Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic TWF casual build theorycraft (Read 535 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

TWF casual build theorycraft
Feb 2nd, 2020 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I've been struck with a severe case of altitus recently and been building new characters, just trying out different things and trying to have fun. Lately I've been thinking I really want a twf character, but I find pure rangers really boring.

So I thought I'd try a twist on another build I enjoyed, 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 ranger built on a bladeforged. I did a test and it worked fairly well(1 paladin/11 ranger/3 wizard out the gate), was surviving and doing good damage on R1.

Then I was thinking, what about ditching Paladin and doing 4 fighter/5 wizard/11 ranger? Get all the 2wf feats from ranger + a lot of fighter feats. But I can't figure out if that 12 ranger level is worth it or not.

I'm not trying to build "the best twf ever" just something fun and different. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: TWF casual build theorycraft
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
You probably want either 12+ ranger or 6+ fighter to get your +1/+1 crit profile

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: TWF casual build theorycraft
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
In that case I think I'll go 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 ranger. Seems like you get more value out of 3 paladin levels than 3 fighter levels, and it'll save me a heart.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint