Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic An Important Announcement From Standing Stone Game (Read 2758 times)
NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

An Important Announcement From Standing Stone Game
Mar 19th, 2020 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Here at Standing Stone Games our goal is to bring joy to everyone through our games and we feel that is more important than ever. We are making all our adventures and stories open to everyone through April 30. In addition we will be running extra events for the games.

For Dungeons and Dragons Online:

All dungeons and raids, including those in expansion packs, are open to everyone through April 30.
The Buddy Bonus 5% XP will be active from March 20 through March 29. This will be in addition to the weekend events.
Mimic event will be active starting March 26 through April 6.
The anniversary event will be active starting March 26 through April 30.
For Lord of the Rings Online:

All quests, instances, and skirmishes, including those in expansion packs, are open to everyone through April 30.
The Curator will be returning starting March 26 through April 30.
There will be a 10% virtue XP boost starting on March 26 through April 6.
The Baggins' Birthday event will be available March 26 through April 6.
During this time we hope that everyone stays safe. Thank you.

https://www.ddo.com/en/friends

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: An Important Announcement From Standing Stone Game
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
wow.  good for them.  might try to email a couple quitters to see if they want to return during the quarantine

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
That's a really decent and pandemic-appropriate thing to do.

I don't necessarily think they did this to get people to buy more stuff, but I do hope people enjoy the packs they don't have and decide to buy some of the packs as a result.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Though I haven't played in close to half a year and feel nothing more than a wistful nostalgia for DDO, the hoarder in me is tempted to get a mount or mounts while I don't have to buy their shitty pack. Anybody got a Cliff's Notes version of how to do it efficiently? Also, are they BTA?

I'm not interested in grinding any gear, they'll just invalidate it before I'm back to playing again anyway, but are there any other utility items I should snag (particularly for my alt account) while everything is free? to Augment bags from Ravenloft come to mind, anything else?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 19th, 2020 at 1:48pm:
Though I haven't played in close to half a year and feel nothing more than a wistful nostalgia for DDO, the hoarder in me is tempted to get a mount or mounts while I don't have to buy their shitty pack. Anybody got a Cliff's Notes version of how to do it efficiently? Also, are they BTA?

I'm not interested in grinding any gear, they'll just invalidate it before I'm back to playing again anyway, but are there any other utility items I should snag (particularly for my alt account) while everything is free? to Augment bags from Ravenloft come to mind, anything else?

Go kill rares in Borderlands at level 1. No need to do the epic version.  If you have Astral Shards, you can reroll the level 1 chests for 1 shard to cut down the amount of time you need to spend in the Heroic lowbie wildnerness.  Shouldn't take too long.

Also, try out the quests in the borderlands. They're little, but they're cute quests that are entertaining for a once-and-done.

IP Logged

AsstralTraveler
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
This is where everything is.  The speed increase is worth the effort and is not bad.  Close to Monster camp and Fisherman's shack are fountains.  They give one party member a boost.  Might be haste or might be elemental damage.  That makes the quests a breeze.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509887-This-is-how-I-farmed-enough-fea...

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Thank you both!

That sounds bearable, I'll probably try for at least one. WTF were they thinking making them  BTC, though, and can't even pass feathers in chests? Still Turdbin at heart, I guess.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
I think Lynnabel said that the not passing feathers in chests was a bug, but they still haven't fixed it.  It's something that is very solo-able, though.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
You can pass feathers now.  It only took a run or two to set someone up with a horse over the weekend.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

whoknows
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Sweet! Someone want to pass me an exploit so I can say "don't ban me, the pandemic made me do it".

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #10 - Mar 20th, 2020 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 19th, 2020 at 4:48pm:
BTC, though, and can't even pass feathers in chests?

Dude what are you talking about?  they can be pased in chest, i used an alt acount to farm mine, and the feathers are bta.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 12:07am
Print Post  
It's a great idea and exactly (for once) what they should have done at the right time.  It also really showed off how big of douches the forum paladins are by how they reacted to all the posts suggesting the community pulls together to help each other out during this time.

Side note - still not enough to get me to log in after the shit show that's been the past year's decisions.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Mar 20th, 2020 at 11:41pm:
Dude what are you talking about?  they can be pased in chest, i used an alt acount to farm mine, and the feathers are bta.

Dude, did you even read the link AsstralTraveler posted that I was replying to? It's only the 3rd post that explains that. It's pretty short, have a look

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509887-This-is-how-I-farmed-enough-fea...

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #13 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 21st, 2020 at 8:59am:
Dude, did you even read the link AsstralTraveler posted that I was replying to? It's only the 3rd post that explains that. It's pretty short, have a look

The information was out-of-date and now wrong.

You shouldn't have parroted it.

Xahtep wasn't wrong to correct you.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 21st, 2020 at 11:01am:
The information was out-of-date and now wrong.

You shouldn't have parroted it.

Xahtep wasn't wrong to correct you.

Correcting out of date information is good, I answered what I was talking about.

It sounds like you take issue with my tone, which was quite similar to his, pick both or neither to be upset with. He could have easily posted an update like Kimberlite did, but Kimberlite already had cleared that up, so I assumed he wanted to know what I was talking about and answered him as he questioned me.

As for parroting out of date information, I did start out with saying I haven't played in months and didn't have the pack, so I sincerely doubt anybody is looking to me as an authoritative source on this, or any other current game matter. And again, the status of passing feathers was already cleared up several posts back.

Xahtep, if I hurt your feelings, I apologize, that wasn't my intent. You didn't hurt mine, and I was attempting to respond in a tone similar to how you addressed me. Just Vault banter.

Technomage, on the other hand, go fuck yourself  Grin

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #15 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
This actually made me come back to the game just to farm the horse mounts. Followed the advice in this thread. Got one super fast.

I made the unfortunate mistake of going for the Enchanted Horseshoe. Took me about 64 chest pulls on EE to get. Nearly gave up. Never again.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Mar 21st, 2020 at 12:04pm:
This actually made me come back to the game just to farm the horse mounts. Followed the advice in this thread. Got one super fast.

I made the unfortunate mistake of going for the Enchanted Horseshoe. Took me about 64 chest pulls on EE to get. Nearly gave up. Never again.

I spent about 20 minutes running the close rares.. not there.. go again.. bought my horse.. then jumped into a quest and got the shoe.. fantastic!

saw my gold roll was up for the week, rolled it... got a fast white horse... aaand they're not transferable Sad
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2020 at 1:38pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint