Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannith Crafting Items (Read 3050 times)
Hellsewn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Cannith Crafting Items
Apr 16th, 2020 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I have never really gotten into Cannith Crafting though I maxed out a crafter.

All the posts say to use Cannith gear leveling. Is there like specific ones that are must haves, or is it more like make your own flavor of gear?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Cannith Crafting Items
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Make what you're missing.

It's very individual-driven.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Dependent on your build, level, missing stats, ingredients you have or can get. You’re asking a big question and missing a lot of info.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Its very much dependent on what you need for your build.

When I run a sorc I have crafted spell power items, cha items, etc.

At lvl 10 I have several ravenloft items that I swap in, but if I still have holes in my gear I can craft pretty much anything I need.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
One thing to keep in mind. When they updated Cannith Crafting in 2016 they implemented the Collectibles system into it.

If you never bothered picking the collectibles up it can be a massive pita to farm them for the recipes.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 2:37am
Print Post  
I usually pick a handful of named items (something that gives an insane bonus to whatever class you're building that can't be found anywhere else) and build around that. 

Depending on the level I can use as few as two named items (lower heroic and epic mostly) or up to half my gear slots as named items - the rest are usually CC.  I think the only time I'm using almost no CC items are levels 28-30.

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2020 at 2:38am by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 9:11am
Print Post  
There are two options for leveling CC Crafting:

1)  Go with ONLY CC Crafting.   In this scenario you plan specific levels (Say 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 was an early popular one) where you will have a gear set made   (5, 10, 15, 21 works well) .  You can look at the power curves for the crafting on the wiki and see at what level stats bump up and target those. https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/table_3b   You can see that for stats, you are getting a new point at 5, 10, 15, and 21.    Another option I like is 4/7/13/18/23.   (this one gets you bumps in both stat and insightful stat simultaneously.  But you miss being able to add the extra effect at ML 10 until level 13)   

Anyways, with this option you are planning to do ALL CC crafting for all slots you can.  As a result you craft the exact same effects on the exact same accessory slots every time.   Your belt is always Con, False Life, Insight Con - For example.   The stats just go up each time.   This ensures that you always have the major effects covered and it makes it super easy to gear.   The negative is that you lose some of the set bonuses and power of named items.   

2)  Go with CC at level 4/5 and then use Slavers at 8, RL gear at 10 and Sharn at 15 and Borderlands at 21 and then use CC to fill in what is missing.   This one probably gives you the most power, but it requires more planning on the CC loot as you have to look at what effects are missing in the named loot at those levels and then what you can craft on the accessory slots that are open.  Use this chart:  https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/table_1b    With this you will probably be on the 5/10/15/21 type of gear set.

Option 1 requires way more mats because you are crafting every accessory slot.   But it is overall less effort and makes leveling brainless.   You can make a Strength THF Melee set.  An Int Ranged Set, a Cha Caster Set, etc.   And they generally work for a variety of builds.   If you are trying to save mats, you can make your defensive items be the same for each set (like the Con belt I listed above) and then they are universal for all sets.

Hope that helps.      

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 10:32am
Print Post  
As they mention, cannith crafting is mostly used to fill gaps in your gear, make a specialized weapon if you dont have acces to something better.

You need colectables tough, so for someone starting  it will have a lot of dificulties to make some stuff.

Once you reach good levels (150 or so) you can make some nice stuff.

http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/ this is the planner i use, check it to see what you can make and what you may need for that.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Don't be shy about asking in guild, channels or forums for collectables to craft.   A lot of players will trade with you or (if they like you) just give you want you need.   The community is strong.

IP Logged

Clew
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 17th, 2020 at 9:11am:
1)  Go with ONLY CC Crafting.   In this scenario you plan specific levels (Say 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 was an early popular one) where you will have a gear set made   (5, 10, 15, 21 works well) .  You can look at the power curves for the crafting on the wiki and see at what level stats bump up and target those. https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/table_3b   You can see that for stats, you are getting a new point at 5, 10, 15, and 21.    Another option I like is 4/7/13/18/23.   (this one gets you bumps in both stat and insightful stat simultaneously.  But you miss being able to add the extra effect at ML 10 until level 13)   

Anyways, with this option you are planning to do ALL CC crafting for all slots you can.  As a result you craft the exact same effects on the exact same accessory slots every time.   Your belt is always Con, False Life, Insight Con - For example.   The stats just go up each time.   This ensures that you always have the major effects covered and it makes it super easy to gear.   The negative is that you lose some of the set bonuses and power of named items. 

^^^
This is my approach for my Racial PL getter (have yet to build my warforged docents...). 

I did 4/8/16 for gear and 3/7/11/15 caster sticks.  I add in GS items at 11 (ConOp, Smoke belt), and Pale Green Ioun. 

I've been running one etr per race and switch to Borderlands at 20 then back to crafted at 24 and 28. (before Borderlands, the 16 gear was fine to 24 with just the epic daily quests)

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
crafted a Level 1 Ring of Feather fall and .... (whatever)
and Lvl 1 Persuasive Goggles of True Sight for my toon that is currently doing TR.  The persuasive helps with UMD

and a couple trinkets for raids.  about the only items I ever crafted, and used.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 1st, 2020 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Since they went into power creep overload post Ravenloft, it isn't worth the trouble if you aren't already sitting on stacks of mats.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #12 - May 2nd, 2020 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
lvl 1 goggles with true seeing and blindness immunity and a slot for master's gift.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint