Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Other U46 Patch 2 Stuff (Read 2388 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Other U46 Patch 2 Stuff
May 26th, 2020 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Disclaimer
Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! A preview of Update 46 Patch 2 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday May 21st.

This preview contains the following features:

Random Loot Revamp
New Warlock Pacts

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
Alchemists' spellbooks are now retained on Lesser Reincarnation, like Wizards' and Artificers'.
Epic Destinies: Divine Crusader: Confront Any Foe now properly enforces its 2-second cooldown.
Druid: Nature's Protector: Killer Instinct visual marks are no longer obscured by the body of the Bear.
The Feat Slicing Blow has been changed to the following: Tactical Melee Attack: Using this attack, you deal 1 point of Constitution damage to your target and deal 1 to 6 additional damage every 2 seconds for 18 seconds. The target suffers an additional 1 to 6 damage per tick for every 3 Character Levels. This damage scales with 100% Melee Power and can stack 3 times. Some creatures may be immune to the bleeding or wounding effect.
Panacea and Panacea Poultice will once more heal hitpoint damage.
Warlock: Hurl Through Heck and Create Thrall have had their base DC changed from 10 to 15.
The Insightful bonus to Stunning DC's granted by Divine Might now are correctly typed as Insightful.
Ranger: Deepwood Stalker: Heavy Draw will no longer erroneously apply an old penalty.
Fighter: Kensai: Keen Edge now works with Handwraps.
Wizard: Pale Master: Shroud of the Zombie has been changed to the following: Shroud Toggle: You shroud yourself with Negative Energy and assume many of the traits of a Zombie. While in this form, you hunger for brains and gain +4 Constitution, +10 Melee Power, +3 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating, and attack 10% slower. You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by Negative Energy, take 50% healing from Positive Energy, and take double damage from Light. You are considered Undead rather than your original type for the purposes of most effects.
Wizard: Pale Master: Ascendant Shroud the benefit to Shroud of the Zombie has been changed to the following: While in Shroud of the Zombie, you gain an additional +30 Melee Power and +10 Physical Resistance Rating, and your attacks deal +10% more damage. You also benefit from a 10% Profane Bonus to Maximum Hit Points.

Items
Glass Shards Item Effect: Fixed an issue where glass shards wouldn't do damage because the attack was reapplying it to quickly. Effect can now only apply once every 3 seconds allowing the DOT to tick before a new stack applies. Increased the damage from 2d10 to 5d10, stack sized decreased from 100 to 15. Each Player can now their own copy of the DOT effect on the target.
The Heroic Coat of the Traveler has had it's Armor Class reduced from to more appropriately match other armors of it's minimum level.
Diamonds of Festive Wisdom/Intelligence no longer incorrectly spell Diamond when in stacks larger than 1.
Sapphire of Crushing Wave Guard and Globe of Imperial Blood now enforce their proper minimum levels.

Quests
The Korthos landscape has had some cosmetic improvements.
The Searing Heights landscape has had some cosmetic improvements.
Slimes in The Sacred Bounty now spit acid occassionally.
Fixed an issue with "Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords" where if you clicked on the exit door it would send you to the exit location for Temple of Elemental Evil.
Multiple performance issues have been addressed in Soul Survivor
Fixed a bug that causes the named item reward chest not to spawn in Patriach's Crypt.

UI
Strength Scores in the triple digits no longer get cutoff in the Character Sheet UI

Miscellaneous
Reaper tree optimizations have been added so certain actions like weapon swapping will be more efficient.
Text that still pointed players towards the Hall of Heroes to find Gatekeeper NPC's have been updated to direct players to the correct location.
There is now a general vendor in the Gatekeeper's Grove
Gatekeeper's Grove is now a destination for a standard Teleport.
The map in Gatekeeper Grove is now larger and has a prettier border.
Some NPC's in the Marketplace that would jostle players are now ethereal.
Aubern the Argonessen now says his action dialogue at the correct time.
Doors that are breakable with melee strikes can now be broken with ranged attacks.
UI Skinning has returned to DDO. Visit https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/cat40.html for developer utilities

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Other U46 Patch 2 Stuff
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2020 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
the only really interesting bit is the last line !

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2020 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I was wondering if we would get some enterprising players making some cool skins.  I'm not even sure what is possible with the tool set.  It looks like LoTRO has it.  Anyone have any experience with the LoTRO skinning?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2020 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 26th, 2020 at 12:54pm:
Glass Shards Item Effect: Fixed an issue where glass shards wouldn't do damage because the attack was reapplying it to quickly. Effect can now only apply once every 3 seconds allowing the DOT to tick before a new stack applies. Increased the damage from 2d10 to 5d10, stack sized decreased from 100 to 15. Each Player can now their own copy of the DOT effect on the target.

Glass Shards: not just for accidently dropping prepped bosses early anymore!

Gatekeeper's Grove is now a destination for a standard Teleport.

They should really give Word of Recall a multiselector.

UI Skinning has returned to DDO. Visit https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/cat40.html for developer utilities

Is there any chance we get UI scaling out of this? Something legible at 4k would be nice.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2020 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
THE most important thing in the patch:

Quote:
Doors that are breakable with melee strikes can now be broken with ranged attacks.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2020 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 27th, 2020 at 10:32am:
Glass Shards: not just for accidentally dropping prepped bosses early anymore!

Yeah, if you still running outdated shuriken builds, lol!

Going from 1100 per tick that was almost instantaneous (pre-Nerf) to doing absolute jack shit (post-nerf) for ages, but now they're "fixing" it to 412,5‬ per tick that takes 45 goddamn seconds to stack is NOT a good buff if you compare it to 1st legitimate iteration of the effect.

I have no idea what they were thinking or how it was just justified in their "infinite wisdom" to royally screw shurikannons after VKF MP to RP conversion was already fixed.

They probably nerfed it out of spite (pun absolutely intended).

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2020 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Is there any chance we get UI scaling out of this? Something legible at 4k would be nice.

Most MMOs skip scalability on account of how much work it takes to implement. It's a fucking huge part of QOL though.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2020 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 27th, 2020 at 3:47pm:
Yeah, if you still running outdated shuriken builds, lol!

Yeah, that's the ticket. No nerfs needed here.  Wink

Glass Shards is on other weapons too now, though.

Alex DeLarge wrote on May 27th, 2020 at 3:47pm:
Going from 1100 per tick that was almost instantaneous (pre-Nerf) to doing absolute jack shit (post-nerf) for ages, but now they're "fixing" it to 412,5‬ per tick that takes 45 goddamn seconds to stack is NOT a good buff if you compare it to 1st legitimate iteration of the effect.

Spite was still BiS shuriken even without the OP proc. So getting something rather than nothing is nice. But since each PC can stack their own instance of the new version instead of stacks going into a common pool, your party does come out ahead compared to the old OP version if there are 3+ players stacking it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #8 - May 28th, 2020 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 28th, 2020 at 12:36pm:
Spite was still BiS shuriken even without the OP proc. So getting something rather than nothing is nice. But since each PC can stack their own instance of the new version instead of stacks going into a common pool, your party does come out ahead compared to the old OP version if there are 3+ players stacking it.

I know, but if you have more than 1 spite user in the party it deserves to wipe Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - May 28th, 2020 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 28th, 2020 at 1:44pm:
I know, but if you have more than 1 spite user in the party it deserves to wipe Grin Grin Grin

Wipe the floor?   Grin

Also, some people use scimitars.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #10 - May 28th, 2020 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 28th, 2020 at 2:18pm:
Also, some people use scimitars.

Well, some people are idiots. Does everyone deserve a consideration in your happy land?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - May 28th, 2020 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 28th, 2020 at 2:41pm:
Well, some people are idiots. Does everyone deserve a consideration in your happy land?

Well,...aren't you a salty droog?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2020 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Wizard: Pale Master: Shroud of the Zombie has been changed to the following: Shroud Toggle: You shroud yourself with Negative Energy and assume many of the traits of a Zombie. While in this form, you hunger for brains and gain +4 Constitution, +10 Melee Power, +3 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating, and attack 10% slower. You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by Negative Energy, take 50% healing from Positive Energy, and take double damage from Light. You are considered Undead rather than your original type for the purposes of most effects.

Wizard: Pale Master: Ascendant Shroud the benefit to Shroud of the Zombie has been changed to the following: While in Shroud of the Zombie, you gain an additional +30 Melee Power and +10 Physical Resistance Rating, and your attacks deal +10% more damage. You also benefit from a 10% Profane Bonus to Maximum Hit Points.

all that from a few lava divers videos. imagine if someone posted a thrower thread.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint