Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Has it crossed anyone's mind? (Read 4745 times)
C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Re: Has it crossed anyone's mind?
Reply #25 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Thx for the elucidation of engineering
I almost got a hard on

I can figure Lorentz functions,
But I know nothing of architectures these last 20 years

It was probably just a psychic upgrade

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 5:12pm:
Should I start to mention that I did Sybase DBA stuff for more than 10 years ? ( MS SQL Server is the bastard cousin of Sybase ASE )

Sigh.

That you even mention Sybase is a joke.   Mentioning MS SQL's Sybase origins is like mentioning Compuserve and Prodigy in a conversation about current ISP's.  At this point it is a trivia answer from 1993 (when they ended their relationship.  Yes.  That's right, they've been building independently 27 years.   I'm sure they still have the same architecture and I/o handling.   Because nothing has changed with Windows OS or SQL Server or Hardware tech in almost 3 decades.  Dumbass),   It's just not a relevant fact that proves you know anything about the current technology.  Which, honestly, seems to be a recurring theme with you and technology.   Most of what you provide are history lessons. 

I'm sure SSG should hire you.  If they want to know how to fix a Sybase DB problem from 1995. 

Flav wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 5:12pm:
Trust me... differences between Sybase and MS SQL Server are tiny... and most of them are underlying OS related. ( after all they started their life as siblings )

I've been an MVP for MS SQL Server in the past when I was a consultant and trainer.  I hold MCSE, MCDBA, and MCT certifications.   I've been to Redmod to preview new version releases.  I've consulted for and trained fortune 100 companies in MS SQL Server.  (Ever heard of Proctor and Gamble or General Electric or Lexis Nexis?)

Trust me.  The differences between Sybase (now a part of SAP) and MS SQL server are not "tiny" however, in this dick measuring contest, your knowledge of SQL server is. 

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #27 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:01pm:
Sigh.

That you even mention Sybase is a joke.   Mentioning MS SQL's Sybase origins is like mentioning Compuserve and Prodigy in a conversation about current ISP's.  At this point it is a trivia answer from 1993 (when they ended their relationship.  Yes.  That's right, they've been building independently 27 years.   I'm sure they still have the same architecture and I/o handling.   Because nothing has changed with Windows OS or SQL Server or Hardware tech in almost 3 decades.  Dumbass),   It's just not a relevant fact that proves you know anything about the current technology.  Which, honestly, seems to be a recurring theme with you and technology.   Most of what you provide are history lessons. 

I'm sure SSG should hire you.  If they want to know how to fix a Sybase DB problem from 1995. 

I've been an MVP for MS SQL Server in the past when I was a consultant and trainer.  I hold MCSE, MCDBA, and MCT certifications.   I've been to Redmod to preview new version releases.  I've consulted for and trained fortune 100 companies in MS SQL Server.  (Ever heard of Proctor and Gamble or General Electric or Lexis Nexis?)

Trust me.  The differences between Sybase (now a part of SAP) and MS SQL server are not "tiny" however, in this dick measuring contest, your knowledge of SQL server is. 

NERD FIGHT!

Will the Frog surrender?   Cheesy Grin Grin

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #28 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
I won't even bother to fight...I'm already too drunk for that.

( sorry vacation and stuff, makes options of geting drunk mere prelavent that brain effcicient Flav  [just remember that it took me  5 mins to type that [end of phrase was dumped tue to drunkeness]
)

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:13pm:
NERD FIGHT!

Will the Frog surrender?   Cheesy Grin Grin

No comments from the Portlandia gallery.   You should focus on not getting abducted by an unmarked van by shadow agents of the federal government!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 3:45pm:
I'm already too drunk for that.

You're french, that's just your natural state. For us american readers you need to clarify "drunker than usual".

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Jul 25th, 2020 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 9:14am:
Don't know what they are using (Hyper-V, VMWare, etc) but nothing they did in their applications would be able to impact performance on the other virtuals.

This is incorrect.  More than once, I have seen a VM that was assigned less than 1/3 the total resources of a host bring said host to it's knees when an application did some *unexpected* things.  It's rare, but it can and does happen, especially with shoddily written applications.

Asheras wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 2:26pm:
They use MS SQL server.

While not incorrect, it is also not completely correct.  I seem to recall that the devs acknowledged some portion of their databases are SQL based, but they have also explicitly stated that one or more of the game/character related databases is not SQL.  It is instead apparently some in-house proprietary frakenstein thing which is why they have serious problems with the TR bugs, etc.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2020 at 1:19am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #32 - Jul 25th, 2020 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jul 25th, 2020 at 1:17am:
but they have also explicitly stated that one or more of the game/character related databases is not SQL. 

Link, plz.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #33 - Jul 27th, 2020 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
We know it uses SQL based on errors:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean ... [HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to SQL Server session database.] ... Quick Navigation General DDO Discussion Top

The DAT file structure and FASTIO_READ might be your clue about the Frankenstein.

Find someone not on an NDA and ask about the Treelan lawsuit.  Wink

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #34 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 25th, 2020 at 11:10am:
Link, plz.

It was a while ago and the search function on the mobos sucks enough to make finding that link far more work than I care to do, sorry.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #35 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:01pm:
IM GOING TO DEBATE FLAV

bro are you new here, flav will unleash a torrent of WORDS and PHRASES at you in massive paragraphs that go on and on for days and when you get to the end you realize that there was absolutely NO CONTENT OR FACTS and it was just a jumble of retardation. this is literally what he does in every single post he makes that consists of more than a single sentence. literally provides less relevant information than KNN, except he believes hes simultaneously conveying some FACTS.

hes a literal retard

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #36 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 9:11pm:
bro are you new here, flav will unleash a torrent of WORDS and PHRASES at you in massive paragraphs that go on and on for days and when you get to the end you realize that there was absolutely NO CONTENT OR FACTS and it was just a jumble of retardation. this is literally what he does in every single post he makes that consists of more than a single sentence. literally provides less relevant information than KNN, except he believes hes simultaneously conveying some FACTS.

hes a literal retard

And yet somehow he has made more sense than the above run-on, failed punctuation remark above this sentence.

I don't know if he's a literal retard as much as you literally need the school for kids who don't read good.

-KĽ§ťěŁćń- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #37 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 10:41pm:
And yet somehow he has made more sense than the above run-on, failed punctuation remark above this sentence.

I don't know if he's a literal retard as much as you literally need the school for kids who don't read good. 

my lawyer will contact you shortly

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 10:41pm:

English, do you speak it?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint