Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lam probably next week (Read 25468 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Lam probably next week
Reply #175 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Barbs, bears, pally, and kensei will all be good for thf melee. Alchemists will make for good melees.

Rogue and wolf are still where they were before update. Melee is in a good spot. AoE CC is very important in higher difficulties, and a THFer will be able to tactics-lock a spawn of mobs.

Tempest got needlessly nerfed on number of targets and AP cost to get DoD to max number of targets. Expect the 2 or 3 good tempests on your server to tr out of it.

Ranged is suffering as there are only 2 ways to do it. Shuri or dagger. If you said dart, stfu and exit out of the website.

I thought maybe a great xbow mechanic would be good dps during the NHB timer, but when on cool down it's a legit dumpster fire.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 10:59am:
Alright brainlet. Do you think they were going to give paladin let's just say 10-12d6 light damage per hit. When they know that there will still be the law dice for inquisitive?

Nobody gives a shit about Inquisitive anymore now that it's been nerfed in every conceivable way possible.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #177 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 11:19am:
Barbs, bears, pally, and kensei will all be good for thf melee. Alchemists will make for good melees.

Rogue and wolf are still where they were before update. Melee is in a good spot. AoE CC is very important in higher difficulties, and a THFer will be able to tactics-lock a spawn of mobs.

Tempest got needlessly nerfed on number of targets and AP cost to get DoD to max number of targets. Expect the 2 or 3 good tempests on your server to tr out of it.

Ranged is suffering as there are only 2 ways to do it. Shuri or dagger. If you said dart, stfu and exit out of the website.

I thought maybe a great xbow mechanic would be good dps during the NHB timer, but when on cool down it's a legit dumpster fire.

Good summary.   

For top meta:

Expect a lot of bears and barbarians and THF in general.  Rogue is probably the only TWF you will see.   

Ranged is all thrower.  Dagger or Stars. 

If you OK with being a step down, 2nd tier your options are more varied.

I don't think it iwll be top tier, but I'm curious what you can do with a bastard sword or D-Axe.  Maybe with Vanguard  Those builds might be interesting.  It's tough when changes come in though with no lama pass to tinker. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #178 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 1:00pm:
Nobody gives a shit about Inquisitive anymore now that it's been nerfed in every conceivable way possible.

People talked about trying to use the Poison stuff in Alchem to prop up Inquis.  It's just not there.  The base changes to reload speed changes, animiations, and the doubleshot hit make it a non-starter.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #179 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 1:20pm:
Good summary.   

For top meta:

Expect a lot of bears and barbarians and THF in general.  Rogue is probably the only TWF you will see.   

Ranged is all thrower.  Dagger or Stars. 

If you OK with being a step down, 2nd tier your options are more varied.

I don't think it iwll be top tier, but I'm curious what you can do with a bastard sword or D-Axe.  Maybe with Vanguard  Those builds might be interesting.  It's tough when changes come in though with no lama pass to tinker. 

I saw a shit ton of bugs in thrown attack speed in Llama. Going to wait to see how many of those end up in Live before saying whether U45 thrower (stars OR dagger) are viable.

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #180 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Re: Five Foot Swash 3.0
Since you can’t sing or spell,
You should prob stick to pure barb
Are you and tilo working on something?

Ya, went there, quoted myself
See, I’m that good

Is 5 foot a dev?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #181 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 1:20pm:
Rogue is probably the only TWF you will see.   

Yep. Someone has to debuff boss mobs for the bearbarians.

NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 6th, 2020 at 2:18pm:
I saw a shit ton of bugs in thrown attack speed in Llama. Going to wait to see how many of those end up in Live before saying whether U45 thrower (stars OR dagger) are viable.

Alchemist 24 sec kobold kill time during Preview 2 = good enough.  Shuri was about the same.  And with Inquis in the shitter, throwers are the only ranged option in PN unless you have sorcs with limitless mana pots.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint