Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feywild Expansion And The New Epic Destiny System (Read 20677 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Feywild Expansion And The New Epic Destiny System
Reply #50 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 11:29am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 10:06am:
Well damn, here I re-installed and was having fun playing again. I forgot this sort of shit happens every time I do that.
Terrible.

Oh, so this is your fault?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 11:29am:
Oh, so this is your fault?

Sorry.......... Embarrassed

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
palladin9479 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:19pm:
And I got perma banned for this, pretty much confirms everything.

SSG just confirmed it's all true, mission acomplished.

What the fuck kinda moron posts under their own name when they have that kind of info? Making a sock on the mobo takes like 1 minute.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #53 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
They might as well change their fucking name to Standing Stone Cluster Fuck at this rate!

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #54 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:19pm:
What the fuck kinda moron posts under their own name when they have that kind of info? Making a sock on the mobo takes like 1 minute.

Is he the actual dude from the mobo? Was the dude on the mobo in the player council? Did he actually signed the NDA for what he is supposedly been banned for violating?

Not that it surprise me, I was banned years ago from the mobo because I disagreed with fat Jerry and that oversensitive, overweight vagina banned with the motivation I was a sock trolling people. I only had one account and was not even trying to troll, like it's my fault it takes no effort to make him look like a moron  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #55 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:32pm:
Is he the actual dude from the mobo? Was the dude on the mobo in the player council? Did he actually signed the NDA for what he is supposedly been banned for violating?

Not that it surprise me, I was banned years ago from the mobo because I disagreed with fat Jerry and that oversensitive, overweight vagina banned with the motivation I was a sock trolling people. I only had one account and was not even trying to troll, like it's my fault it takes no effort to make him look like a moron  Roll Eyes

He’s not on the players council, and has signed no NDA.  We both started hearing about this bullshit nearly two weeks ago, and our source is solid AF.  The fact that Rubbins posted exactly the same thing tells me that more than one person on the PC has had enough of SSG’s skullfuckery.

IP Logged

palladin9479
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 12:32pm:

Yes

No

No

I was going to stop posting there anyway as it's just a giant circle jerk of forum paladins.  Once I saw Rubbinns make this post I decided I would toss it out into the general world for everyone to know how badly SSG was planning on fucking them.  Wasn't expecting a full forum ban though, that was extreme since nothing I did was actually against the rules.  No foul language, no insults, nothing other then talking about stuff they didn't want talked about.  It's not like this is super secret, it's been out in the wild since they dropped the huge shit sandwich, just not openly discussed.  Mind as well let everyone know to get their eTR's done ASAP to mitigate the impact of SSG's stupidity.

IP Logged

Fuddo
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
But you linked the vault and all the truth that comes with it.
And lazy Jerry was insaulted aswell.
Thx for the entertainment.
And fuck you Cordo when you read this.

IP Logged

palladin9479
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But you linked the vault and all the truth that comes with it.
And lazy Jerry was insaulted aswell.
Thx for the entertainment.
And fuck you Cordo when you read this.

Nothing in their rules said you couldn't link the vault or discuss current DDO news.

https://www.ddo.com/en/community/community-rules

Just goes to show what many knew all along, that there really aren't any rules and it's whatever Cordo and friends feel like.

IP Logged

Fuddo
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I am not against you.
In the link was truthfull insults against ssg.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #60 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
From the mobo closed thread.

"We have read the speculation about our plans for the upcoming level cap increase and overhaul of the Epic Destiny system. It is too early to get into specifics, as our plans are not yet ready for public input. However, we can say that the information being claimed as a leak from the Players Council is largely incorrect. For example, in our efforts to streamline and uplift the ED system, instead of linking spheres directly to classes (as they are currently), we are tentatively planning on removing the entire concept of spheres and adjacency altogether. We're also planning on the removal and overhaul of many of the other requirements of ED progression, such as the removal of the Karma requirement for an Epic Reincarnation. We will have official discussion threads on our changes as we get closer to Feywild. "

TL:DR "There will be level gating."

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #61 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
was just going to post that.  Looks like "word" is getting out the OP there is talking about hearing about it from players in game so that's a good thing.

Will be interesting to see how "largely incorrect" the info is when the release that info.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #62 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:09pm:
was just going to post that.  Looks like "word" is getting out the OP there is talking about hearing about it from players in game so that's a good thing.

Will be interesting to see how "largely incorrect" the info is when the release that info.

Hoping "Laregly Incorrect" isn't how my asshole is gonna feel after these ED changes...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #63 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:13pm:
Hoping "Laregly Incorrect" isn't how my asshole is gonna feel after these ED changes...

Seems like SSG is determined to make these changes regardless of what the players feel. My only real concern is the ability to twist cocoon for self-healing. Take that away and 90% of the builds that aren't warforged are properly fucked.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #64 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:51am:
Don't let the "gosh Mr. Peterson" Woody Boyd impression fool you.  What ever goes over his head is intentional and by design.  I'm curious to see if there's an end game or if it's just a project (and if so, how long he's going to run with it).

I don't care if he acts like a moron by design to "try" to fool anyone. I call it like I see it and he is a pretentious fuck

We pretty much know who we are on the vault and everyone trying to act out of character is soon discovered/ignored. Remember the KNN story arc?  Grin

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #65 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
The only incorrect speculation he posted was that players were being forced to stay in the same sphere.  That didn’t come from the source.  Everything here, and pretty much everything else Palladin posted on the mobo is spot on...for now. 

Oh, and wait until you guys hear about what hasn’t been mentioned here yet.  It’s gonna get WEIRD.

But seriously, if they don’t completely change this donkey clusterfuck of stupid, it’s guaranteed to kill this game cuz too many people are going to leave out of anger and frustration.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:57pm:
From the mobo closed thread.

"We have read the speculation about our plans for the upcoming level cap increase and overhaul of the Epic Destiny system. It is too early to get into specifics, as our plans are not yet ready for public input. However, we can say that the information being claimed as a leak from the Players Council is largely incorrect. For example, in our efforts to streamline and uplift the ED system, instead of linking spheres directly to classes (as they are currently), we are tentatively planning on removing the entire concept of spheres and adjacency altogether. We're also planning on the removal and overhaul of many of the other requirements of ED progression, such as the removal of the Karma requirement for an Epic Reincarnation. We will have official discussion threads on our changes as we get closer to Feywild. "

TL:DR "There will be level gating."

He glossed over the whole part where they level gate us in epics so we can simulate the low level heroic experience at 20.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #67 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Sigh.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #68 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
palladin9479 wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:06pm:
No foul language, no insults, nothing other then talking about stuff they didn't want talked about.

Fuck that shit.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #69 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
palladin9479 wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:21pm:
Nothing in their rules said you couldn't link the vault or discuss current DDO news.

Incorrect.

Quote:
No Racism, inappropriate content, or other -isms: Writing about or linking to racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and other inappropriate content will get you infracted or banned. We also don’t want sexually-explicit, violent, or gross stuff on our forums or social channels.

The Vault has contained "inappropriate content" for MANY years and a mere mention of this place will get you a warning at the minimum. Linking to a post here containing material under an NDA is a surefire ban even if you were not party to the NDA agreement like PC members are.

Historically, "inappropriate content" has been one of their catch-all terms that they can use to apply to whomever they wish to ban and for whatever reason they wish to ban.

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:33pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

palladin9479
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:25pm:
Incorrect.

The Vault has contained "inappropriate content" for MANY years and a mere mention will get you a warning at the minimum. Linking to a post containing material under an NDA is a surefire ban even if you were not party to the NDA agreement like PC members are.

Historically, "inappropriate content" has been one of their catch-all terms that they can use to apply to whomever they wish to ban and for whatever reason they wish to ban.

That's beyond stretching the definition of that term, it's straight up rewriting the English language.  There is nothing anywhere mentioning anything about NDA / PC or other information, just don't post the typical NSFW / offensive stuff.  At that point just change it to read "don't post anything the Mods don't agree with" and call it a day.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #71 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
palladin9479 wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:34pm:
  At that point just change it to read "don't post anything the Mods don't agree with" and call it a day.

They did. They just used fancier language.

What you said is the same as "the community moderator deemed your posted content inappropriate per the guidelines."
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:52pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #72 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:50pm:
They did. They just used fancier language.

What you said is the same as "the community moderator deemed your posted content inappropriate per the guidelines."

Correct.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #73 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Just spitballing, here, but seeing as you've already been banned... how about spinning up a couple socks and getting the conversation started again? if you can insight enough ire the devs will have to re-think their plans. This early in the process its possible for them to do it and claim it was their idea all along.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #74 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 4:38pm:
if you can insight enough ire the devs will have to re-think their plans.

How many examples of almost across the board negative feedback over changes that have been ignored in the past do you want?  Have you seriously forgotten who we're dealing with here?

I've been playing the game for just shy of a decade now and the only time I can think of that they actually listened to us was during the bridge protests (can't even remember what that one was about).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint