Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lam probably next week (Read 25444 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Lam probably next week
Reply #50 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:56pm:
Lol rip ips

Jesus tapdancing Christ on a popsicle.

They are THAT retarded  Angry

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #51 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Honestly vote with your wallets folks. If you want to piss and moan all day about ranged getting nerfed and inquisitive destroyed, then show them by cancelling your subs.

It's not that hard. Hell it might even get through their thick skulls, and if not we can all sit back and chuckle at what finally killed DDO.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #52 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
"Ratcatcher" now has a critical profile of 18-20/x3 (down from 17-20/x3).
Dual Crossbow combat style now only uses 66% of your Doubleshot.
Inquisitive Law Dice now scale with 150% Ranged Power (was 200%).
"Improved Law" and "Greater Law" in Inquisitive now grant +1 Law Die (previously +2).
Improved Precise Shot now reduces Ranged Damage by 20% while active.
Rapid Reload now increases the reload speed of Great Crossbows, Dual Light Crossbows, and Dual Light Crossbows by less than before.

RIP Inquisitive Sad way to fucking go SSG you bunch of gay retarded French cunts! All of them need to be fired as devs and told to play the fucking game for like 3 years to understand what they are talking about before they pull shit like this!

Un fucking believable!

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #53 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 10:21am
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 3:40am:
RIP Inquisitive Sad way to fucking go SSG you bunch of gay retarded French cunts! All of them need to be fired as devs and told to play the fucking game for like 3 years to understand what they are talking about before they pull shit like this!

Un fucking believable!

Dude, I'll be the first one to slam those incompetents assholes and even be quicker to flat out say the changes to ranged combat are mostly asinine with the only exception of removing the "standing still" from archer focus but inquisitive really needed a tone down.  It was greatly "over performing" compared to too many classes and builds

Anyone who expected SSG to keep inquisitive as it was (before selling it to as many people as possible, naturally) is simply delusional.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Synchrono wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 10:33pm:
In truth if nothing else Symbiot's soloing PN on a FvS Inq build is what woke them the fuck up at least internally. But it's a pattern Turdbin/SSG uses to sell the new "Hotness" too. Artificer, Warlock, Inquisitive and soon to be released Alchemist.

I am not surprised one bit.

Yeah anybody who is one bit surprised just hasn't been paying attention. They do this with EVERYTHING NOW. Release it OP as fuck, sell it awhile, wait until they milked enough money, then nerf it when they want you to buy something else.

Rinse, repeat.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #55 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Is this a "what you see is what you get" Lama? Or a "things are still up for debate" Lama?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:09pm:
So in one month, Inquisitives have gone from "100s of hours of our testing show Inquistives are exactly where we want them to be." to "holyfuckomgwtfzorn3rfz! Inquisitives are OP'd!  Let's nerf the Law die, the fire rate, the doubleshot bonus, and the NHB animation.  Oh yeah, and let's fuck up IPS and nerf the only light/heavy crossbow worth a shit until ML26 while we're at it."

Apparently they don't understand that nerfing multiple effects with stacking, multiplicative benefits results in a multiplicative nerf.  All those idiots had to do to fix Inqusitives was make the doubleshot bonus apply 50% while dualwielding and it'd likely have been about right.

Instead, they've reduced doubleshot by 33%, Law die by 20%, IPS damage by 20%, and ranged alacrity by some amount (let's assume 5%)

Carpone found Steel's post about the reload speed nerfs. Quote:
[SteelStar] Great Crossbow is only nudged down by 5% in that change; Dual Light/Heavy drop by about 20%.

And according to forum posters they fucked repeaters on that end as well! Cos, you know, all those repeaters running around smashing shit.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #57 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 11:15am:
[SteelStar] Great Crossbow is only nudged down by 5% in that change; Dual Light/Heavy drop by about 20%.

This is the real nerf to Inquisitive.

Also, Ratcatcher nerf, so you can't knock out heroic PLs as quickly as you're used to.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2020 at 11:24am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I'm only surprised they acted so quickly to nerf Inquis, considering wolf dominated DPS for 15 months before it got adjusted. 

I played the fuck out of Inquisitive since U42p4: 30+ past lives, enough RXP to get two toons from 30-ish points each to wings, and it was optimal for pushing skulls in raids.  It was OP as hell, made the meta boring and needed adjustment.  But SSG went overboard and now it's nerfed into oblivion, and needlessly took down great xbows with it.

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #59 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
The hunter marked the target
So now he gets retired

Besides, ranged is support
Not part of the trinity

Hay, you got horses out of it

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #60 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
C Troll wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 3:32pm:
Hay, you got horses out of it

Roll Eyes

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
They got what came out of the horse.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #62 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 10:21am:
Dude, I'll be the first one to slam those incompetents assholes and even be quicker to flat out say the changes to ranged combat are mostly asinine with the only exception of removing the "standing still" from archer focus but inquisitive really needed a tone down.  It was greatly "over performing" compared to too many classes and builds

Anyone who expected SSG to keep inquisitive as it was (before selling it to as many people as possible, naturally) is simply delusional.

Yeah it did fair enough on that but the way they have done is outrageous! They used ICBM instead of a scalpel because they are a bunch of fuckwits and don't understand a damn thing!

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #63 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 10:12am
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 9:50am:
Yeah it did fair enough on that but the way they have done is outrageous! They used ICBM instead of a scalpel because they are a bunch of fuckwits and don't understand a damn thing!

Word.
Not to mention that according to the moron in command, "IPS nerf has nothing to do with inquisitive being OP".

Yeah, okay that's an interesting point of view. Let's pretend inquisitive never happened so where does that leave us? What was the top ranged build before inquisitive? Was IPS even ever considered to be nerfed before?

I remember than even when monkcher was a thing, nobody even considered touching ips both in the devs and player base. Now....fast forward a few years and IPS is suddenly over performing (again, not counting inquisitive). Yeah, sorry not sorry, but I'm not buying whatever bullshit Severlin is selling. They have no idea how to fix things right now except to blindly swing the nerf bat creating the problem and, in a few months, they're going to sell us the solution with a new update for bow users.
FUCKERS

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 10:12am:
Word.
Not to mention that according to the moron in command, "IPS nerf has nothing to do with inquisitive being OP".

Yeah, okay that's an interesting point of view. Let's pretend inquisitive never happened so where does that leave us? What was the top ranged build before inquisitive? Was IPS even ever considered to be nerfed before?

I remember than even when monkcher was a thing, nobody even considered touching ips both in the devs and player base. Now....fast forward a few years and IPS is suddenly over performing (again, not counting inquisitive). Yeah, sorry not sorry, but I'm not buying whatever bullshit Severlin is selling. They have no idea how to fix things right now except to blindly swing the nerf bat creating the problem and, in a few months, they're going to sell us the solution with a new update for bow users.
FUCKERS

You realize the game has scaled numbers tremendously since a couple years ago? That’s the reason IPS needs/needed a nerf. It also keeps in check that inquis needed the additional nerfs, and other ranged styles need buffs.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #65 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 10:25am:
You realize the game has scaled numbers tremendously since a couple years ago? That’s the reason IPS needs/needed a nerf. It also keeps in check that inquis needed the additional nerfs, and other ranged styles need buffs.

I do, so did enemies hp values for enemies my good sir. My point stands perfectly. I find down right naive to believe inquisitive was not the reason IPS got the shaft. My sorc can blast for tens of thousands of damage with normal spells and yet, only my draconic breath is being nerfed with a longer cooldown

Nerf metamagics when? Oh right, we don't have a universal caster tree  Roll Eyes

Come on, seriously?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #66 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
IPS and ranged being an easy button for reaper has been an issue since reaper came out.   People have been complaining that ranged > melee for a long time.  Way before Inquis.

Heck, I remember it being bitched about back in the days of Elite Leg Shroud and Elite TS.   

Why do you think Epic Defensive Fighting is a thing?  That was a step in "Make melee not suck compared to ranged".      

The ranged meta of:  strong AoE DPS, strong defense (due to being out of melee range), mobility with DPS, single target DPS, and burst DPS has been problematic for a long time.

« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:34pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #67 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
If you think the only goal in this set of changes was to fix inquis, then why did Great Xbow get a 5% reduction in speed gain from Rapid Reload.  While light and heavy got a 20% and repeaters got 0%.   If the focus was strictly inquis, why modify a weapon type that doesn't relate to the inquis tree?   

Clearly they were trying to balance all ranged combat in several areas.   

It wasn't just about "oh they fixed inquis by hitting everyone because they don't know the game or are using an elephant gun to kill a fly"   It was we need to fix inquis and shuri and gxbow and repeaters all to different degrees.

The only people who really have a beef right now are bow users.  They did NOT deserve a 20% decrease in IPS capability.   Unless they just want to say "ranged is not going to be as good at AoE damage.  Period.  Full Stop." and then buff bows in some other way to compensate.  The 10% alacrity in DWS does not compensate.  And only benefits a subset of bow builds.  Work needs to be done there.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
SSG is getting excoriated and, frankly, they deserve it.

IP Logged

Chip
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
So the doubling of the Dragonbreath CD really doesn't matter, since you can still stagger DB > Energy Burst > Vortex > Meteor Swarm > Energy Burst > DB almost without issue, and if you happen to have Dragonborn breath attack that's essentially a baby draconic attack anyway.

It won't change how powerful Sorcerers are for deleting things and honestly after the Inquisitive nerfs it's plain to see that Sorcs will be the once-again kings of heroic and epic leveling.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #70 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Chip wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 4:02pm:
So the doubling of the Dragonbreath CD really doesn't matter, since you can still stagger DB > Energy Burst > Vortex > Meteor Swarm > Energy Burst > DB almost without issue, and if you happen to have Dragonborn breath attack that's essentially a baby draconic attack anyway.

It won't change how powerful Sorcerers are for deleting things and honestly after the Inquisitive nerfs it's plain to see that Sorcs will be the once-again kings of heroic and epic leveling.

To me personally it's not about sorcerers, that's kind of the problem. The shortsighted CD increased is aimed at nerfing sorcerers. Meanwhile the devs forget other classes can and do use draconic.

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Nerfs nerfs nerfs,this fucking company,even if someone can convince me that they are right and they need nerfs still yhey are not right but a bunch of idiots cause they are who released all this power so 2 things are happening
1) they don't know what they are doing and just release things and classes and them need to proceed on nerfs or
2) they know exactly what they are doing and doing these to sell before proceed to nerfs
Both are unforgiven for company who asks money for services especially if those things happens again and again and the ddo history is a loop,same things happens again and again
And why a player who payed and spend hours for a build must suffer for their stupidity
Just everyone don't log in for 3-4 days

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #72 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:30am
Print Post  
mog wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:21am:
they know exactly what they are doing and doing these to sell before proceed to nerfs

Yes

they don't know what they are doing

Also yes.

I know it seems counter intuitive, but they know that if they throw enough shit at the wall, things will stick and they will have something op enough that they can sell it at a premium.

They don't exactly know how or why, they just know numbers will stack in their favor eventually. Then after the few players that can figure it out do, they deny deny deny. Then months down the road, after it has been explained to them ad nauseum, they kind of sort of know what to nerf. But they fuck up because they still only kind of get it, even after having it explained to them over and over.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #73 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Nerfs nerfs nerfs,this fucking company,even if someone can convince me that they are right and they need nerfs still yhey are not right but a bunch of idiots cause they are who released all this power so 2 things are happening
1) they don't know what they are doing and just release things and classes and them need to proceed on nerfs or
2) they know exactly what they are doing and doing these to sell before proceed to nerfs
Both are unforgiven for company who asks money for services especially if those things happens again and again and the ddo history is a loop,same things happens again and again
And why a player who payed and spend hours for a build must suffer for their stupidity
Just everyone don't log in for 3-4 days

They need to nerf so they can sell more power creep.

And whales will gladly buy it in the first day.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #74 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Well alchemist is fun as a caster, so i do not give a fk that easy button inq got nerfed, all hail the new overlord, the bomb chucker.

They need a ability where they self detonate for a massive aoe tho
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2020 at 7:06am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint