Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feywild Expansion And The New Epic Destiny System (Read 20702 times)
Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Feywild Expansion And The New Epic Destiny System
Reply #25 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
That palladin9479 guy is cruisin' for a bruisn'.

Not only will he get docked by Cordo for pointing to the "leak," he'll also get nailed for directing people to The Vault.

Of course, that thread is also going to get nuked.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #26 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 12:49pm:
I'm going to PM Cordovan, maybe they have a macro-view that we are missing.

Turbine has a macro-view? Since when?! Grin

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #27 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 9:07pm:
That palladin9479 guy is cruisin' for a bruisn'.

Not only will he get docked by Cordo for pointing to the "leak," he'll also get nailed for directing people to The Vault.

Of course, that thread is also going to get nuked.

Classic SSG thinking: Hey, let's make all adventure packs free so we can gather more players

Also, SSG: Let's change the progression ratio so that first lifer get screwed over a grind wall and abandon the game

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #28 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Before the Cordo cubed it:

Quote:
This is the dev's plans for Feywild as of right now [what Rubbinns put in the OP], today, this moment. It's how they are adding "progression" as we go past 30. Yes its from the Players Council, some of this has been known but kept on the hush hush until someone spilled the news on DDOVault. Player Council don't red / green light, they just provide feedback to the devs that is sometimes taken, frequently discarded. Think of the PC as a focus group.

There are no new Legendary Destinies, they are taking the current ones from Epic and remaking them as the "new" ones. Twists are going away, current AP is going away, ED levels are going away, instead you get to pick one of the four spheres and that's it. As you gain epic levels it lets you point more points into each tier with Epic Past Lives adding the bulk of the points. Basically it's a huge nerf to anyone 20-28 but a buff to anyone 31+. Yes that level doesn't exist yet and this is how their going to add power to it, the power that already exists. Look at the each ED tree's T6 and imagine those being behind level 31 gates, T5 being level 28 and so forth.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #29 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
And it's gone.  Grin

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:04pm:
Classic SSG thinking: Hey, let's make all adventure packs free so we can gather more players

Also, SSG: Let's change the progression ratio so that first lifer get screwed over a grind wall and abandon the game

If this proposed move is true, either the decision makers at SSG are drooling, utterly clueless morons, or they're prodding the entire game to head into maintenance mode within a couple of years...or, both.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
So just sharing: someone made a thread on the Motherboards about this and it got deleted very quickkly(but not before literally everyone commenting on it expressed their distain for this idea).

Soooo.... that pretty well confirms A. this is a legit leak, and B. SSG plans on going through with it regardless of how much everyone hates it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
who cares just play the game. if it never changed we'd all get super bored super quick

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #33 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:12pm:
If this proposed move is true, either the decision makers at SSG are drooling, utterly clueless morons, or they're prodding the entire game to head into maintenance mode within a couple of years...or, both.

Such a move would not mean a couple of years.

Such a move would get it into maintenance mode within a couple of months.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
the one thing i find a little hard to believe about this is that they just FINALLY made good adjustments to a bunch of out of favor EDs. They also made you buy EDs, so I feel like either this isn't the whole story but obviously that's a big old guess

IP Logged

palladin9479
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
And I got perma banned for this, pretty much confirms everything.

Quote:
You have been banned for the following reason:
Spreading NDA information

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

SSG just confirmed it's all true, mission acomplished.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:20pm by palladin9479 »  

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #36 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 6:58pm:
Dude, I meant it as who does things and who simply has things done to them. Skoodge strikes me as a perfect normal human being while you...well, we don't want to go there considering you jumped on my metaphor quicker than a bitch in heat to spew some mentally challenged opinions against homosexuals.

Fuck my life, you can't make a joke in here that some mofo will use to start a crusade against someone else.

Do we a goddamn source on what Rubbins posted yet??

Boy I'm sorry I misunderstood your joke Art, I had thought by now everyone here knew Skoodge is gay and I responded to your post through that lense, my mistake!

Embarrassed

But now to your actual intended point about who does things, and who doesn't, well I couldn't agree with you more. I've always been a roll-up the sleeves, jump in there and get things done kind of guy myself (much to my wife chagrin when it comes to moving furniture).

Whereas Skoodge does tend to be in the peanut gallery, waiting to make snarky or 'ironic' comments to or about the people posting things they believe or want to stand for. Often with attempted troll stuff, which isn't to say there isn't a role for that type of thing in moderation, and really a  pretty characteristic behaviour from his generation, he doesn't even play anymore.

I guess I may get hassled and made fun of for my posts and enthusiasms but I try to live with the wise words of our greatest president, Teddy Roosevelt as a north star:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

And once again, sorry for missing your point.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:24pm by Bishop »  

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #37 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:20pm:
Boy I'm sorry I misunderstood your joke Art, I had thought by now everyone here knew Skoodge is gay and I responded to your post through that lense, my mistake!

Embarrassed

But now to your actual intended point about who does things, and who doesn't, well I couldn't agree with you more. I've always been a roll-up the sleeves, jump in there and get things done kind of guy myself (much to my wife chagrin when it comes to moving furniture).

Whereas Skoodge does tend to be in the peanut gallery, waiting to make snarky or 'ironic' comments to or about the people posting things they believe or want to stand for. Often with attempted troll stuff, which isn't to say there isn't a role for that type of thing in moderation, and really a  pretty characteristic behaviour from his generation, he doesn't even play anymore.

I guess I may get hassled and made fun of for my posts and enthusiasms but I try to live with the wise words of our greatest president, Teddy Roosevelt as a north star:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

And once again, sorry for missing your point.

lol, boy you are some of a kind.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #38 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
palladin9479 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:19pm:

lol, boy you are stupid.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #39 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:35pm
Print Post  

Were you actually on the PC and thus had access to this information?

Can you provide more details?

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #40 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:25pm:
lol, boy you are some of a kind.

Thanks, I appreciate that! I know we haven't always agreed so that makes your support even better. And I know I can come across as an old stick-in-the-mud type, and fussy. Sometimes posting things in awkward ways, that lack social savy, and make people cringe but I mean well! And I'm not alone, there are still a few of us clumsy, well-meaning klutzses that don't curse or post boob stuff. Think of me as like a more conservative and less-likeable Meat-head, or an American Flav without the surrender gene! right?

cheers!
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:40pm by Bishop »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:38pm:
Thanks, I appreciate that! I know we haven't always agreed so that makes your support even better. And I know I can come across as an old stick-in-the-mud type, and fussy. Sometimes posting things in awkward ways, that lack social savy, and make people cringe but I mean well! And I'm not alone, there are still a few of us clumsy, well-meaning klutzses that don't curse or post boob stuff. Think of me as like a more conservative Meat-head, or an american Flav without the surrender gene! right?

cheers!

you and your posts make me sick
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:41pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #42 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:17pm:
Such a move would not mean a couple of years.

Such a move would get it into maintenance mode within a couple of months.

I definitely wouldn't rule that out.  Lessee if they offer season passes after the current batches expire in December.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #43 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:40pm:
you and your posts make me sick

Think of me like a fatter less famous less interesting less female version of Kate Upton.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #44 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:58pm:
I definitely wouldn't rule that out.  Lessee if they offer season passes after the current batches expire in December.

The core problem that they seem to be ENTIRELY unwilling to address is the complete lack of valid gear between lvl 21 and 29.

What do you have in there? LGS at 26, if you grind the raid for months on end, for one character.

DoJ loot, again at 26 but only one 1 character and only with a HUUUUUGE grind.

And... that's it. There is no current BtA equipment before lvl 28. That means most people end up wearing fucking ML15 sharn sets all the way to 29.

And that was ok, because the instant power-boost of EDs made up for it.

Take that out, and you're fucked. I've leveled a lot of first-life characters through 30 without ED, and it is a SLOG. It fucking suckks. You're basically half as powerful as any other character until you unlockk every sphere.

Fucking fuck fuck. I hope the implemented system is a whole lot better than this shit.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #45 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:51am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:46am:
The core problem that they seem to be ENTIRELY unwilling to address is the complete lack of valid gear between lvl 21 and 29.

What do you have in there? LGS at 26, if you grind the raid for months on end, for one character.

DoJ loot, again at 26 but only one 1 character and only with a HUUUUUGE grind.

And... that's it. There is no current BtA equipment before lvl 28. That means most people end up wearing fucking ML15 sharn sets all the way to 29.

And that was ok, because the instant power-boost of EDs made up for it.

Take that out, and you're fucked. I've leveled a lot of first-life characters through 30 without ED, and it is a SLOG. It fucking suckks. You're basically half as powerful as any other character until you unlockk every sphere.

Fucking fuck fuck. I hope the implemented system is a whole lot better than this shit.

Since this has now been blown wide open like a bishop’s catcher’s mitt (along with the resulting stench), I’m hoping the drool crew at SSG pulls out of it’s human centipede formation and unfucks this putrid pile of maggot-ridden shit.

Seriously, the only thing the morons that green lighted this are really qualified to do is completely fucking up drive thru orders at a cockroach & rat infested Bojangles.  If they’re actually not this mind-numbingly stupid, it’s gotta be that they’re putting all their turds in LOTRO’s basket.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:56am by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #46 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 6:58pm:
Dude, I meant it as who does things and who simply has things done to them. Skoodge strikes me as a perfect normal human being while you...well

Don't let the "gosh Mr. Peterson" Woody Boyd impression fool you.  What ever goes over his head is intentional and by design.  I'm curious to see if there's an end game or if it's just a project (and if so, how long he's going to run with it).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #47 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:51am:
If they’re actually not this mind-numbingly stupid, it’s gotta be that they’re putting all their turds in LOTRO’s basket.

Unlikely. LotRO has about 2-4 years life expectancy left. The moment Amazon's LotR MMO hits alpha/beta/early access/launch then LotRO is dead as dicks.

I'd even bet that WB will make SSG pay an outrageous fee they obviously can't meet to keep the 'license' available to force them to shut the door. Similar to the way LucasArts forced SOE to shutter SWG so that the turd sandwich known as SWTOR could launch without people immediately putting them on blast for the game's less than stellar WoW-clone status and on the rails shooter space combat.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #48 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 6:55am
Print Post  

Yet you are still a retard for thinking that Inquisitives are OP after nerfs, probably because your melee toons are complete shite and a waste of a party slot. LOL.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Well damn, here I re-installed and was having fun playing again. I forgot this sort of shit happens every time I do that.
Terrible.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint