Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) ddofreequests (Read 6088 times)
Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

ddofreequests
Jun 3rd, 2020 at 2:25am
Print Post  
You're welcome

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Re: ddofreequests
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 3:54am
Print Post  
I wouldn't use the code yet. Could be bugged as other DDO things usually before announcement.

And codes are blocked from re-usage on Xsolla level so you might end up using the coupon and not getting the stuff. Missing some packs or such

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2020 at 3:55am by Oracler »  

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 1:10pm
Print Post  

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We have seen our communities come together in recent months as we unlocked quest, raid, and adventure area content to all players, and we are excited to make an announcement today that you'll want to read.

We would like to thank you for supporting us! To start, players can continue to enjoy all of our quests, raids, and expansion content for free through August 31st, 2020. We would also like to provide a way for you to move forward with your gaming when our event eventually comes to an end, so in the coming days we will be providing a Coupon Code that will let you acquire all currently-available adventure packs permanently on your account(s)! However, you will need to act quickly, as this Coupon Code is available to redeem through August 31st, 2020.

The Coupon Code is: DDOfreequests (1/Account, available to redeem through August 31st, 2020)

The coupon code grants the following quest packs:

The Devil’s Gambit
Trials of the Archons
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Heart of Madness
Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
Shadow Under Thunderholme
The High Road of Shadow
The Druid’s Deep
Devil Assault
Three-Barrel Cove
Secrets of the Artificers
Vaults of the Artificers
Phiarlan Carnival
The Catacombs
The Sharn Syndicate
Delera’s Tomb
The Demon Sands
The Dreaming Dark
Attack on Stormreach
The Necropolis, Part 1
The Necropolis, Part 2
The Necropolis, Part 3
The Necropolis, Part 4
The Path of Inspiration
The Reaver’s Reach
The Restless Isles
The Ruins of Gianthold
The Ruins of Threnal
Sentinels of Stormreach
Shan-to-Kor
The Devils of Shavarath
Sorrowdusk Isle
The Red Fens
Harbinger of Madness
Tangleroot Gorge
The Vale of Twilight
The Vault of Night
Reign of Madness
Against the Slave Lords
Dragonblood Prophecy
The Mines of Tethyamar
Disciples of Rage
White Plume Mountain & Other Tales
The Soul Splitter
Keep on the Borderlands
The Lost Gatekeepers
Additionally, we will be conducting a sale on two of our expansions in the DDO Store! When the sale is active, players will be able to pick up the quests included in Menace of the Underdark and The Shadowfell Conspiracy for 99 DDO Points. Stay tuned for exact timing on the sale.
We are also announcing an update to our VIP program! VIPs will be getting a permanent +1% XP boost for every member in their party other than themselves and hirelings, up to a maximum of 5%. This boost stacks with other bonuses, and works the same as our long-running weekend Buddy Boost bonuses.

VIPs do not need to do anything to get this update, as your VIP account(s) will automatically receive this benefit starting in a game update in the near future.

Please continue to stay safe, and we are happy to have you here.

Sincerely,

The teams at Standing Stone Games

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I used it and got a list of stuff long as the arm... I didn't check if all the chains were there but from my quick glance most of them appears to be there.
but anyway, since I'm a vip whale it doesn't really matters I already have the contents... It's for when I'll stop being a whale.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Thanks SSG

Still not buying Sharn or RL

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Of the two, Ravenloft is the one you SHOULD buy. It's that good.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #7 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:11pm:

Agreed

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 2:43pm:

This guy internets. Fuck y'all who thought anyone wants to click on a DDO forum link.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:46pm
Print Post  

Any idea why they're doing this as a limited time coupon? Seems counter to their interests. Anyone joining the game after 8/31 will find out that all the shit they need to buy was previously free... a major turn-off, I'm sure.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:11pm:

Concur

If there's an expansion to buy it's RL.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

danm
Reply #11 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 4:46pm:
Any idea why they're doing this as a limited time coupon? Seems counter to their interests. Anyone joining the game after 8/31 will find out that all the shit they need to buy was previously free... a major turn-off, I'm sure.

Actually not... they get the people that came back due to confinement by giving the m all the content they enjoyed as VIPs long ago, they get the new people enticed by the 'free for all' thingie... and they even cater whales like me with a VIP account ( even if I find that last bit underwelming )

It will get around and everybody interested will have an account by August 31.

I guess with that free quest coupon they are hoping to get more people... more people spending money on the Hamster wheel buying character slots, XP pots, Tomes and more... Well stuff everybody playing DDO at ( somewhat ) high end will buy.

It's a risky move, but on the long run it might pay off as nobody has a clue what the future is going to be shaped into. ( politically and economically)

Edit : The main revenue stream is not from quest packages, it's a one shot buy per server and people stick to their server.
It's from consumable ( XP Pots ), pets and cosmetics... where people are ready to buy multiples... over time....
and those are cheap to design compared to quest. ( but they brings in much more money )
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:06pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:01pm:
It will get around and everybody interested will have an account by August 31.

You're being silly. I highly doubt that SSG's forward plan is "no new players after August 31 2020."

Though, that is what they will get once every new player realizes that everyone else got everything for free.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:20pm
Print Post  

Agree! It smells funny... What's the angle?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1590702985/1#1

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1590702985/4#4

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #14 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:33pm
Print Post  

Maybe they actually hired someone with marketing experience.

Putting an expiration date on the offer will drive interest to take advantage of the offer before it expires. If there wasn't an end date it can lead to the feeling "No need to get start a DDO account now. I can take advantage later".  An expiration date creates a perceived need to act sooner rather than later. 

I fully expect that the free offer will be extended a couple of times and then made permanent perhaps after a short break.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #15 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:33pm:
Maybe they actually hired someone with marketing experience.

Putting an expiration date on the offer will drive interest to take advantage of the offer before it expires. If there wasn't an end date it can lead to the feeling "No need to get start a DDO account now. I can take advantage later".  An expiration date creates a perceived need to act sooner rather than later. 

I fully expect that the free offer will be extended a couple of times and then made permanent perhaps after a short break.

I'm going to amend this to "watched a youtube video on marketing"

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #16 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:37pm:
I'm going to amend this to "watched a youtube video on marketing"

That's at least a little better.

See, the coupon thing might make sense (from a technical perspective)  if all new accounts after 8/31 included the content. It's not like giving old content for free is a new concept... almost every MMO does it. But there has been no discussion of that at all. Now, maybe that's where someone with YouTube marketing video experience might be stepping in, and your theory might hold water.

But, as it stands now, it just looks like it will make all future players way the fuck behind the content curve.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:45pm
Print Post  

Read on another site that SSG might be using this to inflate account numbers for a possible sale.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #18 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:45pm:
Read on another site that SSG might be using this to inflate account numbers for a possible sale. 

link dat bruh

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:42pm:
That's at least a little better.

See, the coupon thing might make sense (from a technical perspective)  if all new accounts after 8/31 included the content. It's not like giving old content for free is a new concept... almost every MMO does it. But there has been no discussion of that at all. Now, maybe that's where someone with YouTube marketing video experience might be stepping in, and your theory might hold water.

But, as it stands now, it just looks like it will make all future players way the fuck behind the content curve.

That is why I expect the free to become permanent. For now, the deadline will drive account creation by those that think it will go away. Create an artificial deadline as an incentive to act.

What is less clear is why. From to other posts its seems there there are two likely possibilities.

One. It could be that the data from the last couple of months where all content was free showed that the real money maker is consumables and such not adventure packs. This is an attempt to continue that trend.

Two. SSG is looking to attract an investor/buyer who puts a lot of importance on number of accounts (or recent accounts) rather than revenue.

As to your last point, I think SSG has demonstrated that they don't give a fuck players being behind the curve but as long as they can monetize the pathway to catch up.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #20 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 5:45pm:

Yeah, link plz.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 6:04pm:
Two. SSG is looking to attract an investor/buyer who puts a lot of importance on number of accounts (or recent accounts) rather than revenue.

The problem with this theory is any buyer/investor with even the tiniest inkling of business acumen will do a very cursory check. It would only take opening up DDO.com, going to news, and scrolling down to put two and two together and figure out SSG is cooking the books.

Which means that unless:

One. It could be that the data from the last couple of months where all content was free showed that the real money maker is consumables and such not adventure packs. This is an attempt to continue that trend.

It also true,  no legitimate investor is going to have any interest in the game.

But let's not rule out the prospect that Jerry opened an email from a Nigerian prince who's interested in buying the game.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #22 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
That is why I expect the free to become permanent. For now, the deadline will drive account creation by those that think it will go away. Create an artificial deadline as an incentive to act.

This is dangerous too. The existing playerbase is being told they must act fast to make this happen. Some might be pissed if the messaging changes on 9/1.

But, this is SSG, so even the craziest theories might hold water.

noamineo wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 6:57pm:
But let's not rule out the prospect that Jerry opened an email from a Nigerian prince who's interested in buying the game.

Grin

IP Logged

Sildenafil
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
This gave me an erection

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #24 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 7:06pm
Print Post  

Okay, next question: where does one enter a coupon?

I'm guessing in-game, in the DDO Store? I'm hoping it's not, though, as I just DL'd (and deleted) the damn game to check for old otto's boxes for ddoplayer98.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint