Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Mobo Wailing and Gnashing of teeth (Read 6007 times)
Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Mobo Wailing and Gnashing of teeth
Jan 17th, 2020 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
So I have just spent fifteen minutes lowering my intelligence by reading Pyscoblonde's and others idiotic defense of the changes.
But the posts that struck me were from two separate accounts claiming to have provided the resources for the two biggest guilds on hard core, stating that they are gonna cut out based on the changes.
Does anyone thing the SSG sheltered workshop will take this seriously? Or even look at the account data to substantiate it?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Re: Mobo Wailing and Gnashing of teeth
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 5:02pm:
Does anyone thing the SSG sheltered workshop will take this seriously?

They don't take anything seriously.

They say they do, but if the players express an opinion that is contrary to their decision, it's not ever because the player has a valid point, it's because the player "doesn't understand".

Hope Lynabell is happy.  It seems she's damn good at her job job and now one of the rock stars.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 5:56pm:
Hope Lynabell is happy.  It seems she's damn good at her job job and now one of the rock stars.

Grin

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:04pm
Print Post  

I think it is a he not a she

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:04pm:
I think it is a he not a she

1) Clearly, I don't understand.

Selected a forum label that connotes female gender, prefers to identify using He/Him.
Sure, the connotation is not strong.
Arguably, "AdamBell", "MatthewBell", "RobertBell", and "Jaynne" were available and better choices if clarity were important.
Nope, go with Lynabell instead.

2) Rockstars can identify as he, she, turtles, razor blades, or cell phone chargers.  Doesn't change anything.

Don't let their actual plumbing or choice of pronouns distract you.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I can't be bothered looking completely into it, but are they seriously considering bringing back the hardcore server? 

I know their level of cluelessness includes having people in senior management positions that can literally say "well, if I learned anything in my 6 years of managing a game stop" but fucking come on. 

They literally don't know if they made or lost money on it the first time around.  Even an initial boost in revenue from subscriptions can easily be offset into the negatives by the loss of sales and subscriptions from people that didn't want to waste their time playing on the 8 other fucking empty servers.  They need at least a six month sample of comparing previous year's trends to begin to know if they actually made or lost money on this.

And they need to be hyper aware that each time they bring it back it will bring in less subs than the time before and do increasingly more damage to the other servers.  Once a year for only a month would probably be a good idea.  Every minute past those 30 days is just going to speed the death of the game.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Pyscoblonde's

She is a bad. Whatever she has said was always wrong, and because of her inability to be good, every thing she thinks is bad. She doesn't know that she is bad, because her level of self awareness is bad. I'm sure people have told her many times before that she is a bad, but she is too bad to understand why she is bad and how to fix it. Anything that heifer-looking bitch posts should be laughed at and made fun of.

TY for coming to my TED talk
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2020 at 7:16pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 7:16pm:
She is a bad. Whatever she has said was always wrong, and because of her inability to be good, every thing she thinks is bad. She doesn't know that she is bad, because her level of self awareness is bad. I'm sure people have told her many times before that she is a bad, but she is too bad to understand why she is bad and how to fix it. Anything that heifer-looking bitch posts should be laughed at and made fun of.

She's a brain-dead, actual fucking 2Head dumbass that can't put any forethought into any constructive criticism. At least fatherpirate knows how to shitpost but even that gets old with all the whiners.

SSG is going to do what they said they were going to do. Just like when many people were upset about the xp changes. If anything, expect less buffs to the things they said they would buff like bows, the, and pallies.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:57pm:
I can't be bothered looking completely into it, but are they seriously considering bringing back the hardcore server? 

This is the official thread on the balance changes that also mentions they were partly due in preperation for Hardcore season 2.

This post by someone on the mobos summed up the quotes well.

It would appear the Hardcore Servers were a great success for SSG. Be prepared for multiple upcoming seasons.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:09pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:05pm:
It would appear the Hardcore Servers were a great success for SSG. Be prepared for multiple upcoming seasons.

Thanks for tracking that down for me.  So they really are that stupid.  Was fun while it lasted.  I used to think I invested too much money into DDO to move on to a new MMO.  This year has been a real wake up call that I can't afford to invest more money into DDO on the path they're on.

Nuic wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 7:44pm:
She's a brain-dead, actual fucking 2Head dumbass that can't put any forethought into any constructive criticism.

Yeah, she ranks up there with (Thud? Turd? Whatever his fucking name is) as far as major reasons I stopped bothering trying to add constructive criticism to the mobos.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Also, my memory may be weak but this seems to be the first update in some time with no new content.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Clearly any turdbin employee is an "it", since it is the correct term to refer to pets.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #12 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 11:19pm
Print Post  

The Betht Thythtemth developer thince F_o_S  Cheesy

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #13 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Pyscoblonde's

I don't even pretend to try to read her past the first sentence or otherwise I will definitely catch brain tumor.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 2:24am
Print Post  

But she-he is 100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:15am
Print Post  
wot didya expect ?

Oh and side note : Lynn is a she.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Re: Lynnabel.  If you present your case for change with logic and do it politely, I've found her to be the most reasonable, open minded and responsive dev to interact with.  In the past week I've brought three issues to her attention that she's been eager to address: ditching the sunburst proc from Everstar as a QOL improvement, fixing LGS throwing daggers so they work with IPS against stationary targets, and addressing the unintentional movement when using Celestial Mandate. 

[Psychoblonde] is a bad. Whatever she has said was always wrong, and because of her inability to be good, every thing she thinks is bad. She doesn't know that she is bad, because her level of self awareness is bad. I'm sure people have told her many times before that she is a bad, but she is too bad to understand why she is bad and how to fix it. Anything that heifer-looking bitch posts should be laughed at and made fun of.

Textbook solipsism.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #17 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:15am:
Oh and side note : Lynn is a she.

Technically.

Lynnabel's real name was "Ellen" when she first started to intern at SSG. Then, somewhere along the line, she started to identify as a he and now goes by a male name - Quinton.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
I kinda get the she to he bit, but for the love of god, you've got a billion choices for a male name and you pick Quinton? What kind of lameass shit is that?

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #19 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 11:08am:
Technically.

Lynnabel's real name was "Ellen" when she first started to intern at SSG. Then, somewhere along the line, she started to identify as a he and now goes by a male name - Quinton.

Told ya she fell off the boat

Prob changed her Id because all the man crush
Every nerd in lover with her,
And now she’s cock blocking

Anyways, best rockstar yet

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #20 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 9:49am:
addressing the unintentional movement when using Celestial Mandate.

Steelstar replied to me asking about the race and sex of my build guessing that it's somehow race animation related.

It's been 3+ months since that reply and ... crickets.

I've learned to tank Forgewraith Titan on the left side, so Celestial Mandate/Draw them out wouldn't drop me in lava anymore...

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Did you forget to tell him that you are a crossbow wielder?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
C Troll wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 4:23pm:

you! i like you.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 7:21pm:
you! i like you.

Time to get that dyke Tolero on the case.....

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 11:08am:
Lynnabel's real name was "Ellen" when she first started to intern at SSG.

Yup. I wasn't aware of the rest... I can guess :
C Troll wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 4:23pm:

But the most weird is the the original Lynn had a crush on a specific Dev.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint