Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Private Server (Read 25330 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: DDO Private Server
Reply #75 - Jul 13th, 2024 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
I suspect when DDO gets shut down it will be sudden. They gave the AC players about ~6 months notice. The players used that time to perform packet captures on basically everything they possibly could in the game, and used that information to build the server emulator. SSG might be watching that and thinking "You know... 72 hours is enough notice for the DDO players..."

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jul 13th, 2024 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Don't know why they would that.  They could have shut down AC just by flipping the switch but they gave people notice.  No reason to think they wouldn't do the same with DDO and LOTRO.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #77 - Jul 13th, 2024 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
That's my point: they gave ACers notice and the AC community used that time to gather everything necessary to build a serve emulator. SSG can't stop them because WarnerBros. owns the AC rights and isn't doing shit with them. When the writing appears on the wall and SSG knows its going to have to disband as a company, they might not want to have to watch DDO continue without them being around to wreck it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint