Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Some shit some guy sent me (Read 7821 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: Some shit some guy sent me
Reply #75 - Mar 12th, 2020 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
If anybody does have the super membership, I hope they're gold rolling on every server in case the megaserver ever happens. Gotta get something for that $300.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #76 - Mar 12th, 2020 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 12th, 2020 at 4:14pm:
If anybody does have the super membership, I hope they're gold rolling on every server in case the megaserver ever happens. Gotta get something for that $300.

I gold roll daily on all servers.  A lot of the Seasons Pass people I know do the same.   I have full sets of +7's and +8 tomes (and a shit ton of +1's and "1 to 2 upgrades) and over 60 skill tomes.  I have over a dozen hearts of wood (iconic, heroic, Epic, lesser).   Stacks and stacks of DDoor scrolls and a bunch of the +12 and +15 MP/RP/USP/PRR/MRR pots.

Good stuff in there.   We are 14 months in on it.  That's 3,360 gold rolls.  It takes about 10 min to roll on all 8 servers (well 9 for 6 months of it.). 

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #77 - Mar 12th, 2020 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 12th, 2020 at 5:11pm:
Stacks and stacks of DDoor scrolls

Hah! Go figure they reintroduced those in some fashion. I guess all those stacks I stored on my accounts aren't worth much now Grin

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #78 - Mar 12th, 2020 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Mar 11th, 2020 at 12:35pm:
What i dont get is why dont they pick the low hanging fruit for money. There is a shit ton of it waiting on things that wouldnt affect the balance: cosmetics for example, plenty of room to mess around with it and the crowd that likes it would pay good money for them. 

I used to think cosmetics were too difficult to create due to them having to code/map it for each race (different body/animations). So the time investment wouldnt be worth it.

What I realized today is they may be looking at old and current DDO Store sales metrics on cosmetics sold. The number is probably super low, so they think its not profitable.

In actuality their cosmetics are dog shit so no one buys them. I can think of maybe 2 that are worth purchasing but are too highly priced for what you get. If they made actual good looking cosmetics people would buy them.

They probably use the "hAs tO Be gRoUnDed iN tHe wOrLd oF EbBerOn" bullshit as an excuse to make garbage cosmetics. Yet players are literal gods running around with +22 stat items. I don't get it.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 3:40am
Print Post  
It is simple.... They are retards.

IP Logged

Druidica
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 3:41am
Print Post  
I never got that, sure the game is grounded, it's a steampunk setting after all XD but where are my house canith power armors? Where are the era inspired costumes for the aristocrats? Where are the oriental inspired armor and weapons, we used to get the in select quests.

No instead of that we get armors that are pieced together from 20 other armors, like we can't buy propper armor at that lv or put a glammer on it.
Instead we buy ready made epic armor, with the icebreaker of a rowboat on one! shoulder.
Yes, one shoulder, it looks heavy enough to tumbe over ;D

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #81 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 7:17am
Print Post  
[quote author=655354455242414E45200 link=1583935424/81#81 date=1584085288]I never got that, sure the game is grounded, it's a steampunk setting after all XD but where are my house canith power armors? Where are the era inspired costumes for the aristocrats? Where are the oriental inspired armor and weapons, we used to get the in select quests.

No instead of that we get armors that are pieced together from 20 other armors, like we can't buy propper armor at that lv or put a glammer on it.
Instead we buy ready made epic armor, with the icebreaker of a rowboat on one! shoulder.
Yes, one shoulder, it looks heavy enough to tumbe over ;D[/quote]

Idk based on the 'steampunk' designs we got from Sharn, I'd rather we not get more of those armors lol.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #82 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Mar 11th, 2020 at 10:03am:
The TL:DR part is Daybreak Games runs almost everything except the development and monetization methods Sevs crack addled brain comes up with.

This doesn't pass the sniff test.

Strake wrote on Mar 12th, 2020 at 5:52pm:
Hah! Go figure they reintroduced those in some fashion. I guess all those stacks I stored on my accounts aren't worth much now

They only drop in chests.

I used to auction them for 10k a piece before duping crashed the plat economy. And they always sold.

So they'd probably sell for a higher price now, but plat in general isn't worth much.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #83 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 11:49am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 13th, 2020 at 11:06am:
duping crashed the plat economy

ASAH crashed plat economy and BtA crap crashed the rest.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #84 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 13th, 2020 at 11:49am:
ASAH crashed plat economy and BtA crap crashed the rest.

No, it was the infinite money tricks.

That left AS as the only currency of value. I don't think AS would have taken off the way it did if not for duping making plat worthless. Then they went and removed the value from AS by making everything BtA.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2020 at 7:10pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #85 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 3:07am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 13th, 2020 at 7:09pm:
I don't think AS would have taken off the way it did if not for duping making plat worthless.

You'd think that and you'd still be wrong.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #86 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Did you know that you can't sell more than 2 million pp worth of items to a NPC vendor in one transaction?
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2020 at 10:20am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #87 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
If you ask me, the past year has very much had the same money grab feel of desperation of the WB era which kind of lends itself to the theory they have pressure to make bank from above again.  Expansions went from "here's a handful of new quests with some random gear in them" back to larger, pre-order expansions full of must have gear than what they were putting out in the late WB/early SSG years.  Pretty sure they've knocked out more new races and classes over the last year or two than they had the 5 years before.

But it's Turbine.  There's been a blatant rise in their attempt to capitalize but you can never be sure if it's pressure from above or just being greedy but too incompetent to know how to make and good product and make money off of it.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #88 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 14th, 2020 at 1:37pm:
But it's Turbine.  There's been a blatant rise in their attempt to capitalize but you can never be sure if it's pressure from above or just being greedy but too incompetent to know how to make and good product and make money off of it.

I absolutely agree, but some punctuation to break this up would be helpful. Sorry if I'm being anal, but pauses help immensely.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #89 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Mar 15th, 2020 at 3:44am:
I absolutely agree, but some punctuation to break this up would be helpful. Sorry if I'm being anal, but pauses help immensely.

Nah, you're right.  I really developed a bad habit in getting lazy with my punctuation.  Comes from years of handing things over to someone else to clean up for me.  After awhile I just got where I hardly even bother with commas.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

DaveTeMage
Korthos Resident

Reply #90 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 14th, 2020 at 1:37pm:
If you ask me, the past year has very much had the same money grab feel of desperation of the WB era which kind of lends itself to the theory they have pressure to make bank from above again.  Expansions went from "here's a handful of new quests with some random gear in them" back to larger, pre-order expansions full of must have gear than what they were putting out in the late WB/early SSG years.  Pretty sure they've knocked out more new races and classes over the last year or two than they had the 5 years before.

I tend to agree, but by some of the sane decisions that have been made there are at least a dim candle light in the darkness. The sad thing is that the candle or two that are there are being underpaid and mostly ignored  Cry, but I wasn't here.

IP Logged

Druidica
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Mar 16th, 2020 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
[quote author=7F5E485F53543A0 link=1583935424/82#82 date=1584098259]

Idk based on the 'steampunk' designs we got from Sharn, I'd rather we not get more of those armors lol.[/quote]
Checking wiki;

Ewwww

Ewwww hell no,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint