Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New epic quests? (Read 1886 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

New epic quests?
Feb 16th, 2020 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
They did revamp two of the quest packs, didn't they?  Any feedback on the updated versions or the loot?  I can't help noticing there's been like zero reaction to it both here and on the mobos.

Not that I'm putting that much effort into it but can't help noticing the minor butthurt (not even full on outrage) far surpasses the ass-kissing over on the mobos.

Hint for the slobs at SSG - you have no idea how badly you've screwed the pooch when you start approaching general indifference from both sides.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: New epic quests?
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Epic Carnifex has an expanded crit range just like the old one. That will be a big deal for some builds, less for others.

Epic Voice of the Master has Striding 30%, Good Luck +3, 3 augment slots and 1 (starts with one, max of one) Filigree slot.  ML 20.

Need one more Filigree to get the second set bonus you want? Epic Voice of the Master lets you get that at 20.

Edit: I'm pretty happy when most of the loot is "meh" and a couple of pieces are good for a specific build. I think that's a good thing.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2020 at 12:38pm by NOTpopejubal »  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Feb 16th, 2020 at 12:12pm:
They did revamp two of the quest packs, didn't they?  Any feedback on the updated versions or the loot?  I can't help noticing there's been like zero reaction to it both here and on the mobos.

Not that I'm putting that much effort into it but can't help noticing the minor butthurt (not even full on outrage) far surpasses the ass-kissing over on the mobos.

Hint for the slobs at SSG - you have no idea how badly you've screwed the pooch when you start approaching general indifference from both sides.

Catacomb gear seems to be very similiar to Borderlands gear in power, but Borderlands has more variety and is more useful because you can have all you need. They are only 2 lvls apart.

Also catacombs xp suck, even on first time.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2020 at 12:57pm by DnD »  

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Ran Delera last night on heroic to get a voice for my toon so i can make a masters gift.

The end reward at heroic was only two items: the vom or the evom.  Naturally, i picked the evom because I think its not gonna last past the next hotfix.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
I liked the changes in cata, sad they removed the guy to turn in faster.

I didnt get any good loot. The drops are turdbined.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Chip
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2020 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Suffers from the same issues as level 1-6 do; you blast through those quickly and putting together 6 sets of twink gear for about 3 hours of no flower sniffing is not worth it.

The only good thing about the Borderlands is that it is power-crept gear at the level so it's worth getting a full set together, because there isn't anything from levels 23-26/28 worth getting.

You get Ravenloft at 10, Sharn at 15, Borderlands at 21 (usually combined with your relevant Sharn set) and you're good until 29.

Catacombs/Delera's only moderately improves the gear, barring some useful items, meaning it isn't worth the limited bank/vault space to keep an entire additional boost of 'twink' gear for a few levels.

FOR THE RECORD: I suggested Boots of Faith get 2/day leap of faith (GET IT BOOTS OF FAITH LEAP OF FAITH) clicky to make it a 'must-have utility item' that everyone goes for. This was ignored and instead it has web immunity or some shit

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2020 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Chip wrote on Feb 17th, 2020 at 5:12pm:
Suffers from the same issues as level 1-6 do; you blast through those quickly and putting together 6 sets of twink gear for about 3 hours of no flower sniffing is not worth it.

The only good thing about the Borderlands is that it is power-crept gear at the level so it's worth getting a full set together, because there isn't anything from levels 23-26/28 worth getting.

You get Ravenloft at 10, Sharn at 15, Borderlands at 21 (usually combined with your relevant Sharn set) and you're good until 29.

Catacombs/Delera's only moderately improves the gear, barring some useful items, meaning it isn't worth the limited bank/vault space to keep an entire additional boost of 'twink' gear for a few levels.

FOR THE RECORD: I suggested Boots of Faith get 2/day leap of faith (GET IT BOOTS OF FAITH LEAP OF FAITH) clicky to make it a 'must-have utility item' that everyone goes for. This was ignored and instead it has web immunity or some shit

Gospel. Feel free to drop the mic and walk off stage  Tongue

Personally I'm at the point that if I see a named item that is not outright a must have, I don't even care if I might use it.

It's food that won't clutter my bank

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 18th, 2020 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Chip wrote on Feb 17th, 2020 at 5:12pm:

You get Ravenloft at 10, Sharn at 15, Borderlands at 21 (usually combined with your relevant Sharn set) and you're good until 29

Pretty much this. Though MoD and DoJ items are ml 26 now. And for a few decent items at that level, are worth slotting. LGS weapons and sets come online at that level, which is a better option to swap to after activating filigree boosts. The ML 20 weapons from The Borderlands are good if you're on something that doesn't have a Drow version.

They could touch up the MotU gear, and FoT/EGH loot and make it ml 23 to tie in with ER, and get a complete and robust ER selection. That is the only loot left that makes sense to redo for ERing or epic leveling.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2020 at 10:04am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint