Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U47 Named Loot (Read 2818 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

U47 Named Loot
Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/516062-U47-Named-Loot

The named loot in this preview is not going to fit with almost all end game gear sets currently used. It's 11 pages of unhappy.

A more direct approach could get us some usable items. I'm going to list a few along with improvements.

True Omniscience.
Keep :
Heightened Awareness stays for theme.
Resistance 17 is unique.
Add :
Exceptional Resistance +2 unique cute little bonus that isn't too good.
Exceptional Fortification +50% same as above

It might not go on any builds right this moment, maybe a tank, but we get an item with hard to find as well as unique properties.

Brushfire.
Keep :
Insightful Dexterity +10
Accuracy +34
Exceptional Nimble Skills  +10
Add :
Magical Sheltering +54 ( hard to slot and magical protection from elements sorta goes along with the name Brushfire thematically )

That ring is clearly meant for light rogue melees and dex melees. Ranged conflicts since both wallwatch helms have accuracy but melee has a harder time slotting it so keep. Deadly is bad because both Family necklaces have it. Also as long as Ring of Prowess exists deadly and accuracy on a ring are never competing with 8 mp/rp.

Heavy melees are using different rings and this wouldn't ever be considered, but magical sheltering gives it a chance to fit on all melee and ranged. 

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:12pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: U47 Named Loot
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
No new effects. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"HEY GUYS WE MADE THE NUMBERS BIGGER, GIVE US MONEY!"

ddo players go brrrrrrrr

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:11pm:

The named loot in this preview is not going to fit with almost all end game gear sets currently used. It's 11 pages of unhappy.

A more direct approach could get us some usable items. I'm going to list a few along with improvements.

True Omniscience.
Keep :
Resistance 17 is unique.
Add :

It might not go on any builds right this moment, maybe a tank, but we get an item with hard to find as well as unique properties.

https://i.imgur.com/aUjVyQg.png

Brushfire.
Keep :
Insightful Dexterity +10
Accuracy +34
Exceptional Nimble Skills  +10
Add :
Magical Sheltering +54 ( hard to slot and magical protection from elements sorta goes along with the name Brushfire thematically )

That ring is clearly meant for light rogue melees and dex melees. Ranged conflicts since both wallwatch helms have accuracy but melee has a harder time slotting it so keep. Deadly is bad because both Family necklaces have it. Also as long as Ring of Prowess exists deadly and accuracy on a ring are never competing with 8 mp/rp.

Heavy melees are using different rings and this wouldn't ever be considered, but magical sheltering gives it a chance to fit on all melee and ranged. 

https://i.imgur.com/PhQLdXB.png

Hey those are some great ideas! not OP and clever, you should share them with the developers first chance you have.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
The Golden Idol Neck Slot
Minor Artifact
Minimum Level: 29
Max Filigree Slots: 3
The Golden Curse A strange inscription winds around this artifact. When the wearer of this item is successfully attacked, occassionally an incredible power comes to the surface, shielding its wielder in solid gold to protect from further attacks.
Incite +204%
Protection +18
Insightful Physical Sheltering +29
Blue Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot
Yellow Augment Slot

That shielding you in gold could be an amazing visual if they do it right!

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
I remember when gearing used to be fun..

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Saw the full list on mobo and had to run to the bathroom.

Except a few decent items, the whole lot is a cluster-fuck of poorly thought items. New alchemical looks like shit too. Most of the named loot from this update can easily be ignored least you end up with more shit cluttering your BTC bank and slowing your TR even more

Guess I can sit and wait for feywild news
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2020 at 2:17pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Yet another update filled with completely useless shit. 

Who could’ve known?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
So no legendary alchemical crafting.

/sigh

I guess its better but goodgod I miss the customization.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:11pm:

True Omniscience.
Keep :
Resistance 17 is unique.
Add :

https://i.imgur.com/aUjVyQg.png

By the way, didn't the rockstars noticed that heightened awareness is redundant with riposte 10 since they both give an +10 INSIGHT bonus to AC but riposte adds +10 to saves too?

Rockstars, fucking rockstars.....
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2020 at 6:25pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 6:23pm:
By the way, didn't the rockstars noticed that heightened awareness is redundant with riposte 10 since they both give an +10 INSIGHT bonus to AC but riposte adds +10 to saves too?

Somebody pointed that out to Lynnabel on the DDO Forums and she said she would change it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
I've been looking forward to a heroic revamp of the Thaarak Wraps for years. It never happened and Legendary HoX came and went without the wraps.

So here we are finally getting the wraps in the wrong raid; and they're kind of shit. Lowest base DPS of any handwrap leveled 28+. The effects are awful due to the low 100 DC on Nightmares, not having the force damage on hit like the legacy Nightmare effect, and bringing nothing unique or worthwhile to unseat Duality or Fetters, hell there's not even a reason to loot them if you pulled them.

I was hoping they might be decent in the future for the Iconic Shifter but nah. Despite Duality being tied to monk levels, you'd still get better performance out of them. And despite the rarity of THTH runs depending on the server, you're still better off getting Fetters if they drop/runes. So I dunno what the point of the Thaarak wraps are.

I saw some good feedback posted page 10 of the thread about them. But given the general consensus is all of the loot is looking awful; I imagine the Thaarak wraps are a lost cause for getting good changes made to them. Which is a huge shame.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 6:23pm:

This is what happens when Lyn creates loot using the same rng loot maker that they use for our random cannith items. Also Lyn is bad at gearing. It's why 4 years later Slavers is the fucking bandage holding Lyn's shitty set bonus gear sets together since Ravenloft...

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #12 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
That is a pretty accurate description.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint