Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) ddofreequests (Read 6093 times)
Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: ddofreequests
Reply #25 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 7:44pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 7:05pm:
This is dangerous too. The existing playerbase is being told they must act fast to make this happen. Some might be pissed if the messaging changes on 9/1.

But, this is SSG, so even the craziest theories might hold water.

Grin

More pissed than finding out the expansions bought with cash can now be had for 99 TP?

I highly doubt SSG ever considers the consequences of bad decisions. Mainly because the don't believe they can make bad decisions in the first place.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 7:06pm:
Okay, next question: where does one enter a coupon?

Yes, has to be done in the store, sorry. Ran it successfully on 2 accounts already.

Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 8:24pm:
More pissed than finding out the expansions bought with cash can now be had for 99 TP?

Its only Shadowfell and MOTU. Given how dated the loot is I think 198TP for the lot is fair. If anyone really wants to get pissed about expansions from that many years ago...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #28 - Jun 3rd, 2020 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 7:44pm:

Hmmm...

Shamelessly communicates with and about self: check
Rando name with a low post count: check

Probability of being a sock: 88%
Probability, given sockness, of being a sock of the sockmonster: 97.32%

Still, you got a small smile with the eyeroll.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2020 at 8:31pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #29 - Jun 4th, 2020 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 3rd, 2020 at 8:24pm:

Calm your bitch tits, its only for the quest packs. Nothing else is included.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Jun 4th, 2020 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 4th, 2020 at 1:19am:
Calm your bitch tits, its only for the quest packs. Nothing else is included.

No but they're going to sell Shadowfell and MOTU for 99TPs each. He's mad because I guess he thinks 7+ year old content should still cost the same as when it was new?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #31 - Jun 4th, 2020 at 10:47am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 4th, 2020 at 1:42am:
No but they're going to sell Shadowfell and MOTU for 99TPs each. He's mad because I guess he thinks 7+ year old content should still cost the same as when it was new?

No. Read the conversation that Strake and I were having rather than a selected quote.

My premise is that devaluing previously purchased content is more likely to annoy folks then saying the free giveaway expires Aug 31 and then extending the free giveaway. I wouldn't say that I'm mad. I'm more curious about the marketing strategy (if there is one). In retrospect, the deep discount shouldn't be surprising since those expansion packs have been available at 75% off on black Friday sales.

If I were a new player starting up and saw this I would think that there is no rush to pick up any of the latest content at full price. It will go on sale or be given away at some point. Is this SSG with this marketing plan?

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #32 - Jun 4th, 2020 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 4th, 2020 at 10:47am:
My premise is that devaluing previously purchased content is more likely to annoy folks

I would argue that the standard was set in this arena a long time ago. Most other MMOs make their old content free or very cheap. Hell, this applies to pretty much anything that is bought and sold. Look at, say movies. When they first come out, you have to pay $15/person (or whatever) to see it. Six months to a year later, you can rent it for $5 and the whole family can watch. Two years later, it's on a streaming service you're already paying for, or you can buy it from a bargain bin.

Regading MMOs, I was pretty pleased with how SWTOR handled this. I forget the specifics, but it was something like "spend $5 in the store and get all of our old content plus other useful stuff." Costs next to nothing, enables people to catch up, and highly encouraged people to get their credit card into the system. Seemed brilliant to me.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #33 - Jun 5th, 2020 at 10:44am
Print Post  

Welp, turns out I did not uninstall the game after looking for old otto's boxes, so I just had to wait for a 20 min update (I forgot all about how slow DDO updates) and was able to claim everything on both accounts. Also had a few thousand TP (or whatever they are called now) that I used to buy whatever the fuck those two things they were offering for 99TP were.

Not that I expect to use any of this, lol Grin

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #34 - Jun 5th, 2020 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jun 5th, 2020 at 10:44am:
Not that I expect to use any of this, lol

Give your ddo accounts to some young orphans.  It's better if they learn how to be disappointed and to not trust people at a young age.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Jun 5th, 2020 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
So it occured to me theres a third possibility we might not have considered: starting at the end of august, all content now on the DDOfrequests + the two cheap expansions will be bundled together into one very cheap pack on the DDO Market.

Consider: with all the barriers, truly "free2play" players(people have never spent a single penny on the game) are extremely rare. Given you can spend $6 to unlock premium and remove all the F2P headaches. Its SSG finally catching up to the same model a ton of other games use... after copying Turbines model.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 5th, 2020 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Guess it's time to make a bunch of accounts and sell them later if they cancel the ticket after august.

BTW, excepted all non-exapnsion content. Too bad, doesn't include races/classes it seems. New players are still going to see that nonsense "buy to unlock" everything at the character creation page.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2020 at 5:59pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 5th, 2020 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Yeah but you can get by with the f2p classes and races a lot more than you can with only f2p quests.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint