you will.

D+

Seeing as a few posts back I asked a similar question and offered my thought on it; didn't seem like I needed hard numbers.

But if we're going to go there. 3 targets taking full damage compared to X targets taking 50% damage.

Outside of higher skull reaper you could argue that it's a straight nerf as far as AoE trash clear is concerned.

When reaper is on the table it's a buff.

Given the idea that it is going to work with single target abilities though; that's a game changer. Still doesn't work with cleaves which sucks ass.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #104 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 7:29pm:
Seeing as a few posts back I asked a similar question and offered my thought on it; didn't seem like I needed hard numbers.

But if we're going to go there. 3 targets taking full damage compared to X targets taking 50% damage.

Outside of higher skull reaper you could argue that it's a straight nerf as far as AoE trash clear is concerned.

When reaper is on the table it's a buff.

Given the idea that it is going to work with single target abilities though; that's a game changer. Still doesn't work with cleaves which sucks ass.

Much appreciated.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #105 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Does make me want to tey the barb qstaff build again

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #106 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Preview 2

Disclaimer
Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Update 45 is expected to contain a large amount of changes to systems balance in DDO. This primarily takes the form of changes to Ranged Combat, Two Handed Fighting Melee Combat, and a Knight of the Chalice revamp. There are, however, a multitude of other balance changes in this preview build which weren't large enough for their own thread but were too large in total to place in the main thread. Below are a variety of different changes in this preview. Some of these things are somewhat interconnected to other balance changes and as such, it will make the feedback process the most productive that it can be to review all of the balance changes before putting forth thoughts and suggestions on individual pieces.

Individual Changes

Aasimar's Healing Hands is now capped at 20 character levels.
    Scion of the Ethereal Plane now adds 1.5 Sneak Attack Damage per rank of Hide you have, instead of 1 for every 3 points of your total Hide score.
    Dragon Breath in Draconic Incarnation now has a 60 second cooldown
    Draconic Fury in Draconic Incarnation now has a 90 second cooldown
    Sunder is now: Tactical Melee Attack: Using this attack, you may reduce the target's Armor Class by 10% and Fortification by 25% for 6 seconds. Some creatures may be immune to the sunder effect. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. (DC 10 + STR Mod + Sunder Bonuses). Cooldown: 10 seconds.
    Improved Sunder is now: Tactical Melee Attack: Using this attack, you may reduce the target's Armor Class by 10% and Fortification by 25% for 12 seconds. Some creatures may be immune to the sunder effect. (DC 10 + STR Mod + Sunder Bonuses). Regardless of saving throw result, enemies will suffer the Trauma effect, which is a -3 penalty to Fortitude saving throws. Stacks 5 times. Lasts 24 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds. This feat replaces your Sunder feat.
    Falconry: Diving Attack's cooldown has been reduced to 12 seconds from 20 seconds.
    Falconry: Coordinated Strike's cooldown has been reduced to 25 seconds from 60 seconds.
    All instances of Divine Might are now: "Battle Trance: You gain an Insight bonus to Damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds."
    Divine Might, Divine Will, Harper's Know the Angles, and Falconry's Deadly Instinct's Damage components now provide an actual Insight bonus to Damage (as their tooltips claim they do), meaning they provide damage to both Melee and Ranged attacks and do not stack with other Insight bonuses to Damage.
    War Soul's Divine Presence is now redundant (doing exactly what the new Divine Might does), so it has been removed.
    Ear Smash/Knockout's Sleep component no longer works on enemies who should be immune to Sleep.
    Ear Smash/Knockout's Sleep effect now ends on damage, as Sleep effects are supposed to.
    Ear Smash/Knockout's Stun effect no longer works on enemies who should be immune to Stun.

Just finished reading the ranged combat changes and I have to say they monumentally fucked up even more, so much that I don't even know if they actually try being so goddamn stupid.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 12:56pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
RIP twitching. Animations are .. awkward. But standing still now attacks faster than moving, so /shrug. Bastard Swords and Dwarven Axes are garbage.

Archer's Focus now 5 RP/stack and only accumulated while standing still.  More bandaids for bows added.  Multitude of Missiles nerfed to 100 dshot and 2x BAB RP (was 120/4x).  And Inquisitive nerfed further with Battle Engineer/Mechanic enhancements treating dual crossbows as repeaters.  Dual crossbows now only apply 50% doubleshot (down from 66%).

Only minor tweaks/unannounced changes since preview 1, so prepare for U45 to drop next week.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:27pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #108 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
So...THF Barbs with Greatswords/Greataxes, or Monks and Rogues with Q-Staves then?

Ugh. Boring.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:27pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #109 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:17pm:
RIP twitching. Animations are .. awkward. But standing still now attacks faster than moving, so /shrug. Bastard Swords and Dwarven Axes are garbage.

Archer's Focus now 5 RP/stack and only accumulated while standing still.  More bandaids for bows added.  Multitude of Missiles nerfed to 100 dshot and 2x BAB RP (was 120/4x).  And Inquisitive nerfed further with Battle Engineer/Mechanic enhancements treating dual crossbows as repeaters.  Dual crossbows now only apply 50% doubleshot (down from 66%).

Only minor tweaks/unannounced changes since preview 1, so prepare for U45 to drop next week.

xbow recall/fast shrine/doors RIP?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #110 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:25pm:
So...THF Barbs with Greatswords/Greataxes, or Monks and Rogues with Q-Staves then?

Ugh. Boring.

Or awesome. Something.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #111 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Pretty big nerf to old school Divine Might. With it adding to Str, you'd get a significant boost to accuracy as well as 1.5 that bonus to damage when 2HF.

I thought they wanted to boost pally. Between nerfing DM and losing the massive light dmg proc on every 2HF glance, what can they possibly add to pally for a net gain?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #112 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:32pm:
Pretty big nerf to old school Divine Might. With it adding to Str, you'd get a significant boost to accuracy as well as 1.5 that bonus to damage when 2HF.

I thought they wanted to boost pally. Between nerfing DM and losing the massive light dmg proc on every 2HF glance, what can they possibly add to pally for a net gain?

They upped overall light dmg with changing it from 100% scaling to 200%, but its still to low. Losing the glancing blows is a loss obviously, and it doesnt come close to the 14d6-17d6 you get in the inquisitive tree which it should have imo.

combine that with the nerf of stalwart pact back to a shitty defensive buff and its like wtf are they thinking?

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:31pm:
xbow recall/fast shrine/doors RIP?

RIP.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #114 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Bastard Swords, Dwarven Axes, and Bears all just got the boot into the dumpster. Classic.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Did they have to "fix" ear smash? Were people really saying "That barbarian is OP"

This game has gone to hell. I'm glad I stopped playing. It's like checking your ex's facebook and finding out she got the clap after you broke up. Makes you happy in a way, but a little sad too.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Ear Smash was dumb af before letting it work with Strikethrough. The only surprise is how long it took SSG to make the change.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #117 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 3:41pm:
RIP.

Thx the HC shit.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #118 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:28pm:
Thx the HC shit.

Ditto.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #119 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
RIP earsmash

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:17pm:

Inquisitive is so far dead and buried that it will never come back. Has any class been nerfed this hard before? Monk was still playable after their nerfs, but this is absolute hot garbage.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #121 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:09am:
Inquisitive is so far dead and buried that it will never come back. Has any class been nerfed this hard before? Monk was still playable after their nerfs, but this is absolute hot garbage.

Unpopular opinion:
Considering that INQ is not even an actual class and was supposed to be twink stuff for bowgun users, I'd say it's fine like this. It should had never been made a standalone top dps ENHANCEMENT three. Worst part? It was all part of the plan, Sev and the crew knew it from day fucking one how ridiculously OP INQ was but money is money. Get those fuckers addicted to the new easy mode and watch them rage when it runs out while you brew the next meta

Meanwhile rangers may as well forget they have archer focus, just like now. It's just a meme stance that is viable in 0.1% of gameplay regardless of how good it looks. Make no mistake, I'm glad they gave it a bit more RP but it's all stuff I'm almost never going to use anyway so, what gives?

The only stuff I actually like from this preview is the THF changes but I'm somewhat doubtful on how to make it work with bastard swords/dwarven axe now because of the strike through (and my next planned life is going to use a bastard sword). SWF to boost attack speed and single target dps will automatically lock the THF to boost ST as they are mutually exclusive (and I was not planning to take both anyway as it would be too costly in terms of feats)

Guess I will hold on TR and plan accordingly.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2020 at 5:31am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 5:29am:
out while you brew the next meta

It swings firmly back to casters and melees. There are very few ranged builds that are good now. A smattering of the same shuri throwers we had forever, VKF dagger throwers, and maybe a 18 rogue mech using Volley and NHB. That's it for ranged builds. And they're not even that great. The IPS and reload speed nerfs hit everything else and not just Inquisitive. Multitude of Missiles lost 20 dshot and 60 RP. Only gain was AF reverting to old stacking and 2 more Rp per stack.

No one could test archers because alacrity for them is screwed. The new ui in the character sheet tabs displays only 10% ranged/bow speed. No matter what feat, twist, destiney, or bow. And the dps looked shitty from what I saw.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #123 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:07am:
It swings firmly back to casters and melees. There are very few ranged builds that are good now. A smattering of the same shuri throwers we had forever, VKF dagger throwers, and maybe a 18 rogue mech using Volley and NHB. That's it for ranged builds. And they're not even that great. The IPS and reload speed nerfs hit everything else and not just Inquisitive. Multitude of Missiles lost 20 dshot and 60 RP. Only gain was AF reverting to old stacking and 2 more Rp per stack.

No one could test archers because alacrity for them is screwed. The new ui in the character sheet tabs displays only 10% ranged/bow speed. No matter what feat, twist, destiney, or bow. And the dps looked shitty from what I saw.

Yup, I read that on MB where someone complained that  ranged alacrity seem to be  hard capped at 35% when you turn off IPS effectively giving the finger to bow users and that is with an unclear 10% that we still don't know if comes from primal hymn (epic twist) or shot on the run. Ranged are not in a good spot for now and the only choice we have it to suck it up or stick with next meta.

So much for "balance". Fixing one thing means breaking 3 others including something that was not even up to par in the first place. GG

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #124 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Chop chop fuckers
Off at the knees
If you want your legs back
Aka legolas
Shot on the run