Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lam probably next week (Read 25465 times)
Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Lam probably next week
Reply #150 - Feb 4th, 2020 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 4th, 2020 at 9:06pm:
Gonna be hard to convince me that THF melee will be overpowered. Even with these changes.

Same. I'm not seeing it. You're going to have to be a barbarian to consistently get above 300% (3 targets) on strikethrough.

But cleaves being able to doublestrike does help make up for the literal AoE nerf with losing glancing blows X target potential.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #151 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 4th, 2020 at 9:06pm:
Gonna be hard to convince me that THF melee will be overpowered. Even with these changes.

Yep.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #152 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Feb 4th, 2020 at 6:03pm:

Their original idea for what constitutes proper AoE was so retarded that anything decent in comparison becomes YUUUUGEE

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #153 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Feb 4th, 2020 at 10:16pm:
Same. I'm not seeing it. You're going to have to be a barbarian to consistently get above 300% (3 targets) on strikethrough.

But cleaves being able to doublestrike does help make up for the literal AoE nerf with losing glancing blows X target potential.

Ok I'll try.  Just imagine a wolf with about an extra 75 base damage already on top of their 450ish base dmg, now add in dance of death permanently.  Your looking at a melee that will literally hit for near 3k a swing no debuffs at all no helpless on 4 mobs all the time with near 100% doublestrike. Forgot to mention they also crit 30% of the time and have an active that can multiproc crits. Combine that with the survivability of wolf/bear and the amount of helpless boost in dmg, its really going to be out of hand.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 2:22pm:
Ok I'll try.  Just imagine a wolf with about an extra 75 base damage already on top of their 450ish base dmg, now add in dance of death permanently.  Your looking at a melee that will literally hit for near 3k a swing no debuffs at all no helpless on 4 mobs all the time with near 100% doublestrike. Forgot to mention they also crit 30% of the time and have an active that can multiproc crits. Combine that with the survivability of wolf/bear and the amount of helpless boost in dmg, its really going to be out of hand.

There are going to be some absolutely INCREDIBLE melee characters on each server.

...but it's still only going to be a half dozen total per server  (maybe 8 or 9 per server on the biggest raiding servers) because most melee are absolute shit and you have to get in with the enemies to make those hits, so most melee characters are either going to charge in and die immediately or wait for the Mass Hold to hit and then who gives a crap if the damage is better because everything is already held.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 3:33pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #156 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Why are they so butt fucking dumb about paladins fuck.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 4:08pm:

Which part? There are a lot of parts of dumb, but which parts in particular are the ones that impress you most?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #158 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 4:26pm:
Which part? There are a lot of parts of dumb, but which parts in particular are the ones that impress you most?

I'm only speaking for me so ignore if you only want to know Cripey's opinion.

Paladins are great in v3.5 and Pathfinder because their Smites were awesome.

In DDO, smites are virtually meaningless. Either make smites super awesome to help deal out some REALLY substantial burst DPS or drop them completely and make some REAL improvements on sustained DPS.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #159 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 5:13pm:
I'm only speaking for me so ignore if you only want to know Cripey's opinion.

Paladins are great in v3.5 and Pathfinder because their Smites were awesome.

In DDO, smites are virtually meaningless. Either make smites super awesome to help deal out some REALLY substantial burst DPS or drop them completely and make some REAL improvements on sustained DPS.

OR they could code other better abilities that draw from the smite pool use just like they did with turn undead since you had to make heavy investments with it and it would barely be viable (maybe) up to mid content?

Some abilities did not translate well form pnp to game both for mechanical reason and, especially, from lack of will and skill to make things work. They could simply make a new clickie that increase melee power by 30 + pally level and be done with it. There, fixed.

Was just fooling around a little bit but the core is pretty much it. Nobody uses turn undead but everyone with 12 clerics levels uses the healing aura (that uses turn undead)

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #160 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
An enhancement that added 30 MP, somewhere high up in the tiers (Tier 5, likely) would do a lot for sustained DPS.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 4:08pm:

Paladins are getting hella love this update, I honestly dont understand the gripe.

Heres a short list just in case: (only new benefits listed)
3% damage overall
15 mp spell
10 mp on sacrifice
10 mp on censure (+5 overall)
A 6 second leap similar to spring attack
An aoe instakill cleave that can now doublestrike and scales with attack speed
Basically a 10% chance to daze anything evil on an attack
Light damage basically doubled in cores
A favored weapon buff against undead/outsider that will net them 75 melee power

When fighting undead/evil outsider there wont even be a contest to see who can keep up in damage, its pally all the way.  When not fighting I put them behind barbarians (strikethru boost and survivability), and ahead of kensei (poor fighters)

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #162 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 3:33pm:

Nah. Barbarians will be king. Maybe bearbarians might make a momentary appearance. But DPS bears are a sleeper until we see Shifter. If shifter can make up for the strength difference you're going to see between bears and bearbarians against pure barbs. Then maybe.

But that assumes shifter isn't going to be mutually exclusive and somehow uninformed fuckwits don't manage to get bears preemptively nuked before we test shit.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #163 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 2:22pm:

Imma need to see your logic on this table math.

Where are you pulling the 75 damage from? Only bears using 2-handers are getting the 3x multiplier. Wolves aren't getting anything from these changes.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:17pm:
Nah. Barbarians will be king. Maybe bearbarians might make a momentary appearance. But DPS bears are a sleeper until we see Shifter. If shifter can make up for the strength difference you're going to see between bears and bearbarians against pure barbs. Then maybe.

But that assumes shifter isn't going to be mutually exclusive and somehow uninformed fuckwits don't manage to get bears preemptively nuked before we test shit.

Bearbarians can get damn near the same str LOL.

Pure barb = 6 from double frenzy and 10 from mighty rage versus 2 rams might 4 giant growth 2 frenzy 6 greater rage

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:13pm:

You know that’s going to get nerfed in the next patch after this.

Even though there’s half a dozen builds that can kill a swarm of HP bloated enemies on Reaper faster.

If it didn’t have the loooong cool down, I’d be really impressed. As it stands now, I think this is a good ability, but it’s the only thing on the list that is impressive. The rest is all “Hey, you suck less now!”

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #166 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
Imma need to see your logic on this table math.

Where are you pulling the 75 damage from? Only bears using 2-handers are getting the 3x multiplier. Wolves aren't getting anything from these changes.

You realize wolf adds literally nothing to dps bear doesnt, besides some attack speed and sneak dmg???? Wolves can currently get damn near 110 str without divine might currently, bears can get exact same.  110 str = 50 modifer = 75 dmg with two handed fighting 150 with new two handed fighting

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
I do hope that Bearbarians and Barbarians both go big and are way stronger than I think they’ll be because I’d like to knock out the rest of my Divine and Martial Epic past lives finally.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #168 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:22pm:
Bearbarians can get damn near the same str LOL.

Pure barb = 6 from double frenzy and 10 from mighty rage versus 2 rams might 4 giant growth 2 frenzy 6 greater rage

You and I clearly envisioned different level splits on the bearbarian.

With the changes to cleaves using attack speed bonuses; I was imagining 18/x splits for the 10% style bonus and picking up the low hanging fruit boosts. Hence the larger strength difference.

That being said. The difference is bigger due to ED twists and whether or not they are working with bear rage atm. Fatesinger's T4 primal hymn is an extra +3 strength.

PS: ram's might and animal growth don't stack the strength bonus. They are both typed as size, so you only get +4 tops.

IE the rage chart:

Pure Barb: 10 (mighty rage) + 3 (power rage) + 2 (frenzy) + 4 (death frenzy) + 3 (primal hymn) = 22

Your example Bearbarian: 6 (greater rage) + 3 (power rage) + 2 (enduring beast) + 2 (frenzy) + 2/4 Ram's/Animal Growth = 17 (20 if primal hymn applies)

18/x Bearbarian: 4 (rage) + 3 (power rage) + 2 (enduring beast) + 2/4 Ram's/Animal Growth = 13 (16 if primal hymn applies)

Pure Bear: 4 (rage) + 2 (enduring beast) +2/4 Ram's/animal Growth = 10 (13 if primal hymn applies)

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2020 at 8:02am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #169 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 7:51am:
You and I clearly envisioned different level splits on the bearbarian.

With the changes to cleaves using attack speed bonuses; I was imagining 18/x splits for the 10% style bonus and picking up the low hanging fruit boosts. Hence the larger strength difference.

That being said. The difference is bigger due to ED twists and whether or not they are working with bear rage atm. Fatesinger's T4 primal hymn is an extra +3 strength.

PS: ram's might and animal growth don't stack the strength bonus. They are both typed as size, so you only get +4 tops.

And bears get symmetric strikes for 5% overall damage > martial hymn/primal
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2020 at 7:59am by Teth »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #170 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 7:58am:
And bears get symmetric strikes for 5% overall damage > martial hymn/primal

5% doesn't remotely beat any of the barbarian capstones though. And since greater rage requires 11 barbarian, I'm not seeing seeing a big enough trade off on the high barb splits.

A lot of the bear power comes from the cores like great maul and the attack speed boosts.

Because don't forget even though they 'sped' up the bear animations, they are still pretty awful.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #171 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Feb 5th, 2020 at 7:13pm:
Paladins are getting hella love this update, I honestly dont understand the gripe.

Heres a short list just in case: (only new benefits listed)
3% damage overall
15 mp spell
10 mp on sacrifice
10 mp on censure (+5 overall)
A 6 second leap similar to spring attack
Basically a 10% chance to daze anything evil on an attack
Light damage basically doubled in cores
A favored weapon buff against undead/outsider that will net them 75 melee power

When fighting undead/evil outsider there wont even be a contest to see who can keep up in damage, its pally all the way.  When not fighting I put them behind barbarians (strikethru boost and survivability), and ahead of kensei (poor fighters)

Most of that is garbage.

Core light dmg is still way to weak the math was done and posted many times. Feedback was ignored.

Lots of temp mp boosts did not save this class, the kotc update left it towards the bottom of the dps pile.

The aoe executioners strike is a good addition for a chance to aoe instakill once every 30 seconds.

Grands Superhero IRL

EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #172 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 9:57am:
Most of that is garbage.

Core light dmg is still way to weak the math was done and posted many times. Feedback was ignored.

Lots of temp mp boosts did not save this class, the kotc update left it towards the bottom of the dps pile.

The aoe executioners strike is a good addition for a chance to aoe instakill once every 30 seconds.

Light damage scaling wasn't going to get tweaked due to Inquisitor. Now that the light damage works with ranged, people would flip shit if post nerf law dice inquisitors could make it up via playing KotC builds using the light dice to replace that.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #173 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 9:58am:
Light damage scaling wasn't going to get tweaked due to Inquisitor. Now that the light damage works with ranged, people would flip shit if post nerf law dice inquisitors could make it up via playing KotC builds using the light dice to replace that.

The minor reduction in law dmg for inquisitor of 150% ranged power @ 14- 17d6 law dmg compared to the shitty 200% @7d6 light dmg you get if you go pure 20 paladin has nothing to do with anything.

You are dumb and should let the adults talk now.

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #174 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 10:16am:
The minor reduction in law dmg for inquisitor of 150% ranged power @ 14- 17d6 law dmg compared to the shitty 200% @7d6 light dmg you get if you go pure 20 paladin has nothing to do with anything.

You are dumb and should let the adults talk now.

Alright brainlet. Do you think they were going to give paladin let's just say 10-12d6 light damage per hit. When they know that there will still be the law dice for inquisitive?

It's too much work for them to make stance that makes the light damage mutually exclusive with the law damage.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint