Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SSG Whale Dairy Presents Hidden Potential Elixers! (Read 1923 times)
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

SSG Whale Dairy Presents Hidden Potential Elixers!
Jul 2nd, 2020 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
As if I haven't already found enough random loot with 4 completely mismatched effect slots...

Gonna assume that they're hoping the whales think this though just as much as the drooling morons that thought this was an effective sales strategy.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2020 at 6:08pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: SSG Whale Dairy Presents Hidden Potential Elixers!
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Someone at SSG has a raging nerd-boner for RNG. Like colossal.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
It’s useful for hardcore when you don’t have full think gear I guess.    But RL and Sharon sets are not that hard to farm out. 

On live id not buy them.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Ah, pandering to hardcore. Yeah that's ok I guess. Gotta keep the lights on somehow.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
I am assuming we eventually get a crafting system for cannith loot pushed to 32/38/40. There will inevitably be odd times where we have not much new loot coming, then combined with the new crafting system we should get, which all ends up to make it where potentially getting an immensely rare 4 perfect rolls slotted item becomes best in slot.

As of now they are useless on live at cap, to me.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 2nd, 2020 at 9:53pm:
I am assuming we eventually get a crafting system for cannith loot pushed to 32/38/40.

We currently have a system that goes up to 34, but the entire advantage of that is the ability to make an ML30 item with an ML34 base stats. We should not expect the crafting system to be updated when the cap is raised(remember how long it took them to update it last time?). At best it might keep pace with the current system, but it'll be a while before crafted loot actually outpaces sharn gear, and if they do follow any sort of sensible plan we should expect named loot to keep pace with the level cap raises.

There will inevitably be odd times where we have not much new loot coming, then combined with the new crafting system we should get, which all ends up to make it where potentially getting an immensely rare 4 perfect rolls slotted item becomes best in slot.

Add in the immense rarity + the highly unlikely scenario where it is better = probably never happen. Its plausible, sure, in the same way winning the lottery or getting an ESoS, but its probably never going to happen.

As of now they are useless on live at cap, to me.

And so it shall remain.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 9:28am
Print Post  
imagine a publisher whose business model was to release a single, really long book, one word per version, with a new version released every week. every few weeks, the publisher goes back and changes core components of the story. this goes on for 15 years. then they hire a new storyline editor, who decides that this book is too short, and to extend the longevity of this read, has the text within encrypted on each page with a random cypher. finally, they release an unplanned second book, whos content is JUST the random cyphers required for each page. however due to the nature of the unending changes to all parts of the first book, they now have two books that you must endlessly reacquire and read one word at a time while the text youve already seen morphs into completely different stories each version in both of them.

this is the business model of DDO. and if you dont like reading this way, maybe youre just illiterate.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2020 at 9:32am by eighnuss »  

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 10:00am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 2nd, 2020 at 9:59pm:
Add in the immense rarity + the highly unlikely scenario where it is better = probably never happen. Its plausible, sure, in the same way winning the lottery or getting an ESoS, but its probably never going to happen.

To me it is very likely to occur. The luls between new content, the need for devs to always push a new system for levels 32+, which they can then sell in some way or another. This exact scenario occurred when legendary shroud released. We had for a time, a window where rng loot beat some items if the rolls were all aligned.

I can most likely see this occurring again in the near future for a limited time, again.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 3rd, 2020 at 10:00am:
To me it is very likely to occur. The luls between new content, the need for devs to always push a new system for levels 32+, which they can then sell in some way or another. This exact scenario occurred when legendary shroud released. We had for a time, a window where rng loot beat some items if the rolls were all aligned.

I can most likely see this occurring again in the near future for a limited time, again.

I did actually manage to find a ring yesterday with 2 complimentary affixes and a third good general affix, AND 2 augment slots, so I guess it's not impossible.

Side question: does +3 UMD on an ML30 item sound right?

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
What type? For competence no, you can craft persuasion for +3 at level 1.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 3rd, 2020 at 11:32am:
I did actually manage to find a ring yesterday with 2 complimentary affixes and a third good general affix, AND 2 augment slots, so I guess it's not impossible

Well not at current levels. Maybe once we get to 35 or so, as ssg will not be able to fill in those gearing gaps from 32-40 as extensively. The random cannith loot has to be upgraded first to allow values that we would use past level 32 and then we can get a small window for a 6 or so months where we chase random cannith loot in hopes of landing a perfect item.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint