Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Private Server (Read 25335 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: DDO Private Server
Reply #25 - May 29th, 2020 at 2:12am
Print Post  
DupeHero wrote on May 28th, 2020 at 1:44am:
Hello DDOVault,

I would like to announce a new collaboration between DDOPlayer98 and myself, we have started developement on a DDO Private Server and are curious about what kind of server everyone would like to see and your opinion on the subject!

This is still in early developement on the server emulator. I know it is quite late for a private server to be developed for the game but as the dying game is a rising concern for the community, i think now would be the best time to start work on it. We also would like this to be a eye opener for SSG to hopefully change their marketing strategy as a lot of other games have done in the recent years. I think everyone has observed the greedy behavior of SSG in the recent years with their expansions after expansions and more and more expensive, with lower and lower quality. That is without talking about their pay to win items.

We will still be operating the DDO Dupe Store for those wishing to remain on the Official Server(s), however for those interested in a private server, let us know what you think of the idea and some features you would like to see!

Regards,

DupeHero and DDOPlayer98

Wait, did I miss anything? What is the ddo dupe store? O_o

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #26 - May 29th, 2020 at 3:49am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 2:12am:
Wait, did I miss anything? What is the ddo dupe store? O_o

A "service" that handles exploits, account trades and all the stuff that would win you a ban from the game. They also implied it has been profitable but, so far, they have provided no way of actually get in touch to them except via PM here on the forum and I hope Strakeln is getting paid for providing the actual customer service they've been bragging about so much.

I've read a lot of a phantom site that is supposedly been worked on but it is all there is right now, words.

I'm neither for nor against this but this whole "operation" stinks to high heaven as, so far, we only have the word of ddoplayer98 and nothing else to back up the "successful" service he might be in charge of

EDIT
Here's the website
https://www.dupeddostore.xyz/

EDIT2
This would be better fir into the other thread but I've taken a look at the store, I will wait until I know for sure i can actually buy something without fear of being found out or reported in any way but the prices seem good. Hell, you could argue they are even fair.

I know that the publisher for ssg has a voice in the matter of prices for stuff but had those fools actually pursued a decent business model they would be swimming in dollars.

Hopefully it's not a farce and I will gladly buy a few things
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2020 at 5:24am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 29th, 2020 at 5:53am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 3:49am:
A "service" that handles exploits, account trades and all the stuff that would win you a ban from the game. They also implied it has been profitable but, so far, they have provided no way of actually get in touch to them except via PM here on the forum and I hope Strakeln is getting paid for providing the actual customer service they've been bragging about so much.

I've read a lot of a phantom site that is supposedly been worked on but it is all there is right now, words.

I'm neither for nor against this but this whole "operation" stinks to high heaven as, so far, we only have the word of ddoplayer98 and nothing else to back up the "successful" service he might be in charge of

EDIT
Here's the website

EDIT2
This would be better fir into the other thread but I've taken a look at the store, I will wait until I know for sure i can actually buy something without fear of being found out or reported in any way but the prices seem good. Hell, you could argue they are even fair.

I know that the publisher for ssg has a voice in the matter of prices for stuff but had those fools actually pursued a decent business model they would be swimming in dollars.

I and several others here have bought boxes from the ddodupestore.  It was easy.  Dude selling them is pretty easy to work with.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #28 - May 29th, 2020 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 3:49am:

EDIT
Here's the website

EDIT2

Have you not read my posts? I specifically personally tested him to see if it was all b.s.

It’s not. I’ve now successfully purchased items 3 times. He has some measures to protect people from bans, so that can get clunky, but it works. I started by PMing here. He then refers you to discord or Skype.

When you buy, he delivers half the stuff up front before payment. If there are delays, he has excellent customer service.

I give him a 9/10 overall.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #29 - May 29th, 2020 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 10:12am:
Have you not read my posts? I specifically personally tested him to see if it was all b.s.

It’s not. I’ve now successfully purchased items 3 times. He has some measures to protect people from bans, so that can get clunky, but it works. I started by PMing here. He then refers you to discord or Skype.

When you buy, he delivers half the stuff up front before payment. If there are delays, he has excellent customer service.

I give him a 9/10 overall.

Don't care if you take it as an insult but I try not to read your posts and besides, who are you?

Ah yes, my chum Head-Meat, long time no see. How you've been old timer? Are these guys selling duped stuff trustworthy? Ah well, if you say so it must be true  Roll Eyes

I'll take my time and precautions if you don't mind  Tongue

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #30 - May 29th, 2020 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 10:12am:
Have you not read my posts?

Surprised that someone doesn’t just take your word for it and has to do their own research to find their answer? Have you met you?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #31 - May 29th, 2020 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 11:48am:
Surprised that someone doesn’t just take your word for it and has to do their own research to find their answer? Have you met you?

Yes, and I'm the best.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - May 29th, 2020 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Regarding the server: an attempts to monetize based on micro-transactions WILL get you a big fat lawsuit from SSG, hands down, no question, you will be violating the law. What you need to do instead is a DONATION-based system(I saw this work very successfully for an Everquest EMU community a while back). You can give rewards based on donations made outside of the server, and that will generally keep you out of dodge. The EQ EMU community was running while EverQuest was still actively running but before they had transitioned to the F2P model they use now.

As far as what we'd like the server to be like? Well, you've probably noticed virtually EVERYONE has a different idea about what they want, you'll never make everyone happy.

What I suspect would draw in more players, though? Faster level progression + higher drop rates. No one wants to invest years into building a character on a rogue server that could get shut down at any moment. But give, say, 4x current experience and 10x current drop rates? People will come for that because they can progress with a casual investment of time.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DupeHero
Korthos Resident

Purchase Boxes, Platinum
and Astral Shard Now!

Reply #33 - May 29th, 2020 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 3:49pm:
Regarding the server: an attempts to monetize based on micro-transactions WILL get you a big fat lawsuit from SSG, hands down, no question, you will be violating the law. What you need to do instead is a DONATION-based system(I saw this work very successfully for an Everquest EMU community a while back). You can give rewards based on donations made outside of the server, and that will generally keep you out of dodge. The EQ EMU community was running while EverQuest was still actively running but before they had transitioned to the F2P model they use now.

As far as what we'd like the server to be like? Well, you've probably noticed virtually EVERYONE has a different idea about what they want, you'll never make everyone happy.

What I suspect would draw in more players, though? Faster level progression + higher drop rates. No one wants to invest years into building a character on a rogue server that could get shut down at any moment. But give, say, 4x current experience and 10x current drop rates? People will come for that because they can progress with a casual investment of time.

These are all great ideas, i was already considering a boost to xp and drop rates. I would love to chat a bit more about your ideas to monitize the server, feel free to drop me a pm here or on discord (DupeHero#4413).  Also i know for sure i wont be able to please everyone with it. I would really like a classic server and a regular server but for sure atm it is going to be a simple regular server.

Purchase Boxes, Platinum and Astral Shard Now at http://DDODupeStore.com/. Best prices and fastest delivery available.
IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #34 - May 29th, 2020 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 3:44pm:
Gunga wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 11:48am:
Have you met you?

Yes, and I'm the best.

Grin Grin Grin

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #35 - May 29th, 2020 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 4:50pm:
Yes, and I'm the best.

Grin Grin Grin [/quote]

Cool

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #36 - May 29th, 2020 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
RE: Monitization: I play some Fortnite with my kids. One of things that impresses me is that they do NOT sell any P2W. It's all skins, cosmetics, and other things NOT essential to gameplay. That's respectable, imo.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #37 - May 29th, 2020 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
"Skins...it's playing dress-up for boys!" - Bart Simpson
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2020 at 5:50pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - May 29th, 2020 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
With DDO itll be difficult to impossible to add new cosmetics to the game, BUT not that tough to create a shitload of them from existing art assets.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #39 - May 29th, 2020 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 5:56pm:
With DDO itll be difficult to impossible to add new cosmetics to the game, BUT not that tough to create a shitload of them from existing art assets.

As I pointed out earlier that's easy grounds to get sued over. If he monetizes any portion of existing content (yes, making color variants does in fact count) he's open for business as far as lawsuits go.

There is legal ground to argue a recolor by him is simply the art asset created by SSG. So any cosmetics he may wish to 'sell' would have to be completely new assets.

Not to mention that all of this is theoretical. As much as I despise SSG at times, I can tell you they aren't the bigger fish. Hell even Daybroke Games isn't the real problem. The problem is when you launch this DDO emulator and WotC/Hasbo finds out. Because they're the ones the SSG team will get when they realize you've done everything by the book and they can't legally pursue you beyond the claim of it being their game.

And trust me from what I know of WotC and their tight ass rules about what content any of their games is allowed to use as well as the literal edition of D&D it's based in, you can bet they'll sue just to make an example out of you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #40 - May 29th, 2020 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
The key is not to "monetize" but to "accept donations for server costs/maintenance". I played an an EverQuest Emu server back in 2009 or so(when EQ was still big business), they were bringing in quite a bit of $$ from donations and had cleverly side-stepped legal trouble from freakin' SONY(who are much bigger and more litigious than WotC) in this way. And yes, they had modified the game significantly.

Its a very key legal difference between "buy these cosmetics" and "donate money for free cosmetics".

And honestly I wouldn't be all that concerned about Wizards of the Coast. If the likes of Blizzard and Sony aren't stamping out emulators that make money, WotC is probably not going to bother.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #41 - May 29th, 2020 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 6:40pm:
And honestly I wouldn't be all that concerned about Wizards of the Coast. If the likes of Blizzard and Sony aren't stamping out emulators that make money, WotC is probably not going to bother.

Sony is dead and has been replaced by Daybroke; you know the joke of a studio has sunsetted more games that Sony did in their day, and let a lot of the very good potential IP value go to waste when they axed things like Landmark, EQNext, and H1Z1's original survival gamemode in favor of the BR mode. Which seems to be their hallmark for milking cash out of the remaining IPs they have left. Given we've got the H1Z! BR, the Planetside BR, and if industry rumors are to be believed an on the way EQ BR.

I can tell you from personal experience that Blizzard does in fact go after emulators. I've been on/a part of several teams for WoW emulators and seen the C&D (cease and desist) letters myself. Hell, why do you think Classic is even a thing now? They took down the biggest private server legally, then turned around and hired a few of those developers to work on the Classic server that they are now making bank off of.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2020 at 7:18pm by Edrein »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #42 - May 29th, 2020 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 7:18pm:
Sony is dead and has been replaced by Daybroke;

Yes but in 2009 Sony still owned EverQuest, which is what/when I was referring to.

Edrein wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 7:18pm:
I've been on/a part of several teams for WoW emulators

Can you do anything to help with this project? Besides be negative? Tongue I'd really, really like to see a DDO server emulator exist.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #43 - May 29th, 2020 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 7:25pm:
Can you do anything to help with this project? Besides be negative?

I know what all these words mean, but not in that order  Sad

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #44 - May 29th, 2020 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 3:44pm:
Yes, and I'm the best.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #45 - May 29th, 2020 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 7:25pm:
Can you do anything to help with this project? Besides be negative? Tongue I'd really, really like to see a DDO server emulator exist.

You read my advice and explanations as being negative? Says something about you.  Wink

I'd love to help this project when the time is right. But I need to see more than an idea before I commit any time or resources beyond giving free advice.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - May 29th, 2020 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 9:45pm:
You read my advice and explanations as being negative? Says something about you.  Wink

I like to think it says more about the vault Tongue this place is not known as a center for happyness and positivity.

Edrein wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 9:45pm:
I'd love to help this project when the time is right. But I need to see more than an idea before I commit any time or resources beyond giving free advice.

So aside from issues with monetizing the server(which is a very long ways out anyway), d'you have any other advise/suggestions?

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #47 - May 30th, 2020 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 29th, 2020 at 11:05am:
Don't care if you take it as an insult but I try not to read your posts and besides, who are you?

Ah yes, my chum Head-Meat, long time no see. How you've been old timer? Are these guys selling duped stuff trustworthy? Ah well, if you say so it must be true  Roll Eyes

I'll take my time and precautions if you don't mind  Tongue

His disguise probably fooled you. It's Meat-Head!

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - May 30th, 2020 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Run a U11 server. Than from that balance things as possible. Just change some things like the requirement to re-run DQ1 every time you do DQ2, and to make a new sigil every life.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #49 - May 30th, 2020 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on May 30th, 2020 at 2:50pm:
His disguise probably fooled you. It's Meat-Head!

I actually had to scroll up and check both here and the Politic section

Well, played sir  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint