Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lam probably next week (Read 25450 times)
Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Lam probably next week
Reply #25 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Lot of talk about "balance changes" in that post, whatever those mean.  Roll Eyes

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Alchemist Class Skills: Bluff, Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Haggle, Heal, Search, Spot, Spellcraft, UMD.

.75 BAB attack.

Granted feats:
Insightful Reflexes (Level 2)
Knowledge Potions (like Artificers)
+”some feat good for throwers”
Evasion (Level 15)

Bonus feat every 4 levels: includes all Metamagic feats including the new Accelerate Spell (aka Quicken Admixture), Precision, Precise Shot, Shot on the Run, Dodge, Mobility, Rapid Shot, Insightful Courage — INT for Will saves, Insightful Fortitude — INT for Fort saves [Can only take either Courage or Fortitude.]

^ from Strimtom's interview with SteelStar, so you dont have to suffer through it.

Steel said they dont wear armor, but Profane Experiment has light armor option.  *scratches head*

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
"Ranged Combat Changes"
...so not just Inquisitive? I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Hoping "let's fuck with all ranged attacks" doesn't end up being their solution to Make Melee Great Again.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #28 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 8:54pm:
Alchemist Class Skills: Bluff, Balance, Concentration, Diplomacy, Haggle, Heal, Search, Spot, Spellcraft, UMD.
Steel said they dont wear armor, but Profane Experiment has light armor option.  *scratches head*

Well fuck. I was really hoping that alchemist would somewhat support/allow you to go melee despite their extremely retarded concept of a hybrid thrower-caster class.

Here's hoping people can convince them to toss a few melee appropriate feats/changes to the class and trees.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:19pm:
"Ranged Combat Changes"
...so not just Inquisitive? I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Hoping "let's fuck with all ranged attacks" doesn't end up being their solution to Make Melee Great Again.

They can't kill their unborn money-making child.  I bet nerfs are to Law dmg scaling and reduced dshot with offhand xbow.

Crossbow is a simple weapon and works with Vile Chemist tree, according to Steelstar.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2020 at 9:37pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 6:07pm:
    Revamped "Catacombs" and "Delara's Graveyard" Adventure Packs
        New Epic versions of both Adventure Packs

That's a surprise. What level are these?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #31 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 1:14pm:
That's a surprise. What level are these?

Not sure yet, refreshing the mobo every 10 or so minutes to try and get the release notes.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Lol rip ips

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 1:43pm:
Not sure yet, refreshing the mobo every 10 or so minutes to try and get the release notes.

23 cata 27 delera

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #34 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
True Nerfage:

"Ratcatcher" now has a critical profile of 18-20/x3 (down from 17-20/x3)

To downright annoying:

Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.

I wonder if that means they are removing the Mailbox/banker/auctioneer/tavern from the basement now. I mean obviously it was so OP to be able to hit Sands/GH from the Squid....

I can sort of understand removing the 30 Resist Buffs but while that annoys me, the idea that the transport NPC is too much is just fucking stupid as fuck.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:16pm by Synchrono »  

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
They're killing the hold guild buffs? Boo!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Wait till tempests read the dod nerfs...

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #37 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Other Ranged changes:

General
  • Improved Precise Shot now reduces Ranged Damage by 20% while active.
  • Archer's Focus has been redesigned: Offensive Ranged Stance: This stance grants power to those who focus their attacks on a single target. Once per second, attacking a foe with a Ranged weapon will grant you a stack of Archer's Focus: +3 Competence Bonus to Ranged Power that lasts for 6 seconds. This effect can stack up to 15 times by attacking the same target. Attacking a different target with a Ranged Weapon will reset your stacks of this effect.
  • Rapid Reload now increases the reload speed of Great Crossbows, Dual Light Crossbows, and Dual Light Crossbows by less than before.
  • Endless Fusillade and No Holds Barred now require a Crossbow to be equipped in order to activate.
  • Endless Fusillade and No Holds Barred now play a Reload animation on activation before the effect starts. (This is shorter than the previous activation animation this skill had, though it now plays consistently).

New Feats
  • Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise: Requires 13 Dexterity: You are skilled with the use of Simple Thrown Weapons (Throwing Daggers and Darts) and while using one, you gain Doubleshot equal to your Dexterity.
  • Multitude of Missiles: Requires Point Blank Shot and +6 Base Attack Bonus: For the next 20 seconds, while wielding a Simple Thrown Weapon add 120 to your Doubleshot and 4x your Base Attack Bonus to Ranged Power. Shares a cooldown with Manyshot.

Ranger
  • Ranger: Deepwood Stalker's Heavy Draw no longer reduces Attack by 5 when toggled on, and now also grants a +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier to Longbows and Shortbows while toggled on.
  • Ranger: Deepwood Stalker's Strikes Like Lightning now also adds 10% Ranged Alacrity with Longbows and Shortbows when you do not have Improved Precise Shot enabled.

Inquisitive
  • Dual Crossbow combat style now only uses 66% of your Doubleshot.
  • Inquisitive Law Dice now scale with 150% Ranged Power (was 200%)
  • "Improved Law" and "Greater Law" in Inquisitive now grant +1 Law Die (previously +2).

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Well you've got to hard core nerf all ranged if you want to sell tosser alchemists to everybody. (Before you nerf those down the road......circle of life baby)

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Some highlights:

Draconic blast and fire breath cooldowns increased a bunch. The only meaningful nerf to Sorcerers which are already better than Inquisitives.

Ratcatcher was completely neutered to the point where you can just throw them away.

Lots of other ranged nerfs including a 20% damage reduction to IPS. Not sure what that means (just the main number, or all numbers in the damage, etc?)

30 resist ship buffs are going away.

Glancing Blows going away, getting replaced with a free automatic attack on a second target nearby if you get lucky.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Season 2 of Hardcore is coming "very soon" and U45 is a lot of balance changes to make that more exciting and better than ever!!!1!1!!one!!!eleven!!!!

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #41 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Vile Chemist doesn't scale just like EK. The tree will be ok in heroics but will fall off in epics. It definitely won't do anything in reaper.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #42 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
If someone has the pics of new items from catacombs/delera, please post them to review. I wont give those fuckers the satisfaction  going to lama when they pulled that crap.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:52pm:
If someone has the pics of new items from catacombs/delera, please post them to review. I wont give those fuckers the satisfaction  going to lama when they pulled that crap.

Heroic: https://imgur.com/a/yMFa6Gq

Epic: https://imgur.com/a/YdyMMfN

(these aren't mine, they're from a post on the MB)
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:55pm by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #44 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:54pm:
(these aren't mine, they're from a post on the MB)

You sir, are a gentleman

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Voice of the Master doesn't have any changes.

Epic chain gives Master's Gift as a chain reward option.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #46 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Synchrono wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:43pm:
Other Ranged changes:

General
  • Improved Precise Shot now reduces Ranged Damage by 20% while active.
  • Archer's Focus has been redesigned: Offensive Ranged Stance: This stance grants power to those who focus their attacks on a single target. Once per second, attacking a foe with a Ranged weapon will grant you a stack of Archer's Focus: +3 Competence Bonus to Ranged Power that lasts for 6 seconds. This effect can stack up to 15 times by attacking the same target. Attacking a different target with a Ranged Weapon will reset your stacks of this effect.
  • Rapid Reload now increases the reload speed of Great Crossbows, Dual Light Crossbows, and Dual Light Crossbows by less than before.
  • Endless Fusillade and No Holds Barred now require a Crossbow to be equipped in order to activate.
  • Endless Fusillade and No Holds Barred now play a Reload animation on activation before the effect starts. (This is shorter than the previous activation animation this skill had, though it now plays consistently).

New Feats
  • Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise: Requires 13 Dexterity: You are skilled with the use of Simple Thrown Weapons (Throwing Daggers and Darts) and while using one, you gain Doubleshot equal to your Dexterity.
  • Multitude of Missiles: Requires Point Blank Shot and +6 Base Attack Bonus: For the next 20 seconds, while wielding a Simple Thrown Weapon add 120 to your Doubleshot and 4x your Base Attack Bonus to Ranged Power. Shares a cooldown with Manyshot.

Ranger
  • Ranger: Deepwood Stalker's Heavy Draw no longer reduces Attack by 5 when toggled on, and now also grants a +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier to Longbows and Shortbows while toggled on.
  • Ranger: Deepwood Stalker's Strikes Like Lightning now also adds 10% Ranged Alacrity with Longbows and Shortbows when you do not have Improved Precise Shot enabled.

Inquisitive
  • Dual Crossbow combat style now only uses 66% of your Doubleshot.
  • Inquisitive Law Dice now scale with 150% Ranged Power (was 200%)
  • "Improved Law" and "Greater Law" in Inquisitive now grant +1 Law Die (previously +2).

LMAO.  Good lord SSG devs prove once again that they're top-tier idiots who have zero clue how their own game really works.

So in one month, Inquisitives have gone from "100s of hours of our testing show Inquistives are exactly where we want them to be." to "holyfuckomgwtfzorn3rfz! Inquisitives are OP'd!  Let's nerf the Law die, the fire rate, the doubleshot bonus, and the NHB animation.  Oh yeah, and let's fuck up IPS and nerf the only light/heavy crossbow worth a shit until ML26 while we're at it."

Apparently they don't understand that nerfing multiple effects with stacking, multiplicative benefits results in a multiplicative nerf.  All those idiots had to do to fix Inqusitives was make the doubleshot bonus apply 50% while dualwielding and it'd likely have been about right.

Instead, they've reduced doubleshot by 33%, Law die by 20%, IPS damage by 20%, and ranged alacrity by some amount (let's assume 5%). 

LOL   This is going to be epic.

And as always kids, remember, exploit early and often.

« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2020 at 9:46pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #47 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 7:16pm:
Epic chain gives Master's Gift as a chain reward option.

Lame, also they digged up therenal´s coffin and put a extra nail to that pack

IP Logged

mr420247
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Some one said its gonna be 1500 AS for a xp shrine thats insane

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #49 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:09pm:
LMAO.  Good lord SSG devs are once again that they're top-tier idiots who have zero clue how their own game really works.

So in one month, Inquisitives have gone from "100s of hours of our testing show Inquistives are exactly where we want them to be." to "holyfuckomgwtfzorn3rfz! Inquisitives are OP'd!  Let's nerf the Law die, the fire rate, the doubleshot bonus, and the NHB animation.  Oh yeah, and let's fuck up IPS and nerf the only light/heavy crossbow worth a shit until ML26 while we're at it."

Apparently they don't understand that nerfing multiple effects with stacking, multiplicative benefits results in a multiplicative nerf.  All those idiots had to do to fix Inqusitives was make the doubleshot bonus apply 50% while dualwielding and it'd likely have been about right.

Instead, they've reduced doubleshot by 33%, Law die by 20%, IPS damage by 20%, and ranged alacrity by some amount (let's assume 5%). 

LOL   This is going to be epic.

And as always kids, remember, exploit early and often.

In truth if nothing else Symbiot's soloing PN on a FvS Inq build is what woke them the fuck up at least internally. But it's a pattern Turdbin/SSG uses to sell the new "Hotness" too. Artificer, Warlock, Inquisitive and soon to be released Alchemist.

I am not surprised one bit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint